Why didn't they teach Math at Hogwarts?

because dumbledore is going to add some more numbers anyways

>learn to add
>realise house points should be higher than Gryffindors

Arithmancy

Muggle maths is irrelevant.

not having any of the traditional subjects is a mistake
they'll grow up uneducated as fuck

because the magic is a metaphor for math. To a woman, who wrote the books, math is like magic because they cant explain it.

I don't think that would have helped improve one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>No math
>No writing courses
>No literature courses
>History taught by a terrible teacher with no understanding of pedagogy

HOWEVER:
>Teach gardening
>Teach pest control
>Teach husbandry
>Teach astrology

5/10 intro. Apply yourself.

I'd like to think muggle studies touches on it a bit.

Grow up or fuck off back to Sup Forums

Because

>You don't get friends with Science

hogwash is liberal hellhole. only feels.

Why would they even bother to look for a career after school? They could just beg for a handout, buy some bread and then magically make the bread last forever. Why would they have to work and buy a house if they just can live inside a tent that has interior like a palace? If they bought weed, they could just magically make the weed jar full and they'd never have to buy weed again

Why do wizards even use money if they can just get shit for free? Are gringott jews fiddling with economy?

because math is pointess when a calculator costs $1.

Electronics don't work around hogwarts

>magically make the bread last forever
>magically make the weed jar full

I don't remember such spell, but it does break the setting somewhat.

Ill just leaf this beer.

I remember clearly there were many scenes where the characters made a spell which made food last longer. They just needed some of the original stuff left and then they just made it last

>living your life stuck in a tent eating bread everyday every meal

wow, great

Whatever dude. They could fly to tropical beach on a broom if they wanted. And they could just go on and steal a beef wellington from muggle and make that last for how long they ever wanted

"No!"

ohthere it is

Because it's a school for wizardry, not for mugglery

>Why do wizards even use money if they can just get shit for free? Are gringott jews fiddling with economy?

I would assume money is used to buy wizard stuff. Like brooms and text books.. (were textbooks magical or just regular books?)

For all the muggle stuff, yeah, could just replicate shit

When Harry got that memory from Slughorn he uses a spell that refilled the wine bottle several times, though I don't know if it was in the movie.

>get a shekel
>multiple shekel with magic
>have unlimited shekels for the rest of your life

That easy.

It was written by a woman.
You might as well expect a black person to write about swimming.

>Why didn't they teach Math at Hogwarts?
nigga do you know how complicated magic is???

it is fuckaton more complicated than coding in assembly, these little fuckers have more knowledge of higher arithmetic procedures and algorithm design than most of the students studying CS. just try making a flash movie, now imagine how much more complicated it is to create an expecto patronum. that much.

t. wizard

this

Maybe if they had increased their problem solving and lateral thinking skills then they'd realise that they were in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>book called "how to read film"
>high tier

pleb detected

that's much better, thanks senpai

Just watch Avatar 12 times

Learning math at any level above arithmetic is pretty much useless in the wizarding world. Leave it to flaming autists to over analyze a children's fantasy for flaws.

The bait in these is always delightful

So this guy is some Arch-Wizard or something if he can use magic without a wand?