Sup Forums I've been brushing up on art-films lately and I feel like nothing can compare to this film...

Sup Forums I've been brushing up on art-films lately and I feel like nothing can compare to this film. Can you prove me wrong please? At least offer comparable films.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yVIRcnlRKF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Trainspotting is the infinitely superior stylish late 90's artsy movie about heroin addiction

What about the cinematography, soundtrack, and depression though?

>i still live at home with mommy and fear real intimacy and responsibility

ok

Not at all I just think it's really artful.

This movie is melodramatic garbage, it's a modern day reefer madness put together by a bunch of bourgeois jewish guys who know nothing about the topic they are filming. 3/10

Yeah drugs really should be portrayed more positively.

You sound 16. That's fine I guess and I like RfaD when I was your age too but there are 1000s of more "artful" films.

Explain how it's a bad movie.

Requiem is embarrassingly bad and you should feel bad for liking it.

Literal plebbit tier.

Maybe you will be the first person to explain how it's bad?

Reminder that situations like that shown in the movie happen all the fucking time with prescription drugs.

I have a friend who got their meds mixed up at the pharmacy and ended up institutionalized. Go fuck yourself.

It's not a bad movie, just not a supreme example of what film can be.

Well I mean I don't actually think it's the best. Re-read what the OP said.
It's just a personal favorite after watching a sampler of PTA, Kubrick, and other miscellany acclaimed films like No Country and Moonrise Kingdom.

M8, you'd have to be a fucking idiot not to spot that this film is all edge, no substance.

It has absolutely no relevance to -ANYTHING-, just like Jared fucking Leto.

None of that is an argument lmao

> film has no substance, and is merely a set of edgy moving pictures with dialogue.
> not an argument.

You have to be 18 to post on this site.

The movie is based on a book by Hubert Selby Jr. All his books are just as edgy.

It's clearly a chronicle of drug abuse and societal pressures.

> drugs.
> societal pressure.

You have no idea how many people there are that have to deal with that shit on a daily basis. Only sheltered idiots would consider this film groundbreaking.

ASS

>this whole thread

Try Spun, OP. A real comparable art-film.

I would recommend Jacob's Ladder myself.

Sorry but I don't understand your argument: because it happens IRL that invalidates anything about the film's development, presentation, and message? I think your contrarianism is speaking for itself.
Thank you!

> contrarianism.

It still amuses me that with post-modernism that word bears no actual context.

It actually carries a lot of meaning, especially on Sup Forums where a bunch of immature losers feel ever more inclined to distance themselves from their colleagues.

>art-films

you what now

this is not an art-film whatever that means

> from their colleagues.
M8, I work as a store clerk. You don't know a fucking thing about what you're talking about.

Oh, so you admit that your contrarianism is to makeup for an unsatisfactory job? No reason to be an asshole, m8.

> unsatisfactory.

Sheltered idiot spotted.

Hahahahaha OK kid, let me know when you grow up.

> literally stated that I work in a store where you have to be over 21 to serve alcohol.
> responded to with "whatever... kid.".

Yeah no you're as much of a faggot as the idiots who laud this polished turd of a film.

Shame children don't have bedtimes in Fridays. Guess we'll just have to put up with you.

Reminder that what you described literally happens to the main characters mother.
You should actually watch a movie before trying to bait. It's sad to watch someone fall on their face such as yourself.

What a pathetic webm.

Audio:

>tell me how it's bad
>it's just bad!
The post.

Maybe it's because I was referencing a scene in the movie you intellectually dishonest cunt.

i feel like only underage shit lords would say it's bad. if you honestly think it's bad. off yourself.

JenCon is absoulte KINO when on a pier

Nice reaction image m8.

Requiem is Aronofsky's second worst film (the worst being Noah).

Pi and Black Swan are his gems.

Pic related is the best junkie kino. Plus it was potent enough for De Palma to borrow the narrated stretcher parenthesis for Carlito's Way.

I appreciate all recs, thank you!

You'll enjoy this.

Aaand this.

This movie is good, but its the extreme over the top shit like this that move it into ridiculous comical territory.

It felt like it was trying too hard, especially with its completely over dramatic musical score. The end fate of every character just had to be the most horrible outcome possible, and by this point I could no longer be earnestly sympathetic with the characters because the spectacle of there down fall was gleefully pushed to an unrealistic extreme. I get it, heroine is really really bad.

Its a shame because it does a lot right

>especially with its completely over dramatic musical score.
hahahahahaha see this shows how clueless you are
the score is never overdramatic, it's fairly quiet for most of the film. Most of the time it's either subdued one or two note effects or quiet string melodies/harmonies.

But no, all you focus on is the thing that's popular huh? That one theme that in the film works brilliantly?

See, when you shit on people who talk about both the positive and negative aspects of the film, you come off as an underage faggot.

A person who calls such a subtle and minimal soundtrack "completely over dramatic" is not to be taken seriously

>start post with this movie is good
>point out some things that I think make it over rated
>hahahahahahaha

did you actually read my post

This is a good one

That whole post was not entirely about the score. In fact that was a tertiary point.

youtube.com/watch?v=yVIRcnlRKF8

^ sorry lol, but this lord of the rings shit is absurd. Fuck you

It's the climax, it has to be intense.

I'll admit I haven't watched it, I just downloaded it to make the webm, but while I was scrubbing through it trying to get the times right, I really enjoyed the ending sequence.
The scene transmissions, the way the score overtakes the scene so even if you can't hear anything that would be going on, you don't need to because it functions as it, the way everything stays together even with dramatically different scenes, it just worked really well and gave me a strong desire to watch the rest to see what happened to lead to that ending.

I get that. And I do like the film, I just felt like it was jarring to the point of taking me out of the film.

Then again its been years since I've seen it

Black swan is fucking garbage and the lesbian scenes are exploitative fanservice and absolutely atrocious.

Requiem is just wow drugs are bad with some great cinematography.

Name a filmmaker who makes the camera into a character in the film like Black Swan does (such as the practice scene where Cassel keeps saying Nail it, nail it). You have 30 seconds.

It's a very subtle adaptation of Fyodor Dostoyevsky's novella The Double. The film is fucking magic and Portman nails her performance so much. The CGI used is actually effective, for once, as well, which I can't say about a lot of films which bash you in the face with it.

It's a great film.

Man you get real whiny when you're wrong, eh?

this movie is only worth watching if you are on or have had an opiate habit. same with trainspotting.

if you haven't you may as well just not even watch them, pussy ass faggots

I have to watch this for a film appreciation class, and I'm dreading it. I hate Aaronofsky and his pretentious, bullshit movies, and this one above all. There's literally no point to it, it exists only to either make viewers feel depressed, or smugly superior that they watch a flick with a closeup of a dilating pupil.

> Injects heroin
> Close up of pupils dilating

how can a movie about drugs get this so wrong?

>There's literally no point to it

Drugs are bad, be nice to your mother.

>How to spot a person that is 16 years old

>mfw this dude had this godly cameo just because he was bros with the director
He really deserves to be in more movies