What would you do to turn this Ludo into Kino?

What would you do to turn this Ludo into Kino?
>What Director?
>Who would you cast?
>Adaption or original plot?

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/if-youre-nice-guy-john-carpenter-wont-sue-youeven--227607
http.trailers.bz.contentdef.com/10377/vids/bex_casey_calvert_bb120916_trailer_480p_2000.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=ziiSVgJErmY
youtube.com/watch?v=NI6ygeZxUBA
imdb.com/title/tt0808372/?ref_=nm_flmg_msc_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What would you do to turn this Ludo into Kino?
Why? MGS2 is already dzielo

Tyler Perry
Idris Elba
Snake has to sneak into the White House to stop a rouge president who plans to use metal gear to destroy Mecca.

The games are already fucking movies by themselves.

>Director: John Carpenter
>Starring: Kurt Russell
>Tweak the plot so that instead of an island in Alaska it's New York city.

>save NY for mgs2

avclub.com/article/if-youre-nice-guy-john-carpenter-wont-sue-youeven--227607

>condense 7-10 hours of story into 90 minutes

You'd have to cut out so much, It wouldn't really work.
That's why video game movies will always be shit.

Actually it's more
>condense 3 hours of cutscenes + 5 hours of choking guards into 2 hours

MGS is one of the few games that's ideal for a film adaption and yet it's never been done

fuck off you dumb Sup Forumseddit piece of shit

I'll leave you to your french new wave film analysis (blacked cunny capeshit star wars foot threads) then :-)

Very nice.

>rouge president

but drump is orange not red

I would love a movie based on MGS1, I really like the story and the tension in the game. It doesn't feel like it when you play, but it's all set over 24 hours or so and I am not sure it would translate well into a movie.

Maybe a TV show?

You mean like in the Escape from Carpenter movies he ripped off?

There's nothing better than a game that takes place in real time, Arkham Asylum is another one

I'm pretty sure escape from NY didn't have phsyco mantis in it

http.trailers.bz.contentdef.com/10377/vids/bex_casey_calvert_bb120916_trailer_480p_2000.mp4

Already been adapted into the most kino possible

Big boss and solid snake

Same premise but honestly Metal Gear elevates it into something a lot more

Bale would have been a perfect Snake like 10 years ago, Clint's a bit too thin to play BB

MGS is already getting a kino, though.

how is Lockout a ripoff of the Escape films? The "rescue the President daughter" is such a common trope

Its literally this that made me start the thread

looks familiar

Vigo would make a goat big boss only problem is finding someone younger to play snake

How come I never heard of this?

>when your schlocky 80s b movie is such kino that people think its original

Looks better then that abortion of a ff 15 parody

it's releasing in 4 days the trailer is pretty new

Shit my hype is as huge as after the Elegia trailer.

Film by Zack Snyder
Story by Hideo Kojima and Zack Snyder
Script by Chris Terrio and James Gunn
Henry Cavill as Solid Snake, Amy Adams as Meryl, Kevin Costner as Venom Snake and Big Boss
A compilation of games maybe.

What are Kojima's thoughts on BvS? He usually tweets about movies he's seen.

>being so new that he doesnt know its called Sup Forumsirgin

>Bale
>Not Jackman

Have some taste please

>http.trailers.bz.contentdef.com/10377/vids/bex_casey_calvert_bb120916_trailer_480p_2000.mp4

We're all Diamond Dongs on this blessed day.

He just tweeted that he saw it. Than tweeted some "dude, phylosophy LMAO" based on that heretic shit "Man of Steel women of Kleenex" how it sucks to be Superman because you are alone.

He is a more into marlel though since he is befriended with Avi Arad (it was he that recommended Kiefer Sutherland for Venom Snake) and Mads. One time Stan Lee dressed as Revolver Ocelot.
Also most of his comic book inspiration for series also comes most from Marvel comics, like that final punch of Old Snake to the face of Liquid Ocelot in MGS 4 is homage to Captain America punching Hitler to a Big Boss face camo literally red skull with one eye closed.

not that guy, but I've thought about this and I don't see how this would work. Please explain what plot you envisage in an mgs film, and roughly what proportion of exposition and action you would want to include. I just don't think there's enough time.

Not to mention that tone-wise, MGS would come off really weird nowadays. It might have fit into the cinematic landscape of the 80's but everything is too earnest nowadays.

