Would an updated version work?

Would an updated version work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=krJhxtTI4GU
youtu.be/Z7GFU5ncKhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We will find out soon enough

no, it was a complete product of its time and modern hollywood is incapable of having fun

This. It was a near perfect transplant of what the 30's serial was but with 1980 technology.

Nah. Scifi is always tied to time it was created. This applies to star wars too

Nope. Only a video game might do it justice, Star Wars Battlefront-style or something.

But no movie remake would ever do this scene justice, ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=krJhxtTI4GU

In my opinion the original didn't work, so I'd say the chances of a remake working would be totally abysmal.

Old fag here. It def worked, at least for the time. This movie was everywhere. And Queen was super hot during this time, so them doing the soundtrack was even better.

>isekaishit

>have a nice day

Plus it was 1980. People would go just to hear the music w the battles. It wasn't like now where you could look up clips. Hell, most people didn't even have VCRs.

>Would an updated version work?
No
>pic related

>2017 soundtrack by Rihanna and Skrillex

no it wont fucking work.

if a director like Lynch or Refn was allowed to do what they wanted, then it might work.

dat QUEEN soundtrack

lovers of the Queen soundtyrack should check out Brain Mays "Starfleet" from 1983

youtu.be/Z7GFU5ncKhU

Von Sydow was wasted on TFA

I just watched Planet Outlaws last night and I was really surprised how much it overlaps with Star Wars.

I think Star wars was pretty ahead of itself though. That the original and ESB and ROTJ lasted as notable and potent up until the early 90's. Otherwise I agree, that sci-fi has a window of time. I mean, does anyone take Alien seriously, with their old ass looking computers? Love the movie, but the sci-fi and technology based effects are jokes now.

Rumor is that he appears in episode 8. That episode 8 has a flashback, and shows more of his life and Rey's

If you adapted 'Kings Watch'? maybe

but they'll never do it