The Batman (2018)

Who's hyped for Deathstroke the mothafuckin Terminator?

youtu.be/fxWqh2ErkNU
>Literally the best supervillain ever created

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EKGdEHH2WHg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Literally the best supervillain ever created

>using deathstroke for a solo batman movie
Not even a fan, but that's just wasteful.

The joker may or may not be in the film as well, but Slade is going to be the main antagonist.

How could you not like the actual villain that Deadpool ripped off of?

Isn't that from the video game? Is this supposed to be some sort of low quality bait? Is Affleck even going to be in it at this point?

He killed Flash. He's close to being god-like.

way too cheerful; this would be more DC's style

As someone who didn't care for man of steel or BvS, and hated SS I'm actually still excited. I liked Affleck and the lone batman scenes.
I don't think Snyder is a bad fit for batman just a bad fit for superman and justice league. If he had a script that wasn't garbage he could make a pretty good batman flick. Leto is probably a lost cause

Yeah it's a fan made poster.
The only footage we have right now is the spoiler in the YouTube video on the OP post.
Affleck posted it in his Facebook as a little teaser.

The movie is not happening

Ben is going through depression

>no Teen Titans movie series
>Cyborg is now just the token black guy as the Justice League jr member
dammit, DC

>that hair
>JUST

???

I actually really think the movie might not happen and Ben will drop out.
All the shit happening with the DCEU just keeps mounting up. If Wonder Woman and Justice League under perform then they're in trouble.

SLADE

If I don't get this Slade Wilson I'm going to freak the fuck out man.
I can't live knowing that Deadpool has his own movie and Deathstroke doesn't.
It doesn't make any fucking sense, and Deadpool is the most annoying antihero I have ever experienced, he's only appealing to anyone because all of the "le edgy dank memerz" out there right now.

Live by night isn't even that bad

It's not good, but not enough of a disaster to drive this dude into rehab

Why can't Ben this his L like a man? It happens to fucking everyone

>How could you not like the actual villain that Deadpool ripped off of?
Not really how I rate villains.

Also, I think you missed my point. Even though I'm not a big Deathstroke fan, he seems better for an ensemble movie like the Titans, rather than getting defeating 1 vs 1 against Batman.

I'll believe it when it happens. Too many red flags concerning not only this movie, but the entire DCEU in general. And technically Deathstroke isnt a Batman villain. Id rather see him in a Justice League movie working for Vandal Savage or the Legion of Doom

defeated*

Quoted the wrong post there champ

>Deathstroke the Terminator

What? that's Slade Wilson. Deathstroke sounds like some edgy teen supervillain.

Nice watermark.

You replied to the wrong post

>Could have picked any of Batman's amazing cast that Nolan wrote off as too corny like Hugo Strange or Mr. Freeze
>Pick Deathstroke, a pathetic normie-tier Teen Titans villain

Jim Carrey should play the Riddler

Bro do you even DC??

Just as Wade Wilson is Deadpool, Slade Wilson's supervillain alias is Deathstroke the Terminator. He also predates the Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator, but is more commonly known as just Deathstroke so that people don't get confused.

Do your research before you sound like a tard.

I've been a fucking mess all day. Bumped a shelf of 2 liters at the store turning around and knocked all of them on the floor. It's just been awful.

>Abilities
>Utilizes 90% of his brain capacity

Whatch out Batman

Normie tier would be Deadpool m8.
Deathstroke was rated one of the top DC supervillains of all time.

>Deathstroke
Literally who?

Yikes. Is the title really "The Batman"?

Oh cmon.

Exactly.
He's a perfect tactician and will definitely match Batman's fighting.
The fight between them will be iconic and it's been a long time coming for them to vs eachother in a major film.

really, the idiot went through all that effort making a fan poster and he misspelled the lead actor's name?

WHEN THERE'S TROUBLE YOU KNOW WHO TO CALL

Look him up man, you might appreciate how awesome he is.
He was also a major antagonist on the show Arrow. And he main antagonist from teen titans, he recruited the H.I.V.E. to end the titans.

