Repeat after me, Lord of the Rings is overrated

Repeat after me, Lord of the Rings is overrated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sQ9NOV3KNpY
youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCQ53pWxDcE
youtube.com/watch?v=SkyeB9S54AY
youtube.com/watch?v=4QfHKv86gRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wC-JOW2YafM
youtube.com/watch?v=wJXJQfR0oOw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what is that? a stunt double

Lord of the Rings is severely overrated. I couldn't even make it halfway through the first one. Same with the Hobbit movies. It's all trash and anyone who likes this is shit is a manchild who is in the same League as fucking capeshit fans.

No.

No, it's not.
It's the greatest film trilogy of all time.

Even if every critic in the universe prostrates before it for 20 years, it would still be underrated.

joke's on you, only thing I repeat is years at school

a-at least the books were good!

They have kids with those facemasks and then in important shots they'll render in the actors' faces.

It was really cold up there, that's why their faces shrunk

I hate those fucking movies so much

i've only seen the first film. i'm not really in to that find of fantasy stuff to begin with.

I find that slightly eerie for some reason.

The best trilogy ever made, and fellowship of the ring is one of the best adventure movies of all time.

The end with frodo and sam in mordor is one the best moral stories of all times.

>slightly
It's creepy as fuck

You are upset that LotR, while the GOAT franchise, still has plenty of shortcomings, and you blame it for the fact that film has never been as good as it could have been, and is on a downward spiral.

No!

This is a response to the thread saying that liberals will never understand LOTR, isn't it?

I feel pity for those who legitimately didn't get LOTR
Watching the trilogy in the theatre was the best cinematic experience of my life. Doubt anything will top it

>from Frodo's point of view they look normal
>from anyone elses point of view they look like freaks
Truly the deepest movie of the century

>mfw there are people that actually believe this

>One of the most memorable and important scenes in the trilogy
>Pay attention to the blurred background

Legitimate autism

>Go to see RotK after missing the first two in cinemas
>You Bow to no one
>Frodo leaving for the Undying Lands
>Music loud and moving as hell
>I'm crying in the cinema

lord of the rings is overrated

>>Frodo leaving for the Undying Lands
Knew it was coming, still got me sad.
Felt so bad for Samwise.

Huh? When you rewatch a movie you don't focus on details you might've missed?

Legitimate retardation.

Repeat after me, i'm a massive pleb.

>Felt so bad for Samwise.
Why?

You can also clearly see Gandalf's stunt double when he is knocking out Denethor on horseback while he tries to burn Faramir and himself.

I'm not autistic enough to make a screenshot right now though

is this prime bait? how can you say something is overrated if you have seen it all. is this neotv or ?

but it's not though.

Actually I think FOTR is one of the top films of the past quarter century. TTT and ROTK are stupidly overrated, though.

It's not, if anything it's underrated. No other movie has had so much heart and love poured into it, and it shows. It's a masterpiece. Call me a pleb if you want, but you know i'm right.

youtube.com/watch?v=sQ9NOV3KNpY

wrong

Yeah Sam got to marry the hottest hobbit in the shire, and merry and pippin are pretty much superstars. I really wish they had included the cleansing of the shire portion of the tale, it really shows how much they've all grown compared to the rest of the hobbits and it gives Saruman a much more satisfying end. I guess they didn't want the movie to be 5 hours long or do a 4th one

Actually LOTR is quite underrated. It should be as popular as Star Wars is right now and Star Wars should be as popular as Avatar

at least it's better than harry potter

assuming you're talking about fellowship, I agree completely. the soundtrack, the visuals, the casting was perfect. its the perfect film. it even ends perfectly. even jackson didn't seem nearly as interested in the other two films.
Fotr > TT > RotK

>tfw too dumb to understand LOTR

cutting that part out was a mistake

One does not simply rate Lord of the Rings.

