Asking to Sup Forums's die-hard trekkie and casuals. What is the best way to get into Star Trek?

Asking to Sup Forums's die-hard trekkie and casuals. What is the best way to get into Star Trek?

become a lonely virgin

get rid of your friend(s) and your gf if you have one and just dive head first into its amazing lore

>2, 3, 1

then pick whatever of the rest you'd like. It's long road though, it'll take you a while to getting from there to here

That image is weird with blank white space next to captain archer

watch ost then tng

either quit there or move onto ds9 and whatever else you want

Official Star Trek captain ranking:
Picard>Sisko>Shatner Kirk>Dogshit>Janeway>Pine Kirk>Archer

>Dogshit

not

>porthos

you had one job

Watch the movie Star Trek 2009 and Into Darkness, ignore everything else and wait for the next one :9

Shits like you don't deserve to procreate.

Stick only to the original series and DS9. Fuck everything else. Especially Discovery. Also this

this is not the correct answer, but the disarming :9 at the end forced a (you)

Start with TOS. Watch every single episode, from the beginning, in production order. If you don't like it, then come back here and we'll tell you which episodes to skip. When you're done, watch TNG.

Or

Start with TNG. Watch every single episode, from the beginning. If you don't like it, then come back here and we'll tell you which episodes to skip. When you're done, watch TOS.

After you've finished with both TOS and TNG, then it's time to watch DS9.

I'm surrently watching Star Trek Enterprise again after years and years of only watching the series when they debuted. I'd suggest starting with Enterprise, it's not the best series but it's very.. "basic", and "fresh".

Do NOT start with DS9 or Voyager, those are epic level, but far too 'deep' to jump into at first.

Anyway, since OP won't respond, i'm turning this into a Star Trek General thread.

Even though I love sci fi, and I know star trek is pretty liberal in it's "hard sci fi" reasoning, and it's often not based in any hard science.... the time travel stuff still bugs me. It's the one area of star trek that I really really wish they don't delve into. The only single time travel story I enjoyed was Enterprises Alternate WWII storyline... and DS9's story line about that black revolutionary fighter, Gabriel Bell, who fought for a poor shanty town in California... that was good.. but all the other time travel stories sucked ass..

Do you dislike time travel in general or just how Trek did the rest of their time travel stories?

Can someone explain the whole Dominion/ Creators/Shape Shifters story from DS9?

This story line still confuses the hell out of me, as I'm not sure what it implies, why the dominion war started, and who Odo's people were about.... What was the relationship between them about?

Whoops I meant, the Dominon, the founders and the changlings and those Jem'hadar.. what's the relationship between them about? and what was the war about? the relationship and story line is confusing as balls

>Do NOT start with DS9 or Voyager, those are epic level, but far too 'deep' to jump into at first.

WEW

Already did

I think i will try and go with either TNG or Enterprise first. Thanks for all the other recommendation.

I already tried to watch the 2009 version. Its not bad, but i think its pretty okay-ish action-space movie and nothing like the sci-fi adventure show everyone is talking about.

Go ahead user. Have fun with the rest of the thread.

The Founders are the Changelings. They hate interacting with solids. They just want to be by themselves and have sex all day long (they call this giant orgy "The Great Link").

They modified some animals to create the Vorta and the Jem'Hadar. The Vorta and the Jem'Hadar are the Dominion. The purpose of the Dominion is to make the galaxy follow a strict set of rules.

Rule #1 is to never ever ever interact with the Founders, because this disrupts their eternal sex orgy.

Hundreds of years ago, the Founers sent out some baby Changelings to learn more about the universe, because they weren't satisfied with the boring reports from their Vorta underlings. However, the Founders regretted this decision, because fewer Changelings made their orgy more boring.

Odo is one of those baby Changelings. The war "officially" started because the Alpha Quadrant powers refused to become members of the Dominion and follow their rules. But really it started because Odo refused to join their orgy. That's why it ended when Odo agreed to give up his freedom and join the orgy.

And now you know.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Is knowing still half the battle?

I really hope it's still atleast 1/3rd of the battle

Terry Farrel and her broad shoulders turn me on like a lot so I've gotta get to DS9 eventually...

You don't have to get into it just because all the tv writers have their characters talk about it like it's the greatest thing ever.
Just because lots of faggots online never shut up about it.
The show was mediocre at best and usually shit.
One of the most overrated shows in existence.
>inb4 contrarian

I'm assuming the Founders (aka the changlings) are one of the first species ever in the universe?

