What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

>"oh walter I respect you so much"
>walt kills some low level child killing thugs to protect his partner
>"I will kill your infant daughter"

Like, he didn't have a single good reason to hate Walt for killing literally bottom level thugs that killed a child. It just never jived with me, he went from 0 to 100 because of literally NOTHING.

Walt was a threat

He was extremely careful.

For you

I think Fring always intended to get Gale to learn the formula and then have Walt killed. he just sped up the timetable once he saw how Walt could no longer be controlled.

although, mike seems to think otherwise and says so before walt shoots him in S5, so I could be wrong

Bad writing. They couldn't figure out a way to get Gus out of the picture without him chimping out over something small.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

weren't some cartel guys pissed he let them die or some shit?

pretty sure the cartel was only mad that the two guys that got killed by Isaac Schrader.

The flashbacks of Gus with the Mexican cartel and the 2nd half of season 4 are the undebatable best parts of Breaking Bad and the series should've ended with the death of Gus. Season 5 was very unnecessary and people who haven't seen it are better off not seeing it at all

prove me wrong

Yeah that was retarded. Plus he gave away his intentions for no reason.
>Hey Walt I'm definitely gonna kill you once I don't need you anymore. But hey, keep working for me anyway and don't do anything desperate ;)

I really think it was out of character that Walt would want to build a fucking drug empire instead of live his life with his children.

I agree Gus' death should've been the end.

I was never confused about this. If Walt got caught doing stupid shit then Gus would lose everything.

This.

They had a lot of issues in retrospect as evidenced by Skyler being such a bitch as she was portrayed, yet the writers thinking she was supposed to be a sympathetic character.

That could appear reasonable if he thinks Walt is dying and is definitely going to die on his own within a few months. He figures he just keeps Walt on a tight leash, gives him some decent deal to make money, and doesn't have to worry about it any more.

Why did they kill Gus friend? It was so random.

This. They wrote themselves into a hole

>What the fuck was his problem?

that atrocious accent

Selling drugs was the cartel's business. They didn't like los pollos hermanos getting in the game without permission, gotta keep them bitches in line. Plus they're the cartel so they can just fuck with anyone they want for fun.

if you ignore the stupid twins and the crash, season 2 is miles better

Good point but I think it's more an authority issue

Walt challenged his authority by taking matters into his own hands and running over the dealers. Plus he left their bodies for Mike to clean up while telling Jesse to run. Doesn't show much respect for Gus or his wishes. Walt and Jesse were his employees after all. If he lets them get away with something like that, how can you expect to be kingpin of a drug empire? Everyone would think you're weak.

*boom*

manny from scarface was nice

This, Walt was a threat to Gus's legitimacy as a druglord. Can't fuck around.

Because it was unpredictable. Gus' whole life was about order and routine and so he couldn't have unpredictable people in his employ. It's why he didn't want Pinkman and later didn't want Walt.

A better question is this: If Gus had the psychic ability to detect bombs as shown in this episode how did Walt kill him with one later?

He could only detect car bombs, not wheelchair bombs

He didn't realize that Walt knew about the nursing home.

So do nursing homes have shielding that block Gus' psychic powers?

Yes, otherwise the elderly would use their psychic abilities to enslave the young people. You get your powers when you're around 65.

Could have been worse

I want a Gus series just to explain his supposed connections to Pinochet. Or was it that he ran from that regime? Something to do with it, at least.

>Or was it that he ran from that regime
Most likely. Pinochet massacred anyone involved in the drugs trade