Best case story scenario, its a temporary truce between Black Mask and The Penguin and they hire Deathstroke to kill Batman. Add random cameo appearances with Clayface or Riddler. Worst case scenario, Joker hijacks the plot

>Arrow
How dare you. Never reference CW shit again

>SLADE

All of my yes.
youtu.be/EKGdEHH2WHg

>just give me people I know, new things scare me

Eh, I know it's dumb but I get confused with all the 'Death' guys, Deathstroke, Deadpool, Deathshot, Deadman, Deadhead ...

New No-No: come up with an original name or I won't read your comic

pretty risky casting

He looks like a Mortal Kombat character.

Kek I only watched a few episodes for Slade Wilson, it was pure cancer otherwise. I threw that series in the garbage even though it had my fav villain.

He fights like one

>one of the few characters for which tacticool would make sense
>dress him in a dumb plastic armor

Bravissimo DC.

Basically the quick rundown on Slade Wilson aka Deathstoke: Hes DC's top merc and killer. Sure Deadshot is the worlds best marksman but Deathstroke is the jack of all trades kind of killer for hire.

Basically if Batman just said fuck this no killing shit and became a mercenary.

Yeah pretty much

>Dumb armor

Dude Slade has the coolest armor, when people see that two tone helmet they usually fall in love with the design of it. So simple yet effectively intimidating.

Do the Rothschilds bow to him?

I would assume they would, seeing as Deathstroke(Slade) is has infinite money at his disposal from being a flawless assassin/Merc for hire. As well as the fact that if you asked Deathstroke to terminate a baby, he would do it with no hesitation.
He uses 90% of his brain capacity, making him one of the most methodical and precise hitman in the DC universe.

Cant frickin wait

Holy shit. I hope his acting has improved.

>rather than getting defeating 1 vs 1 against Batman.
They've gone toe to toe multiple times throughout the various medias. Each time Batman has stated he had to give it his all just to survive. Deathstroke is a no joke kind of super villain.

Fuck batman

>Leto is probably a lost cause
I'm still trying to understand why they gave him those tattoos

Being directed by the Kino God himself

Hell nope. This is obvious bullshit.

Yes.
This is a Deathstroke thread if you haven't noticed.

same thing with superman and doomsday. guarantee you this will be a an easy villian

Having any hype for a DCEU movie is risky.

>tfw the best part about Arkham Origins was the Batman v Deathstroke cinematic.

this poster sucks
Would have been better if batman and deathstroke switched places.

Honestly I think Batman and Deathstroke are the perfect match for each other. I know that a ton of capeshit movies nowadays are just "villain has the same powers as the hero but he's evil", and to some extent that's true with Deathstroke; he's a master martial artist, highly intelligent, and uses an array of gadgets just like Batman. But they're just different enough to play off one another in an interesting way. The fact that seeing Deathstroke on the big screen will probably make me cum in my trousers is another contributing factor.

No man you're wrong.
Deathstroke is a big time supervillain who deserves a lead role on major film like this. He's one of the best villains that is overshadowed by shittier villains. this would give him the light he deserves.

A lot of people didnt know much about bane or scarecrow before they were major antagonists in the dark Knight series. So think about that.

Sad but true

Yeah it's just a fan poster.
We'll get better content and new promotional trailers too. People are just so excited about this match up in the new Batman movie that they are already making their own fake promos.
Slade Wilson has a cult following and many diehard fans who have been wanting this for a long time.

He's not directing it anymore

>seeing Deathstroke on the big screen will probably make me cum in my trousers
Same

Fucking fanboys. Affleck got fed up with them and the media constantly asking him about Batman.

Funny how 3 years ago people made a petition to have him removed as Batman.

