Is English replacing your native language?

I've spoken to a person that said in their country many young people replace many words from their own language with English. In some cases, the english word has replaced the native word completely. It is prevalent mostly among younger people. Is that happening everywhere, or is that person just from a really cucked country?

oh my god, that cat is soooooooooooo cute

No, it's not. It's fat and unhealthy, poor kitty :(

i """"""""""""""""""""""""""could""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
care less

y'all have a humdinger imma rubberneck this town yankee doodle do yee-haw

Yes

lol, no shit
Aren't you trying to bring it back though?

lol no

young people tend to mix english words into their speech here and it sounds fucking retarded and annoying

What country is your friend from?
Also i've heard english words on the japanese and indian language, also here in Mexico we say: postear:post, screenshot:captura de pantalla, etc.

Why are you speaking the language of the oppressor?

lol no, nobody can speak english for shit in here

Serbia

Good for you Frenchies. One of the few thing I find truly respectable about your country.

Depends. Sometimes its cancerous, more often its phrases that coexist with the native words concerning usuage and get mangled by our tendency to germani.

*germanifi by using our endings on them.

laziness and apathy

I FUCKING WISH

try is a strong word, some people are trying while most are not bothering. the worst part is that the language isn't even dead yet but people act like it is.

no

Feel ya

it's now common for posh flips to speak near straight english while sprinkling a few filipino words here and there.

Did you forget to take your autism pills?

Nah man, just children.

Fuck, swag and incoherent words I have no idea what means, but that's just the devolopement of languages. It were the same when you and I were kids

1. Argentina

2. No. There are some cases in which a word means something in english but means something else in spanish.

For example "bizarre" means "strange" in english. But "bizarro" means "brave" in spanish. Slowly the english meaning is taking place over the spanish one because people keep saying "bizarro" when they are meaning to say "raro" (strange)

bump

I wish. With English you can talk to everybody, with French you can only talk to Afr*cans.

it's happening here

I wish, but in my country almost no one speaks English.

don't worry. once they realize, they'll finally switch over to english.

This.

Yes. I imagine it'll stop or reach a peak sometime in the near future, but having everyday talk ten years from now have a more anglo-influenced vocabulary would suck.

I fear that smaller languages make slowly disappear because of English. Estonian is a great example. Everybody there under 40 speaks native level English.

>speaks native level English.
Does that really mean they have stopped speaking Estonian, though?

Of course, wir surfen auf unseren smartphones im internet und chatten oft 24 hours. Hier und da ein kleiner snack und weiter mit dem e-bike durch die city zur uni. An der uni machen wir unseren bachelor of x und viele presentations mithilfe von beamern. Als happy end gibt es viel party. joints, ice tea und sind auch echt hip und in gerade. gerade bei public viewings und beim trampen kommen diese products mit

It's replacing it for centuries.

the contents of my stomach

>No dutch people ITT
We are probably the biggest offenders of this.

I wouldn't say replacing but it is getting fucking annoying at this point. Also the youth talks like a bunch of ghetto niggers.

>implying most greeks can pronounce english

Yes. This mostly occurs when youths talk to their friends however.

For example, if I talk to my "memer" friends I'll use a lot of english, because they do to. Also, it's easier to discuss things like video-games or movies in English.

Otherwise I will avoid replacing Lithuanian with English at all cost because it makes me feel like my culture is dying.

It's not like this is a new thing, however. Pre-20th century it was Polish, during the soviet occupation it was Russian and now it's English.

Εγώ εχω φτάσει σε σημειο να μην πολυμιλαω Εγγλεζιkα στην Αγγλια, τι μου λες τωρα, χαχαχαχαχα!