What were they thinking?

What were they thinking?

Money and only money. Think about it: MILLIONS of dollars for all of them. One million and you never have to work another day in your life. Two million and you can have a 6 figure income every year by doing nothing.

About Kino.

Chow Yun Fat was in this film?

>One million and you never have to work another day in your life
nigga what
a milli ain't shit to retire on
you need at least 10 milli to live a comfortable retired life

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Those sequels are a fucking mess. They don't tell a decent story, just stumble through exotic set pieces until they reach a conclusion.

I don't get the meme with hating PotC 2-3. They are perfectly fine instalments of the trilogy.

he was in like 3 scenes, then gets killed so kiera knightly can get a costume change and inherit his crew and ship for no reason

Not sure if you're serious or not, but I honestly think they were decently entertaining films. Were they cutting edge or groundbreaking in any manner? Was the plot fantastic and thought provoking? No, but they had neat visuals, amusing characters, thrilling scenes, and decent music. The movies feel like a jack of all trades to me

I guess you didn't watch the mind numbing, excessive, convoluted last hour of the movie

Did you really not laugh at least once every time Keira gave her lines after she became the pirate king?

I think all PotC movies are solid movies, with the first one obviously being outright a fantastic adventure film.

It blows my mind that this was the most expensive film ever made until Stranger Tides came out

I haven't watched that one yet, but how the fuck could the budget go even higher? And they didn't even bring back Knightly or Bloom for that one

Keira Knightley steals his clothes? Why would she want to dress up like a Chinese pirate captain?

It sounds hot though.

haha 10 million? Enjoy eating out of the sewer by the time you're 68.

You need a minimum of 50 million just to avoid getting exiled to an abusive nursing home

Only good parts of the movie
>Barbossa
>Keith
>Davy Jones

50 million? Ha, maybe if you live in a shed in a failed African state. In a first wirld country you're at least required to have made 250 million by the tine you graduate if you want to avoid living in the gutter, let alone be able to provide for your pets.

>mfw only patricians understand the beauty of piratekino
>mfw plebs are holding us back so much we won't even get the gore verbinski prequels we should have

3 was pretty dumb with all the pirate king stuff but 2 is the best out of all of them.

250 million? You say first world but I get the feeling you mean Europe. We here in America understand that having a net worth under a billion by the time you're 16 means you're basically auto guaranteed an EBT card.

i liked the idea of the undead cursed pirates in one, but that set a precedent that every movie had to have some kind of zombie supernatural crew. even mcshane had some kind of unexplained voodoo bullshit going on

The first one was the only one that felt like a pirate movie. Too much stupid fantasy bullshit going on. I think the third one is the only movie I understood less of on repeated viewings. I actually liked the fourth one because it was more of a self contained story and didn't have that gay love plot between Keira and Orlando taking up half the fucking story.

the amount of secret deals and doublecrosses in those sequels was really tiresome too

>repeated viewings.
why would you do that

I learned that ST was the most expensive movie ever made after jewgling the budget upon thinking, while watching: "Gosh this looks kind of cheap"

>mfw

Johnny depp is broke thats why

It tried to be 2complex4u and failed miserably.

>it'll make a profit, no matter what we do