Is this a fucking joke?

Is this a fucking joke?

It's often the fate of low ability individual to not grasp something far above his intelligence and due to his ignorance call it stupid, joke, retarded etc.

Congratulations on the low IQ.

on the contrary, i am enlightened by my own intelligence

nope, its a filter.
looks like its just caught another one.

No it's kino

It's a Malick flick, what did you expect?

portman's scenes were easily the worst part of the movie

otherwise it was great

no u

Watch the party scene again.

Pay particular attention to Lt. Dangle.

what does he do

It's what he doesn't do.

whats that

Fucking disgusting.

Gross.

Did you know foot fetishism is correlated with low self-esteem?

No.

>Perhaps no film in the history of cinema follows the movement of memory as faithfully, as passionately, or as profoundly as Terrence Malick’s new film, “Knight of Cups.” It’s an instant classic in several genres—the confessional, the inside-Hollywood story, the Dantesque midlife-crisis drama, the religious quest, the romantic struggle, the sexual reverie, the family melodrama—because the protagonist’s life, like most people’s lives, involves intertwined strains of activity that don’t just overlap but are inseparable from each other. The movie runs less than two hours and its focus is intimate, but its span seems enormous—not least because Malick has made a character who’s something of an alter ego, and he endows that character with an artistic identity and imagination as vast and as vital as his own.

>As such, “Knight of Cups” is one of the great recent bursts of cinematic artistry, a carnival of images and sounds that have a sensual beauty, of light and movement, of gesture and inflection, rarely matched in any movie that isn’t Malick’s own. Here, he—and his cinematographer, Emmanuel Lubezki—surpass themselves. Where “The Tree of Life” is filled with memories, is even about memory, “Knight of Cups” is close to a first-person act of remembering, and the ecstatic power of its images and sounds is a virtual manifesto, and confession, of the cinematic mind at work. It’s a mighty act of self-portraiture in dramatic action and in directorial creation.

Get out

kys yourself, degenerate

what is it you fucking faggot???

fagit

What the fuck

i thought it was genuinely amazing.

it does progressively its momentum though.

plebs will say it's rich white guy problems but even as a poorfag living in LA i honestly found it extremely relatable

Malick was trying to see if his fanbase would defend him literally masturbating on screen for 2 hours
Apparently they will

Fucking white people man. What's wrong with them.

>Knight of Cups is one of the worst films ever made by professionals; it baffles the mind that anyone defends it. However, it’s telling that most defences of the film centre on assumptions that the critic hasn’t seen the film or is just cynical.

>Well newsflash, several people saw the film and hated it, hence why reviewers trashed the film. You don’t have to be cynical to see through Malick’s latest masturbatory mundane tripe.
Maybe you enjoy listening to Bale whisper for two hours about nothing? I didn’t. He was 1-dimensional and spent the entire film acting apathetic or surprised. This isn’t good story-telling. Though I guess that when the story is this terrible, that can’t be helped. By the way, the story’s literally “I’m a writer and I’m unfulfilled”. I just saved you 2 hours of your life. Unfortunately I can never get that back.

>I have to give props to the sfx editor. They did such a poor job that the music often drowns out Bale’s whispering. But it feels weird to praise someone for being so shit at their job that it cancels out a worse aspect of the film.
What about the cinematography? Surely the film looks good? It’s Malick afterall. I admit that the visuals are often nice. But they’re also uninspired and clearly the bare minimum required from Lubezki. There’s nothing here that we’ve not seen a million times before in The Tree of Life or The Revenant. Natural lighting and wide-angle closeups only go so far.

>“But its allusions to The Pilgrim’s Progress mean it’s deep!” No. Films must be able to stand on their own, 1st and foremost. Having references to (and direct quotes from) an allegory from middle-ages doesn’t make a film good.
The film’s philosophy? There’s some self-affirming Christianity in there with no evidence of other opinions considered, no new insights into the topic, nothing of any philosophical merit, at all. If the film were a first-year undergrad essay, it’d be lucky to get more than 50%.

Source.

That doesn't surprise me at all tbH

most people here have a foot fetish.

People hate what they dont understand: the movie.

Go watch capeshit, if you cant handle mallick.

>Sup Forums loves Only God Forgives but hates Knight of Cups

our guy

They're both excellent films. Only God Forgives is beautiful for what it is, a genre film essentially, but KoC is obviously on another level.

why are you so proud of yourself for understanding the movie? it's not hard to understand, at all.

I can't really get behind 2 hours of a guy remembering things while he's depressed, even if it looks pretty. If you can, that's great. I hope it makes you feel better about yourself.

I didn't fully understand Lost Highway but that didn't stop me from enjoying the fuck out of it.

I can never unsee her gross, malformed little toe.

>it's not hard to understand
>movie isn't made to be "understood"
every damn time

Holy fuck, is part of her toe missing?

Knight of Cups is shit. Only God Forgives actually has depth

watched it like 10 times I don't understand tell me what's going on nigger

Dweezil a cute

No both films are actual garbage

You need at least 130 IQ to even begin to understand Mailck's work, pleb

>ever doubting
>Terrence "Heidegger is my nigga" Malick
>Terrence "it's not over until you do 8 hours of voiceovers" Malick
>Terrence "align with Dasein" Malick
>Terrence "work with Chivo, write the plot in vivo" Malick
>Terrence "from Assyrian oil driller to admirer of Ben Stiller" Malick
>Terrence "when I go Texas, I plow into my producer's solar plexus" Malick
>Terrence "by the power of grace I have more than one birthplace" Malick
>Terrence "look at grass, get the lass" Malick
>Terrence "I gave that bitch a golden hour, not a golden shower" Malick
>Terrence "natural lighting, producer fighting" Malick
>Terrence "Kierkegaard is my bard" Malick
>Terrence "casting glut so Brody got cut" Malick
>Terrence "oil money made me independently wealthy, seeing non-avian creatures makes me stealthy" Malick
>Terrence "understanding Book of Job requires a frontal lobe, so throws a Lacrimosa" Malick
>Terrence "cast Hollywood sluts and they all get cut" Malick
>Terrence "disregard lead actors, drive monstrous tractors" Malick
>Terrence "inspired by The Word, walk to Oklahoma to look at birds" Malick
>Terrence "it's all about cinematography as I film my autobiographies" Malick
>Terrence "chases after larks and sparrows to search for the Spark through tarot" Malick

Are you saying that you didn't catch on to the deeply introspective narrative structure and painfully modest direction by based Terry?

You must be a hyper pleb. Back to capeshit you go!

They probably didn't even go to good colleges

To me KOC is the closest thing I've ever experienced to watching a dream, if that makes sense. I don't mean dream in the way like Lynch films use dream logic and surreal shit. This was on a whole nother level. The free association editing, drifting camera and shots of close up stuff and weird details that result from our memories fading and twisting over time, etc.