Why didn't Gandalf just teleport them to Mordor?

Why didn't Gandalf just teleport them to Mordor?

It's not how storytelling works. Visit library sometimes.

That's a high level spell and he's a low level wizard.

He's only a level 1 wizard. He just wanted the cantrips. Gandalf is actually a fighter.

I agree, storytelling should not contain dumb plotholes or have characters able to solve the task at hand in under an hour, that's REALLY not how storytelling works.

Because the last time wizards went full retard they nearly destroyed middle earth. Gandalf can guide, is all he can do.

He may be older than time itself, but his powers are EXTREMELY limited in "human" form. All he can do is break rocks, make light and make friends with every race in middle earth.

The REAL question is, how the fuck did he end up fighting the balrog at the highest peak after falling in a like located at the lowest dungeons?

Stairway to Heaven.

>Forgetting about Tom Bombadil, the single most powerful character introduced in the book who doesn't help the hobbits on their quest because he'd be afraid of being away from his woman for too long.

Tom couldn't carry the ring because he couldn't grasp how important it was and would've lost it while picking flowers

You know the pussy game ridiculous

I thought they had some epic cat and chase like battle through the whole mountain culminating at its peak.

Gandalf actually picked a warrior build. That's why his amour (The Grey) is so weak and doesn't offer much INT. When they came out with the Two Towers expansion it included micro-transactions and he bought "The White" amour and grinded in the Fargorn Forest which is a higher zone. By the time they reached the raid at Mordor he was OP as fuck.

why didn't Eru Iluvatar just step in and rid the world of all evil?
Is he willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then why did he let melkor and sauron be?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him iluvatar?”

Well yeah but is it written somewhere how it went? who was chasing who? how did they get out of the lake? if there are stairs somewhere, they must be fucking huge to allow a balrog to walk on them. for how long did they fight? It took them like months to go through Moria, I don't think the climb to the top was done in a few hours or even days.

Am I overthinking this?

Also, Gandalf dies, spends a trillion lifetimes in space then comes back to life even stronger. Would he be able to cure Theoden from Saruman's curse while still being gandalf the grey?

Damn, that really bakes my lembas

teleport is a level 30 spell and gandalf put all his points in melee and herbalism. besides, you can only fast travel to locations you've already discovered

why didn't you send food to that kid that starved in somalia yesterday?

oh yeah, it's because you just didn't give a fuck.

from all the retarded magic/fantasy shit in this story you picked the most normal, human-like behavior to criticize.

it's written in the books, that there is an ancient stariway leading from the very bottom to the top. As far as i remember there are no specifications about how narrow it was and how long it took to reach the top. From the context i gathered they were constantly figthing up to the top and that that whole process took ages

The Balrog was smaller in the books, the movie sized one couldn't have gotten around Moria easy but it's worth nothing after the fall in the lack it became more like a slime monster than a fire demon and it's much smaller without all the fire and smoke pouring from its body. I have no idea how long the battle took but I think weeks at least, I imagine Gandalf was able to hide occasionally between being hunted.

It's for two reasons. The first is that Eru knows that everything is going to turn out alright in the end since he wrote the music which dictated the fate of ME. Secondly the last time he and the other gods directly interfered in the affairs of ME it destroyed a huge chunk of the world.

Basically Eru sees ME as an ant farm. He created it and he interacts with it from time to time but for the most part he leaves it to its own devices and it's a virtually completely self sustaining world.

>tfw you run a dungeon with Gandalf and he rolls need on str/dex gear as a wizard

Is Frodo a virgin?

because i'm a human and i am a piece of shit
nevertheless i expect more from an all powerfull god of creation. I wouldn't worship something willing to let evil exist when it took it no effort at all to change it.

He never married and he's never mentioned to have any love interests so for all intents and purposes; yes.

Mate you don't worship a god because they're moral you do it because they're powerful and you're not. Many ancient religions did not see their creator gods as benevolent beings, even Christianity didn't until a couple of centuries ago. People viewed their creator as some intangible being that they could barely comprehend who generally didn't care about people for the most part but whom could act incredibly petty. Basically the thought process was 'worship this god or get smote'. Even if you didn't get anything out of it the devotion was more to avoid tragedy their god's ill will than to invite any benevolence from them.

It's like saying you're not going to pay a mob boss protection money because he's a bad man. He doesn't give a fuck about that; he's stronger than you, he's just going to beat you up until you pay or kill you.

>Eru knows that everything is going to turn out alright in the end since he wrote the music which dictated the fate of ME
>it's morally ok for someone to let bad shit happen to somebody else if you know it will turn out good; when you have the option to give them a happy ending with no suffering as a precursor

(look i'm just trolling here. I know fairly well that you could never write a story without conflict and therefore eru has to be a mere god of creation not interfering with everything)

technical he fingerfuck the ring a couple time, then again so does almost everybody else who got the ring. What a fucking whore. Get to it drawfag

well i agree.
Let me phrase it different then: i would worship that god for the reasons you mentioned, but i could not not judge him for the lack of ethics he demonstrates. You may say, that all powerful beings can't be judged by human standards of morality, but then every concept of good and evil falters and whats left is just a "might makes right" relationship with your creator. Not that that would be illogical, my point was just that such a being wouldnt "deserve" worship from my standpoint

>he's never mentioned to have any love interests
Who is Sam?

right? can't believe that everyone here forgot how they shared the load.