I finished watching this and it was an amazing experience...

I finished watching this and it was an amazing experience. This documentary series easily deserves the highest rating possible.

Can you recommend me more good war documentaries? It doesn't have to be WW2 ofcourse.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TqKi-SyRA7I
youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9MdsQzazs
youtube.com/watch?v=cEIaPCOqu4o
youtube.com/watch?v=2BcXGrpgUmU
bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p02g70hx
bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p00hl622
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Roberto Rosselini's war trilogy is a document basically.

>holocaust episode

Well that didn't take long.

There literally isn't any as good at TWAW. Sorry.

The Color of War was good.

There's a WW1 version of World at War

Bet you voted for Hillary faggot

>mfw Trump is President and there's nothing you can do about it

Ken Burns Civil War is great. I'm excited to find out his 18 part Vietnam doc is airing this fall.

Errol Flynn's The Fog of War and The Unknown Known
Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie

This is probably my favourite

Afterwards I bought a 10 dvd pack with a complete history covering every campaign, from the Japanese skirmishes in eastern to the final days in the pacific

But the problem was, the music/audio was terrible. The music was so loud I could barely understand the voice over.

I gave up by the Siege of Malta, I couldn't understand anything.

Ken Burns Civil War. I'm not American and found it great to watch.

I really enjoyed Dogfights from the History channel. It gets very in depth with pilot interviews and hardware nitty gritty.
The CGI recreations aren't too jarring and some of the stories are unbelievable.

Wrong. As an European I can laugh as he slowly takes your rights away, destroys your nature and isolates you from the rest of the world with his diplomatic incompetence.

This. I like war doc's that take time to explain things like basic military strategy and movements on the battlefield.

This is the only one that compares to World at War imo. But of course it don't have such great interviews with primary participants.

The BBC docs on WW1 and Spanish Civil War are informative but not in the same class.

Victory at Sea is entertaining and has some good music but it doesn't go into detail.

American Experience is one of my favorite series

youtube.com/watch?v=TqKi-SyRA7I

Hitchcock's "German Concentration Camps Factual Survey" is pure kino. eat cock nazi.

Forget what it was called, but that series that looked over the battle service of the USS Enterprise during WWII.

I recommend Russia's War as well, you can obviously tell it is Soviet Propaganda (which makes it all the more interesting).

I recall one that was pretty good about the War of the Pacific, can't recall it atm :/

There's one I saw on the history channel way back when it was the Hitler channel called 'Last days of WW2' which is a really detailed look at the last 6 months of the war. I thought it was great when I watched it, not sure how it holds up though.

Thanks lads, I added the recommendations to my watchlist.

Not documentaries but...

Max(2002)
Cabaret(1972)

>18 part Vietnam doc

HOW COME I DIDN'T HEAR ABOUT THIS?

Ihanks OP I forgot I had downloaded the whole series months ago but it just got lost in hoard of shit I have on my NAS.

Also if you liked this watch The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. It's more a personal story of Hitler rose to power.

true naval kino

I just found out about it myself. I'm pumped.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9MdsQzazs

Oh man, get hype.
Absolutely most aesthetic "police action" ever

It's 10 parts. But 18 hours long. Can't wait.

Civil War is the GOAT war documentary. His Baseball documentary is great too, as are a few others.

I saw one other guy suggest it but the Fog of War is fucking stellar. You hear McNamara, Kennedy and then Johnson's Secretary of Defense, talking about all sorts of behind the scenes shit, motivations for Vietnam, etc. He's incredibly candid and gives a very unique experience on the 60s.

File this under
>Kino Women will NEVER understand

The bloke that narrates WaW sounds exactly like Andrew Ryan. I keep expecting him to start ranting about parasites.

>The bloke that narrates WaW
>The bloke
>bloke
You mean Laurence Olivier?

Sorry I'm not familiar with journalists or whatever from the 70's.

Soviet Storm
Tell the story of WWII's eastern front in exetreme depth. Lots of concentration on troop movements and officers in charge. Made for Russian television but pretty good stuff.

WW2 in HD colour was quite good

Forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=cEIaPCOqu4o

The whole American Experience catalog is great even the non war stuff. I recommend the one on the Donner Party.
This one Victory in the Pacific is pretty harrowing.
>mass suicides in Saipan
>firebombing Tokyo
>Okinawa invasion atrocities on both sides
>Yamato's sacrifice
>The Bomb

youtube.com/watch?v=2BcXGrpgUmU

That one was really good. This had some great Pacific theatre stuff.

If you're a Brit (or can use a proxy) the BBC has a couple of collections of some their documentaries about the British army over the last fifty years:

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p02g70hx
bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p00hl622

It's not very bombastic, a lot of it is training and showing how boring 99% of the time is, but they're all quite interesting.