Opinions about Enter the Void

Opinions about Enter the Void

2deep4me

edgy teenage trash that's still pretty innovative and interesting to sit through.

gaspare noe can suck a fuckin log

all I remember is mumbling

I almost watched this while on shrooms
What a mistake that would have been.

It's amazing, the most unique and innovative movie since 2001: a space odyssey

I understand the hate though, and the end drags a little bit

it stops being good after the opening credits

watch more Sokurov.

interesting for about an hour then it drags on for another hour and a half

Very good as a tripping experience and while the message is pretty basic, the way he makes you experience that is pretty powerful.

This tends to be a bad excuse, but this movie is really meant to watch while on something though. The psychedelic aspects obviously pop out more, but also it makes the long length not much of a detriment to the film.

Fuuuuck I was so dissapointed when I realised this wasn't going to be used again in the film

the trailer was just misleading

bitch please

really disappointed when I learned the director only made it because he was inspired by drugs. The movie has more potential than that.
Unfortunately a moron made a semi-masterpiece.

This

It's really appropriate that one of the shots in the movie is a dick cumming at the screen, since Gaspar Noe's work is just a pretentious load of wank.

Too long, still good though.

Depressing. Jarring. Makes me glad I don't do drugs, or hang out in drug user circles anymore.

tumblr-core

>Depressing. Jarring. Makes me glad I don't do drugs, or hang out in drug user circles anymore.

It made me want to do hallucinogens. I don't know where the fuck to get them and I'm worried about psychosis so it probably won't happen.

Did you watch it? The scene you're talking about is in Love, I believe

The car crash scene is one of the most disturbing things i've ever seen

It's my favorite movie

He is a talented filmmaker design and cinematography-wise but when it comes to storytelling or actual artistic messages he is a total hack too. It's an interesting combination.
Basically he's a more arthouse Tarantino.

They're cool I guess.

I won't do LSD for a while again, I think Thompson puts it best

>That was the fatal flaw in Tim Leary's trip. He crashed around America selling "consciousness expansion" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously... All those pathetically eager acid freaks who thought they could buy Peace and Understanding for three bucks a hit. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole life-style that he helped create... a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the Acid Culture: the desperate assumption that somebody... or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's just not real.

Phenylates though, shit if I could get some more 2-cp I would be on that.

> I don't know where the fuck to get them

darknetmarkets

no, no. there was also a pov cumshot scene in enter the void.

shit.
another one of noe's DUDE SEX LMAO

did we really need a pov shot of the guy's dick cumming?

Loved it. The second hour drags like a motherfucker though. I also found the last shot supremely depressing. As in it put me in a really dark mood for a couple of days, which is rare for a movie to do to me.

i watched it high and couldnt feel anything for like a week.
Every time i think i want to watch it again my body rebels at the thought.

I'm still kinda upset he wasn't reincarnated as his sister's baby

Good but it should have been a half hour shorter. I'd rank it the second best Noe film afte I Stand Alone.

1. I stand alone
2. Enter the Void
3. Love
4. Irreversible

>says the same thing twice

You really have a problem with that don't you.

Did it give you confusing thoughts?

I'd swap 3 & 4 myself but I think that's mainly because I was certain Love was originally described as a "sexually explicit story about a love triangle between a man & two women".

I found irreversible more interesting because it was the only movie I've ever seen about rape which got more and more disturbing as time went on because you knew there was no catharsis coming.

But he was wasn't he?

DUDE GOD DOESN'T EXIST LMAO

*tips*

there are pov dick shots in both, but fun fact:

in Love, Gaspar himself is the one thrusting his dick in your face in 3D.

now that takes balls.

No that's his Mom he sees at the end.

I Stand Alone is one my favorite movies ever, but I never bothered to check this one out (or Love). I should do it some night.

How accurate was that DMT trip in the beginning?

Definitely check out Enter the Void. Beware though, it has even more of a bummer ending than I Stand Alone if you can believe it.

Utter pseudo-intellectual wank

NOTHING is ever an accurate way to describe a dmt trip. It's completely fucking alien.

I've only ever done acid, and visuals-wise i think what Oscar saw must have been along the right lines. But it was his reaction to it was what got me: he came out of the trip pretty exactly as he went in.

After doing acid, a notably weaker psychedelic, I felt changed, ponderous, reeling. Oscar, on the other hand, casually mentions just having tripped in passing to Alex. It seemed as though he was doing it to kill time, whereas it really is a climactic experience which would probably change your perspective on things for AT LEAST half a day.I felt like the potency of the drug was cheapened a bit by that.