I don't ever cry after a movie

I don't ever cry after a movie.
didn't cry after watching this either

It's weird, I behave pretty much like Affleck's character except for the getting drunk and starting fights part yet I don't have any horrible, traumatizing event in my past.

Yep.Totally relate to him.I don't have any traumatizing past either.But his will to not live and just drag himself through life hits too close to home.

it is called having depression

plus growing up on the North Shore

Only 80s kids who left their children in a burning house would get this movie

That's funny. I have traumatizing events in my past comparable to Affleck's character, and yet I neither drink or behave like him.

Sure, at the end of the day, the looming burden fo crushing despair and depression is always there, but I don't let it affect me in my interactions with others.

That said, one always wonders when the battle will be lost.

Same.

I was really dissatisfied watching this movie. The freezer and Police station scenes were really good but most of the movie felt like soap opera tier bullshit.
What's worse is they only told 3/4ths of a story and never truly concluded things, it felt horribly half baked.

Also what was the point of the band scenes being longer than 1 minute? They added literally nothing to the story, same goes for his two girlfriends where he showed no signs of grief despite the fact that his fucking dad just died.

>traumatizing events
Let it out user

I thought it was pretty good. Michelle Williams killed every scene she was in. Saddest part was when she told Lee she still loved him.

Also loved how the town reacted to Lee. From the coach referring to him as "the Lee Chandler" to that women at the docks being afraid when he was asking for a job. Half the town thinks he intentionally burned his home down.

Not every scene needs to be 2deep4me and add something meaningful.

But they do, it detracts from the overall experience.
They could've replaced those scenes with something meaningful in the story or at the very least just remove them to save time.

>add something meaningful
Except that's what movies need to do in order to build character progression.
Most of the scenes just told the same plot elements and character elements over and over again and it was fucking boring.
Also if that half baked performance from Michelle Williams wins her an Oscar then I'm done with awards shows forever, fuck even Naomie Harris is better then her.

What about the 80s kids who were left in a burning house?

>Half the town thinks he intentionally burned his home down

No they don't you autist, he's ostracized because of how immensely he fucked up.

>they never truly concluded things

Look at this, everybody. This is the audience (((Disney))) wants. This in what happens when you allow studio capeshit slop to shape your taste in films. Not only is this man a pleb, he's a pleb on a fundamental level, so indoctrinated is he by the cookie-cutter flick format.

It was probably always like this tho.

>what was the point of the band scenes
comedic effect? People that have been in bands would find those scenes quite humorous

Yeah. Burning your own home down is a pretty fucked up thing to do.

The first time i saw it and the hockey coach was talking about "THE Lee Chandler" and all the hockey kids were muttering about it i thought it was gonna turn into some inspirational sports drama where Lee coaches the kid through a tough hockey season. The traumatic past would have been something like he fucked up bad on the ice one day and got injured after a cinderalla story season and ruined everything for the school.
I remember thinking "wow this is not what i expected this movie to be about at all" and then there was the house fire flashback scene and i felt like a huge idiot.

I assumed the people were muttering about him because of either they thought he burned his house down (which is why some of the kids who know better were saying the story is bogus) or because they know he drunkenly starts fights alot

People were muttering about him because he was fucked up.House and kids burned down due to his carelessness,wife divorced him,tried to kill himself,anger issues.

I nearly teared up during the scene on the poster when she said "I love you" and Casey was kind of just speechless