Is this any good? I liked the movie. But that was mostly because violet was a cute

Is this any good? I liked the movie. But that was mostly because violet was a cute

Pure, absolute, unequivocal shit

I got bored after the 4th episode

If you've never read the books, it's okay

If you've read the books, it's great

This.

Also give it a chance, it gets better with each episode. Miserable Mill was pure kino from start to finish.

The first 4 episodes were better than the movie imo, the rest were meh

It's a great adaptation of the books, although NPH is the weakest part of the show and can't stop imitating himself.

If you like Violet in the movie you're gonna love this show though, she is next fucking level qt

this pretty much

Can't act for shit though, at least Browning had some actual character and great pits

hnnnngggggGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

didnt enjoy it

they did this thing where the background deliberately looked like a gray wall and each location was 'outdoors' but obviously 'indoors' at the same time, sort of like grand budapest hotel where they are chasing eachother on the mountain. things were random and pointless that look stupid on film like big massive houses. I just didnt get it at all.

Better than the english kid playing Klaus who can't pull off an American accent to save his goddamn life, sounds fucking irish half the time

It's good but not great. NPH insisting on being the lead character and hamming it up murders a lot of the tension and suspense in the story. When Olaf shows up it's supposed to be OH SHIT not NO SHIT, WE JUST SPENT THE LAST 10 MINUTES WITH HIM.

A lot of the pacing is also wonky as fuck and integrating VFD will pay off later but it creates problems in the early stories. Ex: Uncle Monty is a super secret agent in a super secret society and he knows everyone around him is part of that society too but when a man who he knows to be an impostor infiltrates his home he assumes that the man is part of a rival herbological society and not a secret society member?

The sets and all of the performances are top tier though. Puddy in particular should get a medal for his work.

Count Olaf is much more interesting and fun than the boring children though. He's the only one that can balance their annoying faggotry.

>herbological society

Also the whole point of the story is that adults are incompetent as shit and will inevitably doom the children with their idiocy. Even Uncle Monty, who was relatively smart and well-intentioned, still turns out to be a huge retard in the end. It's supposed to appeal to a growing child's confusion and frustration towards the adult world. Think a mix of Kafka and Steinbeck's Red Pony.

I suggest that you look away.

Its fun to watch with a friend. Otherwise its just fine. NPH is the worst part of the show for sure, which is a shame. Some of the jokes actually made me laugh which is rare for a comedy to do for me.

A lot of that gets killed by every adult in the story being involved in VFD though

Thing is, even VFD is incompetent. It's a Rube Goldberg machine of an organisation, which does so much and yet accomplishes absolutely nothing. The children are eventually disillusioned with it too.

The Scooby-Doo baby is a pointless character and a dead weight on the older siblings. I know she's in the books too, but that was probably also a mistake. The stories could be more exciting and faster-paced with just the brother and older sister.

And yes, Neil Patrick Harris as Neil Patrick Harris plays Neil Patrick Harris's "Count Olaf" as played by Neil Patrick Harris is irritating. His henchmen are fun though.

Maybe he will grow into the character.