Council of Elrond

Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor.
Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall.

AYYYYYYYYYY
HOL UP
YOU SAYIN WE SUM KINDA FELLOWSHIP OR SUMTHIN?

LOOKS LIKE MEMES ARE BACK ON THE MENU

Can I come?

>none can escape it

Except the elves, who are just going to leave. The rest of you are screwed though.

The elves are already condemned to suffer the pain of the world and never leave it, as long as it exists. They can even literally die of sadness because of how wrong things are going.

Nihilism is the gift of men.

Not all elves sailed west. Also what's happening in the world is that everything is fading and becoming weaker (thanks to Morgoth corrupting everything), including the elves. Elven spirits are very powerful and long after the third age their bodies can't carry them anymore, that's why the need to sail west.

From this angle it looks like Frodo is playing on his smartphone

>Nihilism is the gift of men.
Death is the gift of men, which allows them to leave Arda, while Elves are bound with Arda and are have to linger on until the world itself fades.

>You will fall
Not if I go above ground or fuck off with the elves

That's great and everything Elrond but why didn't you just make Isildur destroy the ring in the first place?

okay who the fuck invited this guy

Isildur had his own will and was a king of fucking Gondor, Elrond couldnt make him do anything

Who were the niggers of Middle Earth?

Aren't fellowships kind of gay?

He could have pushed him into the lava and say he slipped

He could have *blocked his path*

Idiots asking why civil people aren't behaving like idiots.

Peter Jackson would have recorded, you moron.

Is this a serious question or are you memeing?

He wasnt a murderer

Serious question.

>tfw superior Noldor
>tfw only here because of my oath
>tfw I don't really care about these men or their little ring problem
>tfw I can leave at any time back to the land of immortal elf qts

Isildur was clearly under a spell. I heard he tried to kill Elrond and Elrond dodged super fast at the last minute and he fell into the lava and died.

The lore is that nobody can throw the one ring into the fire. Had Elrond gotten it, he would have kept it.

>superior Noldor
They were powerful but pretty savage for elves. They were so easily tricked by Morgoth compared to the others.

>Noldor
>Leave at any time

I have some bad news

>What about the Orc attack on the Hobbits?

Never happened. And no one can willingly destroy the one ring.
Isildur is part of the same bloodline as Elrond, and he's not about kill a relative who is also a king. In either case, Isildur can claim any spoil from the battle that he wanted; no one had any clear idea of what kind of power the one ring had...everything in the film just looks at it retroactively.

>muh silmarils
feanor was a bitch

It's been cut

The only elf related to the Noldor (and only about a quarter) who's been to Aman left in middle earth was Galadriel, and she wasn't allowed to return because she was leader during the rebellion. In fact she was the *only* high elf in middle earth; the others are grey and dark elves who never been there or have no desire to go.

If you're talking about the Noldor, there's still some left in Middle Earth by the Third Age.

The ban of the Noldor was lifted after the first age, for any who sought repentance. And there were more high elves in Middle earth. Glorfindel the most notable, there was Gildor who claimed to be of the house of Finrod. Elrond could probably be considered a high elf, through his fathers line.

>Never happened

Yes it did this guy told me

Why the fuck do people who haven't even read the books bother to post? Frodo runs into High Elves in the third fucking chapter.