TNG. The reason there are 4 series after TNG aired is because it was so good.

A lot of people's love for it is played up to fit in with the trend of being a Trekkie.
It's just hard level consumerism.
I cannot believe that that many people genuinely love it as much as they claim to but they have to make themselves think they do for some reason.

No.

But yes in non-canon shit. Because people can't understand the immensity of time, so they want a connection between the Progenitors (active billions of years ago) and the Founders (active thousands of years ago).

Does anyone have that list of quotes from 'nerd' icons that shit all over the manchildren?

Meh. TNG was legitimately good. Don't care for the others.

you mean people like this:

Is that from the books or something?

>someone actually put Sisko over Kirk

my TNG rule is to avoid any episode focused on either Dianna or Wesley. Exceptions to the rule are 'the game', and the one where Dianna is in command.

Would Sup Forums include other exceptions? or different filters?

Face of the Enemy, The First Duty

>Face of the Enemy
agree, i'm foolish to forget that one

>The First Duty
meh, Ill give it another try

>Watch for the Data/Geordi shipping.
>Imagine yourself getting pegged with a Klingon sized strapon by Troi.
>Pay no attention to how Wesley was actually a cunt destroyer
>Drink gallons of cold Earl Gray tea only to learn that it should be Grey and hot like Rikers ass
>Ask no questions about the commanders genitals.
>When you've lost your memory be sure to bang the chick that pisses you off, is your subordinate, and will get you in trouble with you mind reading FWB
>Drink prune juice in the company of human females, not mind readers, or those with spots.
It's all too easy, user.

What if I'm not a virgin but lonely?

I prefer ENT honestly user, there's a reason trekkies hide in ENT threads.

It has had a lot of more recent support than almost any other piece of Trek in a long time in terms of a swerve in acceptance, liking and generally being added into common nomenclature of trekdom.

The others will have their various tribal intercene conflicts with other groups that are hard formed, usually on a subjective basis that will never be resolved, so go for ENT and enjoy.

I prefer the last two seasons, but check out Broken Bow episodes and the shran episodes from first two seasons at least.

They're the traditional trek seasons, the first two in structure. Third is war oriented and 4th is true prequel season where it attaches to a lot of previous trek ideas.

After you like it and find out you missed out on the Earth-Romulan War in potential fifth season, you will see the loss for what it was as show finally getting its footing.

>The First Duty

Without Picard's "Oh I envy you, Wesley Crusher!" speech at the end, it's a terrible, at the bare minimum forgettable episode.

>tfw Worf
>tfw Jadzia won't let me drink prune juice anymore because my shits are too smelly

Who originally said that quote?
Too lazy to type it in Google.

>There's nothing higher than the Klingon Empire.
That's not a real quote, Picard lard.

You have 10 seconds after reading this post to name a character worse than Wesley.

Protip: You can't

Gave myself about 30 and the closest I could get to was Troi.

Seriously he is the very worst of all the main cast members.

Oh, and just look at the gymnastics take place on Wheaton's tweeter libs. When you go full lefty, the Warp 10 of insanity kicks in.

>it's a Barclay episode

Of all the races people attribute Judaism to I find that the Founders were the closest to the old Ashkenazi Jews. The ones who would say stuff like "Not even 1000 gentiles are worth a fingernail of a true Jew."

They use other races through manipulation instead of muddying their hands. They are Changelings and hide very well amongst crowds, as Jews found they needed to do in old Europe, and they are very methodical but underneath the calm is a raging fanatic.

The Ferengis aren't even that Jewy compared to the Founders.

>>it's a Barclay episode
Otherwise known as pure Trekinography

... watch it?

Also, avoid the bottom row of your image. Like the plague.

Some of that comes from Dax though.

>you will never throw Wesleys leftist ass out of a shuttlecraft hovering at 1k meters

Watch the ones where white men are the captain. Ignore the rest.

Best ship in the quadrant coming through

THAT'S IT!

I knew some of it was too familiar, but for some reason I thought it was Odo who said it.

Edgy 12 year olds are staying up past their bed time ITT.

>not liking DS9

You have no business calling yourself a Trek fan

>getting triggered

But that's every thread on this board.

Ask a man who recited Ode to Spot at a recent poetry slam anything.

>ywnsydi two versions of the hottest character in ST history with your BKC
No wonder you 12 year olds are pissed

Is Firefly or Stargate comparable?