I love/hate Zach Snyder but if he was in a 300 mood I think he could do it

Metal Gear is shit
Literally James Bond with anime mechs

I am not sure but either you never played MGS or watch 007

Have somebody who's able to understand pacing, visual storytelling to lessen the time devoted to expository dialogue, nuance and an understanding of tone and can properly direct emotions to mitigate the over the top melodrama, and iron out the adhd addled pacing, and alter the boss encounters somewhat to be more organically integrated into the flow of the film. MGS1 or either Metal Gears would work the best imo

Villenueve could direct it, but he's already hitched his tent to AAA blockbuster crap somewhere else with Bladerunner and Dune. y'know, meme shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ziiSVgJErmY

Bladerunner is meme shit now?

Sadly, yes. I mean think about it, it's a sacred cow at this point. I can't see them making a genuine, necessary sequel the the original film at this point. I mean, they even have Harrison returning, that's gimmicky as fuck imo and the nail in the coffin even though i know it's going to be good i have no faith that it'll stand on it's own.

Somebody hire this person

>that's a good snake eater
>diamond dongs
>metal rear solid: the phantom peen

My sides, in orbit around Saturn, have been mistaken for proof of extraterrestrial life

>that's a good Snake Eater

Thanks, my dude

Should have been the phantom painal

Prime Eastwood = Snake

how would they translate all the meta video game stuff to cinema? what's the cinema equivalent of "get meryl's codec number off of the game box" or "psycho mantis reads your memory card to read your mind"?

Weirdly enough Snake's mgs1 design is Christopher Walken's face on Van Dammes body

Michael Ironside as Campbell.

a different cut for each country, like the different notebooks in Captain America, Mantis references a popular homegrown movie for each location

All the 4th wall material is extraneous to a good film adaptation

>Idris Elba
you love rude words coming to ya?

SOLIDUS DID LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG

directed jointly by Kojima and christopher nolan

meme supreme

>Bale
>Jackman
both are shit actors

not saying Gyllenhall is much better, but would be a better Snake. one of them at least. Lets say Venom.

Wrong time to make it.
Snake would be cast as a woman and Otacan would be black and they would have a relationship.

We need to wait a few more years till we remove the Jewish influence from the media.

Dr.Emmerich, I'm FOXHOUND

Jackman's like 50 years old, people do't get that mgs1 Snake was 33, he's meant to look young

>Casey Calvert
Good choice, she's a capable girl.

Bond had also fucked up sci-fi/fairytale techs and enemies.

youtube.com/watch?v=NI6ygeZxUBA

I would watch opening night

Starring: Matt Bomer

Age Kurt Russel back into his The Thing young self and have him infiltrate a facility with evil guys in it.

Fuck, just give it to Kojima to direct, we all know he makes better Sup Forums shit than video games at this point.

Young cgi Pliskin as Pliskin and young cgi Bjorn Andresen as Raiden. Literally the perfect cast. You cant even deny it.You know hollywood is getting ready to ruin movies even more with bringin back dead moviestars with da power of CGI.

Delusional

besides, hollywood has always and will always be Jewish

it should be handled Chronologically starting with the 3rd game as that is the most accessible one. Big Boss is also a more developed charachter then Solid who is for all intents and purposes just a pawn for Cypher even up till 4.

the main challenge would be balancing the deliberately goofy elements with the more serious concepts. honestly it should have basically 80 percent serious to 20 percent goof in opportune but not "we are obliged to be goofy" ways like what is so painfully done in Marvel movies and the recent Star Wars movies.

If the initial movie does well move to doing a combined peace walker and ground zeroes movie introducing skull face at the end, in this second movie Zero and Cypher would have to be more explicitly shown then what they are in the games as the antagonist (in peace walker it is merely implied that the CIA are unwittingly invading Costa Rica on behalf of the patriots) Skullface would also have to be a minor character in 3 and make a few appearances directing the Costa Rica operations in the second movie before becoming the central antagonist during the 3rd act to rescue Paz

For the 3rd movie remove the Venom Snake subplot of 5 and have the main character be the actual Big Boss as he gradually degenerates making way for Solid where the series transitions away from the analog side of the franchise to the more cyber punk elements

Oh yeah, and a slightly modified adaptation plot. Relocate Shadow Moses to North Korea as the sympathetic government allows for the base in hopes that is can benefit from the insurance policy of Rex and the nukes.

Yeah but you're not allowed to point it out or you get the Gary Oldman treatment.

Lets hope Kong: Skull Island is kino because if it is, Metal Gear Solid could be a good movie.

imdb.com/title/tt0808372/?ref_=nm_flmg_msc_1

Kill it with fire, it's garbage
Failing that, sell it of to make some 2 cent anime ova

Not unless Goyer is writing.

