Moonlight

>critics automatically love it because it is about blacks and gays
>Sup Forums automatically hates it because it is about blacks and gays

So is the answer in between?

>glorifying fags and niggers in one movie

It's a fucking disgrace. I don't need to see it to tell you it's SJW trash that you should kill yourself for liking

moonlight was one of the best films of the year.if you don't agree you're the fag

>movies are only good because of what they're about

Holy fucking shit you're the plebbest of pleb.

>hasn't seen it
>thinks he's entitled to an opinion

It's alright. Like a black-based Boyhood, without the 12 Years gimmick. Characters are good, very well-written, believable without being "lel muh suffering niggers".

Chiron himself undergoes a pretty great arc, from scared little pussy of a child to a real nigga. There's a scene in the middle involving a wooden chair that's pure fucking kino.

That being said, it doesn't say anything about black culture that you can't find in, say, Friday. The gay elements are slight, but they work in terms of building Chiron's character.

Have you seen the latest straight to dvd Aladdin? How do you think that movie is?

Why the fuck would I watch a straight-to-DVD Aladdin

You can make an educated guess as to how shitty something is without having to watch it. To think otherwise is being needlessly defensive of the film in question.

I'll agree, but i don't believe someone who hasn't seen Moonlight can honestly say it's shit

I haven't seen it, but I have seen Crash.

I neither understand the horrendous amount of praise, nor the fucking hate that movie got. It was an "okay" film with a very simple "we're all the same deep down, but our petty shit and misunderstandings divide us" theme. Not much to hate there unless you're a bigot, but also pretty unimaginative.

Brokeback Mountain I felt the same way over; not a bad movie objectively, but probably overly praised for its featuring of homosexual characters.

I'm sure the film isn't bad. I'm sure it's not groundbreaking either.

First two acts are good, the closing act overstayed its welcome

Thing is its not really about racism at all. Nor is it at all preachy. More so about the character himself.

Fuck fags. I don't mind the coloreds. Tyler Perry makes less shitty stuff.

Kys

Actually it's a perfect example of a movie exploring themes that would generally trigger Sup Forums as pandering, but this time uses those themes to tell a compelling story.

It wasn't preachy or anything and that is why it's a good movie

>critics love it because its about blacks and gays

Im by no means a lib tard but this was a great movie by any standard

>its a Sup Forumstard faggot cuck numale shitskin gets triggered episode

It had interesting cinematography, nothing about his sexuality was ham fisted or forced, the acting was spot on and the sexual chemistry was tense and totally believable

The only thing I don't like is a double standard.

Blacks don't get nominated for anything? It's racism. Blacks get nominated and win awards? It's because they are talented. When the niggers sweep the Oscars this year, people will celebrate the achievement. And yet, it's the same damn awards show it was a couple of years ago, and the winners are essentially chosen by the same process. It's racism one year, and it's achievement another. It just depends on what you wanted to have happen.

Total bullshit and double-standards. How can anyone even use these awards as a helpful benchmark or measuring stick anymore?

All you can do is watch movies yourself and judge for yourself the merit. Critics do love this movie because of the pandering. And there is definitely hate because of the pandering as well. But what are the true merits of the movie? You have to have a legitimate value system by which you can measure things and then measure it yourself by watching.

I completely agree with this.

But I also really hate the idea that politics (on both sides) are now affecting how movies are perceived

Moonlight is an amazing movie that panders to nobody. Yet it will be dragged through this shit just because of retards viewing everything through an agenda

>It had interesting cinematography
Y'know when I realized where the titular "moonlight" came from (probably a light balloon) in the handjob scene it was honestly pretty neat.

Felt like a lamer, toothless, neutered version of the wire.

Since the idea that people are born gay is entirely political, the movie is nothing but a political diatribe based in nonsense.

Whites dominate every pretty much every Oscars show. It's OK if niggers get a few Oscar shows to themselves here and there even if it's not earned.

>its okay to hand out pity awards in a meritocracy

I don't get the praise.
It's like they took Dope, drained it of all its personality, broke it up into 3 parts and made the kid gay

It's above averge, nothing beyond this world, not hating, there MUST be better films with an all black cast for sure.

Fences comes to mind

I am waiting for it to be released on blu ray at the end of the month but, from what I hear it's really well directed is that correct?

i usually an open to anything
but after the rampant liberal shitposting thats been happening lately, i really cant tolerate any more propaganda bullshit about some oppressed minority

usually i appreciate any form of film or art, but damn, you fucks are ruining everything for me, time to ruin everything you love in turn.

Don't judge the movie because the liberals jump onto something and try to make it propaganda. If you can think for yourself you'll see the movie is totally separate of that.

A lot of people actually like this on Sup Forums for some reason (its pretty average)

Yes, it was a mediocre film. Can't complain too much but it's not worth a gajillion oscars either