All my coworkers won't shut up about this show. Is it worth getting into? What should I expect?

All my coworkers won't shut up about this show. Is it worth getting into? What should I expect?

Its got a pretty obnoxious fanbase who will tell you that it's the greatest show ever made, avoid them.

But it's still a good show overall. There's just a few really shit episodes, and it's already running out of steam.

A witty show that perfectly trivializes existence with sci-fi tropes. It's worth watching. The fanbase is cancerous plebbit tier though.

Reddit and Memey

expect to be dissexpected

this
also s3 when

Its probably the worst show ever made
Its like being in a Reddit comment thread
If you like le references and le randomness and sciense then its your show

First season was solid in my opinion.
There was something off with the second one, especially towards the end.

It's entertaining. If your coworkers like it, it's definitely worth watching so you aren't out of the loop.

It hasn't aired in over a year. Are they really that autistic?

Your co workers are pleb redditors. Unless you are a pleb redditor who likes to watch pleb reddit shows you will not like it and it's not worth watching.

no.

your coworkers are le memey redditors.

Get back to work Dan

This, pretty much. Though I disagree it's running out of steam. Season 2 was weaker than season 1, but the last two episodes of S2 were great.

Avoid the fanbase, and if you bring the show up on Sup Forums, prepare for "OMG REDDIT: THE SHOW LOL".

>constant fighting in writing room is delaying season 3
>roiland says this never happened while writing season 1 and 2
>hired half female writing staff for season 3

Really makes you think. Correlation or perhaps causation?

you need to go back dude

Thanks for proving my point, niggerfaggot.

Its ok but like every cartoon overrated

It's good. But like any Harmon made production it's crammed with "LOOK HOW NOT CLICHE I'M BEING HAHA" meta wankery. Terrible fanbase who complain they have to wait two years for a new season.
Meanwhile Venture Bros. remains superior and the wait time is even longer.

Expect to get shwifty

watch it if you want. it doesn't have substance. there's nothing to talk about. it's got some interesting ideas. it can be funny. even reddit is pretty dry when it comes to memes.

it's like a twinkie. tasty and high in calories, but lacks any nutritional value.

whoa, c'mon man can you not? like seriously? its 2k17 there's no place for these outdated horrific slurs. I bet you're a fucking white male too.

Trying too hard, lad.

It's good. The fanbase is cancer, it has a few lame jokes, but overall, it is really amazing and unexpectedly deep

>Trivializes existence with sci-fi tropes

God, that sounds so unimaginably fedora it hurts. Just another left wing show that schills atheism and nihilism which is destroying our culture.

It's an extremely obnoxious and dull show, it's neither funny nor entertaining, no idea why people like it.

hahaha original joke!

>trivializes existence
normies say it "makes jokes"

>All my coworkers won't shut up about this show. Is it worth getting into? What should I expect?

Strange question to ask when you've already seen every episode of Rick and Morty and you don't have a job or any co-workers.

thanks for the feedback, ill work on honing my craft

Evidence points to the fact that you actually works at reddit

It's Harmon and Justin Roiland so...Yes.

Calling things fedora isn't an argument or a point you low IQ shit-eater.

I think it's worth watching. It has a deeper story to it than you think.

And what do you like?

REDDIT THE SHOW LOLOLOLOL

>they have to wait two years for a new season.
This is reasonable because they promised season 3 would be released a while back.

>but the last two episodes of S2 were great.
kys my man

>not enjoying the Purge episode
That's classic R&M. Wedding Squanchers might not have been GREAT, but it was still one of the better S2 eps.

Amazing show. Universally liked. Don't listen to Sup Forums, they like to be edgy and controversial.

Fuck off Dan, your show is shit.

calling things fedora is the most fedora thing imaginable

>likes reddit shit
>gets mad when called out for being a redditfag
its like hitting a beehive with rocks and not expecting to get stung
Unlike R&M
Saying its garbage for pushing nihilistic hedonist values onto children however is an argument

Expect voice acting so terrible it's actually painful to listen to.

this. the burping and stuttering makes the show impossible to watch if you're over 20

I don't know how anyone can defend this, it makes the show insufferably irritating.