Maybe even Battlestar?

kill yourself nigger

>Is Firefly or Stargate comparable?

Firefly is fucking trash and I have no clue how it's so special to IMDb.

Stargate's variations never will come close to even good consistent Trek like mid TNG and DS9.

Never watched BSG, heard it was good because of Ron Moore

Stargate really that bad?

No and Yes. But I meant that Trek at it's best is so far beyond most other sci-fi that is or has been on television that it's hard for me to respond with anything other than say Babylon 5 (although season 1 is god awful)

Are you carnivorous by nature?
Did the dog owners get angry?
How was your denoument?

DS9 confirmed for best in series and best in pairings

>Spend 4 years doing everything you can to try and fuck Jadzia
>Big dick Worf strolls in steals your girl in 5 episodes flat

Being Bashir is suffering

But TNG is vastly superior to both.

Janeway> everyone else

All the other captains are little sissies too good to go for a kill. Janeway negotiates, fights, does anything to get survival / victory.
Picard would probably jump off a cliff if it saved some special sunflower from becoming extinct.
These are all facts.

I don't like TOS but love TNG what TOS episode will change my mind?

>Being Bashir is suffering

In the sport of suffering, Bashir is literally a white belt novice compared to O'brien.
>30 year solitary confinement sentence in your mind
>Get put on Cardassian death row
>Oh and your wife is a nagging Chinese housewife

Dax wanted the BKC. It was a commentary on how some women will seek out partners that aren't like Bashir, if you catch my drift.

>Are you carnivorous by nature?
Omnivorous. But incidentally, I've been eating more vegetables than meat lately.
>Did the dog owners get angry?
I am one and I didn't.
>How was your denoument[sic]?
Mild applause. Some confused looks in the audience, some chuckling. The friend I went with got the reference and I enjoyed it.

Balance of Terror
The Devil in the Dark
Errand of Mercy

>Did the dog owners get angry?
>I am one and I didn't.

Good man.

Cat owners have toxoplasma and live alone.

this guy gets it

Friendly reminder that Archer did nothing right (because he did nothing wrong).

thanks

ENT wasn't bad

this guy gets it

It was though.
I bet you think you're funny.

Had no interest in star trek, had seen a movie here and there but no real desire to ever watch the show. Randomly started watching Star Trek: TNG, marathoned every episode, LOVED IT! I watched all the movies but have no desire to watch any of the other series.

>tfw I like Voyager and Enterprise but I can still admit that they were bad

Well it wasn't as bad as some people think.

ENT > VOY

Thanks for the opinion but what am I supposed to do with my life now that I've read it?
>I bet you think you're funny.
I've got a good sense of humour; that wasn't meant to be funny.
this guy gets it

master race:
watch it in production order, stop at the end of DS9

i just got done watching Voyager for the first time i thought it was good

people on here meme that its unwatchable

it make me think Enterprise wont be that bad either

Truly an evil statement, Satan. Nothing other than the fanfic movies on youtube were worse than ENT, with a few exceptions.

it's canon that the founders "were once solid like you"

it's canon that the progenitors created the other races

it's canon the founders are still in the business of creating humanoid races in our timeline

it's canon the only progenitor we ever saw looks exactly like the "leader" of the changelings

you do the math bro

>It wasn't as bad as another terrible show

Not exactly high praise.

>it make me think Enterprise wont be that bad either

It won't. It's true to the canon more than just about any other Star Trek and that includes the Borg episode.

>it's canon the only progenitor we ever saw looks exactly like the "leader" of the changelings
Not only that, it was played by the same woman who was the female changeling.

hmmm

The Founders don't create new races, they only modify existing ones.

>The Founders don't create new races, they only modify existing ones.

That's how evolution works user

yes, starting with themselves, when they were still solid

1. Deep Space 9
2. Enterprise
3. Voyager
4. TNG
9001. TOS

I'll condense the races of DS9 into meme form so it can be absorbed better by your neuro-atypical mind.
The dominion are space kikes.
Cardassia did nothing wrong.
Bajor WUZ SPACEMEN AND SHEEEEEIIT
Ferengi are proud capitalists who get cucked SJW's
The Prohpets a shit.
Laughing Romulans.jpg
Klingons MUH HONOUR
Section 31 crash planes (no survivors)
and the federation as always are bleeding heart crypto commies but the main cast are alright.
And the breen are a plot device.

AKA, 50 shades of jews

Dukat is the biggest love/hate character ever