BLACK LIGHTNING Pilot Greenlit By The CW

>BLACK LIGHTNING, a television adaptation of DC Comics' first leading african-american character, has officially received a pilot order. Developed by Salim Akil & Mara Brock Akil (THE GAME) and Greg Berlanti, the project was originally acquired by Fox before being placed on turnaround, and has now found a new home on The CW, where it'll be set on the same universe as their other DC-based properties: ARROW, THE FLASH, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW and SUPERGIRL.

>BLACK LIGHTNING centers on Jefferson Pierce, "a meta-human with electric powers who hung up his suit and secret identity years ago to become a high school teacher. But with a daughter hellbent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, Pierce is pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and crimefighting legend - Black Lightning".

deadline.com/2017/02/black-lightning-dc-comic-drama-move-the-cw-greg-berlanti-1201901139/

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/02/black-lightning-dc-comic-drama-move-the-cw-greg-berlanti-1201901139/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wtf is this? Static Shock with a new name?

>static shock
nit op, but damn, its been a long ass time since seeing that show on broadcast

fun e jook

God damn DC sure has shit tier characters other than Batman.

Static Shock came afterwards and was occasionally mentored by black lightning if you want to get technical. Lightning is a pretty minor hero who gets a 4 or 5 book release every 10 years and no one really gives a shit about him.

His story is reasonably cool though as long as they don't make it "how do I teach these kids"

Just stop with capeshit already, jesus christ every single show on television will be about superheros within the next 10 years.

Jesus now that's five DCEU shows on every day of the week.

Supergirl on Monday
Flash on Tuesday
Arrow on Wednesday
Legends of Tomorrow on Thursday
and now Black Lightning on Friday

They could have at least picked a more interesting hero, even if they were sticking with "diversity".

>WTF WHAT ABOUT STATIC >>>SHOCK

>They could have at least picked a more interesting hero

Yeah well Justice League already has Cyborg and Aquaman

They aren't afraid of race bending, they could have picked any old hero made him/her black/asian/latino/gay/lesbian/whatever.

Black Lightning is an interesting hero
You just didn't know about him

Static Shock would be a lot better, even to replace Cyborg in Justice League. I don't why DC won't use him anymore

Gotham is also on Mondays.
Legends is now on Tuesdays, after Flash. Was better on Thursdays.

He's not a DC character, he's a Milestone character, which DC bought. They have a longstanding dispute over character rights so nobody can really use Static anymore.

"Gotham" doesn't count. Different network.

I've read Black Lightning before, around the time his daughter got powers and he went back into active duty. I just wasn't pulled in.

I think I'd rather them just do a Young Justice/Teen Titans live action show. They've already got a lot of young heroes and they can grab more.

Thea/Connor as Speedy
Wally West as Kid Flash
????? as Superboy
????? as Miss Martian
????? as Blue Beetle
????? as Beast Boy
????? as Starfire

It really isn't that hard.

I prefer Black Vulcan.
In my pants.

Black Vulcan is unironically the non-copyright protected Black Lightning

>deadline.com/2017/02/black-lightning-dc-comic-drama-move-the-cw-greg-berlanti-1201901139/

i disagree Flash is much better on Tuesday with Legends watching both one after the other is awesome.

"Gotham" is better than that shit Supergirl, which was aborted from it's original network.

>mfw when fags hate on a character they know jack shit about
The DCTVerse is growing. There's nothing you can do about it. Choke on your own tears plebs

>designed the character
>built the story around him
I'll watch it

>specifically made him black
>wrote about him being blacky blackman in whitey mcwhites world
Nope. You lost me there.

WRITE GOOD CHARACTERS. Not black ones, or white ones. Just good ones.

Superboy exists and is a 30 year old man
Blue beetle would be another ironman clone but spanish
Beast boy would cost too much money in effects
Starfire would be OP/ cost too much money in effects

kek this was my first thought too

>Superboy exists and is a 30 year old man

I'm talking about the teenage clone of Lex Luthor and Clark Kent. Connor.

He was in Young Justice though.

>Starfire too expensive

>Hire a sexy near-naked woman.
>Paint her green
>slip a long red wig on her.

Now film her girating slowly while fingering herself to orgasm for an hour. With commercials.

Oh that would actually be cool but I don't know how they'd do it. Honestly Connor superboy is honestly a pretty balanced and interesting character

They wont even pay for firestorm effects and she can't do anything without turning green and flying

They didn't create the character you fucking sperg, they made the show.

Do you think Snyder made Batman too?

That's sad. He's one of the few genuinely great black super heroes.
He was like eletctric spiderman(black)