>cleansing of the shire
What?

who /tolkien/ here

After sauron is defeated, the hobbits return home to find that Saruman has taken over and corrupted the shire. Remember that vision frodo has when he looks into galadriels pool? That actually happens

It wasn't a mistake, but I'm sad that it wasn't filmed.

I wish the two others could get an re edit.

The theatrical release of Fellowship is just perfect. Two Towers and Return of a king is bogged down with to much shit.

Also edit out any scene where legolas is doing some stupid video gamey shit.

It wasn't, it would totally detract from the main conflict and victory in the south/east
Cutting out the Saruman death scene ontop of Orthanc was definitely a mistake though

These really need a theatrical re-release already

>overrated
There's that word again.

>it's a Sup Forums is contrarian episode

4K ULTRA TURBO BLURAY WHEN?

The movies have great visuals and the world is great but the charcters are mediocre and it gets ridiculous at times

the characters are exactly as they are in the books. the only silly things are legolas' surfing/flipping.

I want underage to fucking leave

That is your opinion, and I respect that.

Im goingo to watch FOTR extended for the first time. See you guys later.

>no battles of tolkien
pleb

deserves a (You)

If you come to be a contrarian on tv you are really preaching to the choir

90% of guys here aren't old enough to even see RotK in the cinema

Not overrated, but it's okay to not like it OP.

dude that's creepy holy shit

The legolas comic relief isn't overdone I think. Unlike in the hobbit. Please don't post the gifs I can't bear them anymore

>how to """"""""""""""""critique""""""""""""""""" a film like a 12 year old who has no fucking idea what he's talking about

It took you 15 years to notice that, I think the movies are ok

It takes like more than half a day though. Damn I wish I could see it for the first time again. The extended edition is worth it though, a must almost.

Try not to cry at the ending

ofc it is, its fantasy

Lads is Sup Forums still being slow as fuck opening images?

>90% of guys here aren't old enough to even see RotK in the cinema

I feel old now

>When they charge the orcs for frodo

Yeah sometimes I think why I spend time with these kids, but then I remember it's more acceptable to use Sup Forums at 18 than at 28. We truly are here forever, going 6 years now

Yeah it's been worse this last week

TT is still pretty good IMO

RoTK really dropped the ball in a lot of places and reminds me of the Hobbit disaster

WTF
I hate LOTR now

no

love these goofy mistakes

It's because phone posters like OP are posting huge as fuck PNG images where as JPG would give much smaller images with the same visual quality

they weren't kids, they were tiny indian guys.

It was actually filmed, but they cut it out and slapped it into the mirror scene instead.

>watching midgets go guerilla and ill an uberwizard

honestly i think the shift in tone would be too jarring, it only works in the bookl

In the hobbit a lot of the stunt double dwarves were women. One of them was like a teenage girl.

That's one of the best original scores of any film along with this from SW

youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY

Don't, I'm only 21 (22 in March) and I saw all three movies in theaters, so...

How can one score be so based?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCQ53pWxDcE

I have this as my alarm in the morning, perfect length

youtube.com/watch?v=SkyeB9S54AY

Only fellowship is kino

TTT is cinema. Rotk is a movie

Everyone on this board, and any human being with taste, agrees. The only detractors are tourists from reddit and Sup Forums who are bored and have nothing better to do.

Fellowship is one example of an objectively flawless film.

Lord of the Rings is overrated. Hp is better

this. strangely enough, fellowship is the one i remember best.

>He went to see Fellowship when he was 6

No you didn't

youtube.com/watch?v=4QfHKv86gRQ

Absolutely based

I was born in 1993 and saw all 3 in cinemas.

yes i did. with my two older brothers. my grandma took us because she was a huge fan of the book. I remember it vividly.

Hobbit for all it's failings had some good soundtrackage too

youtube.com/watch?v=wC-JOW2YafM

>This who thread
>Implying that I care whether anyone else likes a film I like

youtube.com/watch?v=wJXJQfR0oOw

forgot about this , goat