scifiscripts.com/scripts/strangelove.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=vuP6KbIsNK4
youtu.be/Qr2bSL5VQgM?t=3m8s
youtube.com/watch?v=w_d7wa0cxDU
wired.com/2011/11/dr-strangelove-footage-confirmed-on-quora-by-neil-russo/
archive.is/Rag8v
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the part when it end.

A fella could have a pretty good night in Vegas with all this!

The phone call to the russian president

>mein fuhrer! i can walk!

i never got that joke

why did it just cut off so suddenly? he said he had an idea and then it just ended

WE MUST NOT ALLOWWW
A MINESHAFT GAP

The entire movie was good.

>why did it just cut off so suddenly?
The rest of the cast and Kubrick burst into laughter. The footage was unusable

I really liked the nuke montage at the end with the 1950s music playing over it.

What can I watch that is similar to just that bit?

I enjoyed Fail-Safe far more.

Best on-screen american president in cinema history.

The part where George C. Scott fell over backwards in the middle of yelling

was that scripted?

When Strangelove is talking about how many women each many will have and how they'll be selected based on their sex appeal and the russian premier says it's an excellent idea

Because the world is about to end and he's extremely excited because he can now become the true Nazi he always was. It's funny and a good way to end the nonsense.

This

The ration pack is my favourite part
Im in the army and do recruit raining and the first time we show them the ration packs ill always quote this part to see who cottons on

youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9B7owHxMQ

took itself a little bit too serious

wasn't he modeled after some of the nazi scientists in operation paperclip? Someone like Von Braun? I know he wasn't a cripple, but any "nazi working for the gov" is probably a by-product of his popularity

He was a cross between Von Braun and Herman Kahn, who was a firm proponent of MAD and wrote multiple books on the topic.

>"I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are!"

Terminator 3

that was good too

the ending shocked me

The coca cola machine scene

that's interesting, I didn't know that. I always suspected Von Braun was an inspiration for the character, but never knew it

>no Von Braun bio-pic exits

kinda of a shame, one of the more interesting men of last century

I laughed so fucking hard at this scene.

He is in October sky

why do Kubrick films always have the most interesting trivia?

One of my favorite films. Love the ending most of all, gives me chills every time. But the phone call with the Russian president was also great and every scene with Sterling Hayden too. Great movie

>Herman Kahn, who was a firm proponent of MAD and wrote multiple books on the topic.
Why do people pretend to be more knowledgable than they are.

Kahn wrote extensive criticisms on von Neumann and the MAD concept. In fact the doomsday machine concept was used by Kahn as a satire of MAD. Kahn believed instead in what would be called later as nuclear warfighting.

Fail safe is indeed a great movie

i can walk!!

It was amusing and was clever especially with the approach to satire. Well crafted visuals. Favorite comedy of the 60s along with Breakfast At Tiffany's and The Apartment

>"As you know, the Premier loves surprises. "

I found it much funnier when he accidentally calls President Muffley "mein fuhrer" earlier, then corrects himself. It slips so naturally into his speech that you don't notice until he draws attention to it.

reference to the Tsar Bomba, right?

i think it was originally supposed to end with a pie fight, but kubrick thought that was too slapstick, so he figured that was a good place.

The Russian premier is probably the best character ever to have no lines or scenes at all

i still have it on laserdisc, it's my favorite of kubrick's

iirc kubrick kept telling him to be more animated filming take after take of that part.

scott thought it was so over the top that they'd never use the cuts they ended up using. fall was not on purpose

'Peace is our profession' get's me every time

>bat guano, if that is your real name

are you kidding? it was totally unserious, kubrick just thought the absurdity was funnier when it was in a suspense frame

>that clumsy fool tried to plant that ridiculous device on me!

truth or what?

when it ended

IIRC it's because the fight contained a bit where the president got hit with a pie and falls in a parody 'assassination', and on the day they first screened it Kennedy was shot.

>tfw there's actually a good movie discussion thread on the television & film board

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

>yfw reagan actually thought there was a war room because he watched this movie

i never understood what Mandrake meant when he was telling Ripper he had a string in his leg

"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company." Lol!! Love that scene.

>Now now Dimitri, you know we've always discussed the possibility of something going wrong with the bomb

It's so fucking hilarious how casual he's discussing this topic and how he's talking to the Russian President like it's a lover's quarrel. Absolute comedic genius.

it was an improvised line, sellers was supposed to say "thing," but he said "string," and kubrick thought it was so funny that he kept it in

Barry Lyndon is my favorite.