>IT SHOULD START WITH 3 BECAUSE BIG BOSS FUNNY AND COOL XD
>Not understanding the context of having played the previous games first
>watching or playing anything in other than release order
>thinking a period piece set in the cold war 60's will sell
>DROPPED

Arkham Asylum is a better MGS game than Phantom Pain.

Rocco as Big Boss?

>trailer starts with a panoramic view of a south eastern Russian jungle
>low hum of a motor slowly creeps into the sound mix before a black helicopter breaches into view
>David Hayter's gruff voice gives us the plot exposition
>The year was 1964...
>It Ain't Me plays over a montage of action scenes anyways

Thanks Kojima

IZ ONLY NANOMACHINES

Doctor Emmerich, I'm XOF

The only way to start a MGS3 movie is the intro to MGS3. It's too good.
>After World War II, the world was split into two. This marked the beginning of the era know as the Cold War
>DUM DUM DUM DOOOOOOOOOOM

There needs to be a prologue action scene between the
>After World War II, the world was split into two. This marked the beginning of the era know as the Cold War
and
>DUM DUM DUM DOOOOOOOOOOM
just like in the James Bond films and in Snake Eater, god damn it the intro doesn't even play when you start the game if you don't have a savegame after Virtuous Mission, why do people forget that?

THE FLIGHTPLAN I JUST FILED WITH MSF LISTS ME, MY CLONE, DR.EMMERICH OVER HERE, BUT ONLY ONE OF YOU

It's ok user most of the people in this thread are nostalgia babbies/I watched mgs on youtube crowd

>CRAB...BROKE MY KNIFE

Who's truly the only director that can pull this scene off?

Stop saying that.

young Sam Raimi (before he got redpilled)

Another thing that would add to the presentation is that the MGS universe is actually technologically more advanced then our own. whatever period it is set in is usually a couple decades ahead of where it should be (this is very subtle in the games and chronologically as the games progress they begin with heavy Supernatural elements that gradually get taken over by technology making the supernatural obsolete, it comes to head in MGS2 where Fortune is confronted by Ocelot over her ability to dodge bullets)

Throughout the games the actual presentation of technology is follows

1964: using tech from the 80s, the hovercrafts Volgins troops use are an actual DARPA project from the 80s that was successful but considered too expensive to be useful.

1974: Big Boss uses a Walkman which hadn't been invented yet, Ciphers proxy CIA elite soldiers use M4 carbines.

1984: Basically on par if not past the current day, Big Boss using what would be considered a holographic tablet. Electrontic Cybernetics becoming viable. AI's capable of controlling world economy begin development.

199x: Cybernetics beginning to be viable even with full body prosthesis (Black Ninja). AI's in complete control by this point

2000s: Low key cyberpunk setting, nano machines used for elite troops, cloning programs, further advancements in Cybernetics. The internet is used by the AIs to produce Stand Alone Complexes and desired behavior in the population through information manipulation and control.

2014: Nanomachines common place. Globalized economy based on Keynesian military industrial complex destroying locations and rebuilding them. ID lock weapons common place. power armour and walkers based off our current Darpa program experiments used commonly.

2018: Metal Gear walkers used common place, Cybernetics are basically a requirement to fight at this point.

Literally perfect

forgot image lel

Or perhaps he's wondering why would you disembowel a girl before letting her jump out of a helicopter?

Actually originally Metal Gear was always about 6-8 years in the future to explain the tech, the anachronistic stuff is Kojima cancer that happened after Fukushima stopped ghost-writing the games

10/12 episode TV show
Fukunaga to direct
Maybe Frank Grillo to star
Adaption but not too heavy on the NANOMACHINES

Metal Gear Solid is Die Hard mixed with conspiracy theories and robots. Like Die Hard, roughly 2 and a half hours long.
Exposition is told "in real time" via codec while Snake continues his mission. Which frees Snake up to kick people's ass while the story moves along at a brisk pace.
Snake - Josh Casaubon
Liquid/Miller - Jared Leto
Meryl - Ana de Armas
Otacon - Richard Ayoade
Col. Campbell - Martin Sheen
Gray Fox - Donnie Yen
Psycho Mantis - Doug Jones
Vulcan Raven - Dwane 'The Rock' Johnson
Sniper Wolf - Tara Strong
Decoy Octopus - Forest Whittaker
Revolver Ocelot - Willem Dafoe
Directed by John McTiernan