It tried to be Futurama BADLY. But it failed horribly. Rick is too unreliable and irresponsible and too drunk to make a good character like Farnsworth and Morty is too much of a really unlikable whiny opportunistic loser like his father to be a lovable good-natured loser like Philip J. Fry.

This, also Futurama was never even that funny, but it was at least enjoyable to watch.

This is even less funny and not enjoyable.

not even gonna read this thread

this was b8 from the jump

I enjoyed this show and I'm excited to watch the third season, but I hope that it's the last season

Rick and Morty is not left wing at all, I don't know where you got that impression.

Still though, I think they hired some female writers for season 3 which is the reason why it is delayed, think there were rumours about problems in the writing room. Might just be Harmon being his arrogant self though.

There are certain bits where they say something really lefty but it's not in your face at all and calling the show left wing because of that is bull

This, I think R&M tries to lampoon both sides of the political spectrum. Hope they don't get too autistic about Trump being elected, though.

One of the reasons people like R&M is that it doesn't really have a political agenda.

>most obnoxious fanbase
>le deep character development that is erased every episode and every season
The novelty was nice in Season 1, got stretched thin in Season 2, and will bomb in Season 3.

Beth and Jerry nearly ruined the whole show for me

They were fucking obnoxious

Do you mind if I disagree? I actually thought the season ending of season 2 was on point, it gave Rick some humanity, sacrificing his freedom for the sake of the family.

Shut up you heathen, Sarah Chalke is a saint.

>leddit

>REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT

wow it is truly pathetic, can't Sup Forums create some serious criticism?

I think the best thing this show has going for it is the sci-fi aspect. When they put their heads together, they can make some pretty good sci-fi conceits (the parasite that makes you think it's a family member, the episode that ends with them killing their alternate universe selves and taking their places), it just isn't very funny to me, and the constant burping and stuttering is fucking awful to listen to.

There is an episode were rick casually horribly mutates/kills the entire human race and his solution is to casually jump to another universe as if nothing happened.

I fail to see anything redemptive about his character no matter how hard the show shoehorns in these moments after the fact. He constantly does terrible things or enables them in others but the show never addresses it, at least cartman is meant to be an asshole, people think rick is hella epic dude. Nihilism FTW!

Sup Forums will sperg about muh reddit audience

also just wanted to add that I'm an atheist and the amount that the show talks about how there is no god is extremely fucking annoying and not funny

there's a chance that Roiland is reading this thread (or even made it) so there you go Justin, those are my biggest problems with your show, not reddit or anything, just really shitty improv and trying to push the atheism/nihilism message too hard.

I didn't like the get shwifty stuff at all. Other than that the show is pretty good. I just hope it stays good and can develop in an interesting way. Shows like this too often find their characters becoming stagnant caricatures of their most popular traits. Also I hope Morty stays naive and doesn't become used to it all, because watching him get terrified is one of the best parts of the show.

I think the biggest criticism that I could come up with is how long it has taken them to get the third season out. I mean, if it turns out that it's really really good, it will be forgivable, but even so it's not a sustainable way to make a show. At this rate, George RR Martin is going to put out books faster than rick and morty seasons come out. I think I remember hearing that futurama took 7 months to make each episode back in the day, but they layered the episode production so that there wouldn't be as long of a wait between them.

Krombopulous Michael is the best.

It's not for children you fucking autist.

this desu
give it a try,it has its moment
pretty good when you're high with nothing to watch

>posting on Sup Forums
>implying OP has co-workers
>implying OP has a job
>all posters in this thread pretending to be employed
pathetic

>Le fanbase
Yes, and? Cancer free fanbases are an exception, not a rule, because well adjusted people tend not to obsess over media to the point of being a self confessed part of a fanbase.
Seriously, you should stop using that tired old argument as an excuses not to like something/like something but mentioning it not to loose your cool factor on an anonymous Talkomatic system.

this, also a trully kino show pic

You should apply for work at a movie theater.

Bump

one episode is fucking 20 minutes long

how autistic do you have to be to not just watch one episode??

Why do you have a random image of Steven Pinker? Are you a linguist?