Is he the biggest cinema genius ever?

Is he the biggest cinema genius ever?

He's the biggest hack ever

is that tom selleck i didnt know he was still in the biz do you think he'll get a magnum pi reboot going lol thatd be great

He's alright
So why exactly didn't Writer enter the center of the Zone?

considering half of his movies are either a ripoff of Rerberg or Bergman no, but he's still up there with the greatest

Solaris 2002 is better

no I am

that's a great question, i'm glad you asked.

To be frank with you, he was a good director, but no genius. His greatest films are basically him trying to direct like another director, finding out what made them tick-tock.

Ivan's Childhood is Rosselini film.
Nostalghia is Antonioni film
Bunch of his shit is pretty much Bergman riffing.

Basically he could make really good covers but nothing of his own (MIrror is Parajanov+Bergman)

I'm pretty sure with Mirror and Nostalghia you're all wrong. He even said Nostalghia was his most personal film, and most of the mirror comes from his own memories and his own understanding of philosophy and poetry.

a lot of great and successful directors love him and think he is a genius

but some people on Sup Forums think he is a hack

i guess these guys on Sup Forums are right because... um....

They look like the films of those directors. Visually.

Not talking about the narrative of the script here. But in terms of pure visual experience.

>Rerberg
See this is how I know you're a fucking retard with no clue about what you're talking about.

I watched Andrei Rublev for the first time yesterday, it's good shit

there might be Berman influences in his work, but to say he copied his style and motifs is reaching

see this is why I know you haven't seen the documentary

Rerberg created the look of Mirror and of the first shooting of Stalker which Tark reshot after the film was ruined

>copied his style and motifs is reaching
Have you fucking seen Sacrifice?
It's a Bergman film down to the fucking actors, lel.

I don't agree that Mirror is a visual copy of Parajanov and Bergman, I mean in sculpting time tarkovsky specifically talks about the poetic image and his mise en scene, mixed with Rerberg's cinematography I really don't understand where you're coming from, his style was very unique.

Can you expand more?

No one is.

No yeah I knew all about that, I think you need to look up what ripping off means.

>Ingmar Bergman said of him:
>"Tarkovsky for me is the greatest (director), the one who invented a new language, true to the nature of film, as it captures life as a reflection, life as a dream."

>I knew all about that

you know about it but haven't watched it then.
Stalker is a ripoff of Rerberg in the sense that the people who saw the first film said the Stalker Tarkovsky re-shot after firing Rerberg was almost identical and Rerberg having been the dp for Mirror it's clear who influenced who

>half his movies
>literally just Stalker

Really made me think.

I don't know if you're thick in the head or just trolling

Did he die not knowing he was a hack?

No

>because... um....
because we have no interest in being perceived as uncultured or a pleb if we state otherwise. We tell it like it is. There are no interviews for us. We are true fans of true kino. We ARE the kino.

tbwh if you haven't seen at least 5000 film you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on Sup Forums

Bergman surprisingly had pleb taste in movies. For example he hated Citizen Kane and loved American Beauty.

Not even greatest slavic cinema genius

>ripoff of Bergman
Que?

he is the russian chuckle brother.

Trying to find meaning in Tarkovsky's movies defeats the entire point and message of his movies. This might sound pretentious but take it as you will.