I was so hype for that game too, even though it wasn't a Rocksteady one.
If I had to review the game in as little words as possible I'd say it had but didn't quite reach it's potential. I even saw the potential in the multiplayer. If they would have made it so it was only 1 faction of thugs against B&R, larger more intricate maps, and bigger team size for the thugs it would have been a great multiplayer superhero game.

pretty hyped to see him runaway like a faggot when he starts getting his shit kicked in as usual.

>implying they won't do a bane-esque storyline where DS beats him in their first fight and then Batman defeats him in the climactic final battle.

That's fucking sucks.
Personally I feel that Affleck makes a really nice matured Batman and I almost prefer him over Christian Bale.
Plus his jawline fits well with the mask, which is the major asking point for a potential Batman actor.

They definitely need a reboot of it.

Actually I think there might be a reboot coming out, but idk if Slade will be in it.

What's the point of him wearing a mask? That shit doesn't protect against the Batman.

Its basically for advertising his services and intimidation. Some versions its made of cloth, others its actual body armor. Regardless he cant see from one side anyway

Mr. Freeze would be fucking great. To have a sympathetic villain and Batman actually having a moral dilemma.

This movie is DOA. THREE years of hype for Affleck directing, him saying if the script is shit he won't do it, and guess what - he's not doing it.

The movie that was supposed to save the DCEU, the movie that was supposed to be guaranteed great, is now in jeopardy.

Affleck is not directing, the script he wrote is not good enough, even though Johns helped him. Terrio has nothing to offer that Affleck/Johns can't do. Affleck is the Oscar winning writer, Johns has comicbook knowledge and wrote a bunch of well received comicbooks.

No A-list director is gonna touch this, even Matt Reeves may not do it if he has some self respect, and knows WB will take the movie away from him and fuck it up in the editing room.

His mask is actually bulletproof for the most part and he actually suits up, unlike other villains in the DC universe.

>Why does the nobody shoot the joker in the face
Because plot armour, that's why.

And hopefully this sums it up

>Deathstroke(Slade) is has infinite money at his disposal from being a flawless assassin/Merc for hire.
>He uses 90% of his brain capacity, making him one of the most methodical and precise hitman in the DC universe.

Mary Sue: the villain

I think Johns position, along with the creation of DC Films studio post BvS, was simply PR from WB. Whatever Johns hands them, doesnt mean they'll greenlight it. WB suits are the reason why the DCEU is so shit to begin with. Also Johns isnt the best writer for Batman or Justice League for that matter. Hes done well with Aquaman and Flash but outside that hes been hit or miss

Practically EVERYONE in comics is a mary sue user, I dont see how this is news to you

It really hurts to watch how such beautiful man like Ben sinks into the deep of his depression. He's coming close to Sad Keanu level of sadness.

>in order to built
>regenerative is nature

the second line has meme potential at least

Fuck, man

I'm sad now

Keanu came back from the abyss with John Wick, hopefully Ben makes it out too

still a fagget,like batman and you

Unless you're a huge name director like Fincher, idk how anyone can turn down the chance to work with Batman.

That's right behind Star Wars when it comes to iconic franchises

>A gay bounty hunter

Nah tho. Hugo Strange all day BB

Right, but that doesn't make this particular character interesting to me

This dude as Hugo would be fucking based

I haven't wished anything was true this hard in my entire life

Why would you want deaths trove to be anything other than a side villain for a movie

CIA

Yeah Deathstroke has a more militant method of combat, just from his gear and how he dresses. Add in the mask and a sword and you've got a unique look that contrasts pretty heavily to Batman's look. Realistically for a regular human to take on Batman, he's going to have to have the same skills, so there's really no avoiding that sort of repetition of 'powers'. Like right now it's laughable that Joker is a threat to this Batman that took on Superman, but Deathstroke has the brains, brawn and tech while Joker seemed to have none of those.

Dude that would make a great hugo

this looks terrible

>moron asks stupid question
>idiots don't give obvious answer

He wears a mask because he is an assassin and doesn't want his face plastered everywhere. Really simple