The direction and narrative is sublime. And the costumes and art design and cinematography are also detailed and meticulously tailored, everything is near perfection.

The very last scene where sellers stands up and shouts MEIN FUHRER, I CAN WALK!! then it cuts to a compilation of nukes being set off to Vera Lynn's We Will Meet Again tune.

That scene still till this day reverberates in my head. God damn this was such a good movie.

That scene is so fucking amazing. The way he says MEIN FUHRER is one of those things why I watch films

I watched a little documentary about it on youtube. They did actually film the pie fight, there are pictures of it. But everyone had too much fun with it and kind of lost their characters a bit just because it's impossible to take that seriously. Kubrick wanted it to be more dry humor I guess, with everyone being completely serious about it, but that couldn't be done, and it cost too much to buy like hundreds of pies, so they just scrapped it

when it was finally over

>movies reddit finds funny

but I do say no more than 10 to 20 million killed, TOPS! Uh, depending on the breaks.

>movies reddit finds funny
>being so autistic that you can't enjoy a satirical masterpiece because of Le Reddit

we cannot allow a minshaft gap!

I will not allow the only good film discussion on Sup Forums to die

scifiscripts.com/scripts/strangelove.txt

that's the original script, crazy to see how much in the movie was improvised.

Just watched it this morning for the first time.

About to watch it again with my mum lmao

Iron Sky ends in a similar fashion.

BODILY FLUIDS

Sup Forums: the character

>you dont think i'd ask if you recognize my voice unless it was pretty damned important, do you mandrake?

HE was fantastic in Johnny Guitar.

>tfw your CRM 114 is working

newk-uh-lur combat, toe to toe with the ruskies

Perfect, dat intensity.

>However, we're plowing through every possible 3-letter combination of the code... but since there are, uh, 17,000 permutations - it's going to take us about two and a half days to transmit them all

>"How soon did you say the planes would penetrate Russian radar cover?"

>About 18 minutes from now sir

>Today, war is too important to be left to politicians

Top stuff. Such a quotable film

Some day I'm going to make you Mrs. Buck Turgidson

might be my favorite scene

>Mr. President, one or two points I'd like to make if I may

>proceeds to rattle off six things

youtube.com/watch?v=vuP6KbIsNK4

the whole absurdity and twisted rationality is genius

finally a good thread

its ded now

Good threads can't last

At least most people seem to agree this is one of the best satirical films / black comedies ever made

best character in the film tbqh

youtu.be/Qr2bSL5VQgM?t=3m8s

Three minutes in. You can hear Sellers nearly laugh about it, but they keep rolling. It is a funny non sequitur.

>They did actually film the pie fight
can i see it anywhere?

bet you guys didn't know the all the main characters names were just all names for penises.

i learned this on the imdb board ;_; RIP

>i must admit you have an astonishingly good idea there doctor

youtube.com/watch?v=w_d7wa0cxDU

I couldn't find it anywhere. There are a few pictures though. And here's an article describing it
wired.com/2011/11/dr-strangelove-footage-confirmed-on-quora-by-neil-russo/

i think i read somewhere that they had it in the british film institute archives but only employees or students could access it.

I don't think they wanted me to say anything. It was just their way of having... a bit of fun, the swines. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

Why did the Russian ambassador start taking pictures at the end?

requesting webm of Slim Pickins last scene and the finale

did Sellers almost lose it here? he looked like he was about to crack up in this scene.

It's a shame some reviewer gave it a negative review on RT. At 99%, they may as well have given it 100%. Even the audience loved it.

>Cockpit story
That's not even the half of it. The photo in the magazine was that of a B-47, the bomber that preceded the B-52. The production team didn't know what the 52's cockpit would look like since it was classified, so they just scaled up the 47's design. Turns out that was very accurate, so accurate in fact that AFOSI investigated the production.
The real kicker? That was SAC's actual motto at the time.

because there was a joke earlier in the film where general turgidson planted a camera on the ambassador to "take pictures of the war room," and the ambassador ended up having his own camera to do that anyway

Were all the flaws that the movie pointed out actually real?

Probably my favorite part too

>The rest of the cast and Kubrick burst into laughter. The footage was unusable
what? really? i never knew that

archive.is/Rag8v

yes