Arrival

someone smart tell me please how pic related got the number of the chinese general and the dying words of his wife at a party that is only held as a result of her knowing this number and these dying words

time is a flat circle

The movie is just TO intelligent for you user, give it up

time isn't linear for them duh

Its called a bootstrap paradox. He rang her in the future and told her what she said. Her younger self knows everything she learns in her lifespan so the younger self was able to call the general and say this information she shouldnt know!

predestination paradox

Read watchmen, look at Dr.manhattan's powers.

You can't understand it because it breaks continuity according to how we perceive time. The film tells us the characters experience time differently than we do and that fact comes hand in hand with appearing to create a paradox. If you're trying to claim that the paradox is stupid or doesn't make any sense then you're not accepting what the film is telling you as truth and at that point why are you watching a sci fi in the first place?

I think the film gave a very good reason of how to justify the paradox

great movie desu

>Its called a bootstrap paradox
i looked upon it and i guess you are right. what a silly paradox and what lazy film making if you have to employ it, on par with a deus ex machina

It's possible to do it for real, but not in the way that abortion of a movie tried to depict it.

>movie out on cinema
>barely anyone discussing it here
>movie out on the internet
>suddenly ten threads a day

Why are you people so fucking poor

It's obviously a time loop but retarded fanboys deny the loop so I don't know how the retards explain that. It's a really poorly thought script

Fuck Hollywood

>TO

I get this meme :^)

it's not lazy. it's that time travel is an impossible conundrum but they still wanted to make a film about it

>disdain for plebs.jpeg

>loop
hello retard
having fun in the retard country where everyone is retarded?

>The film tells us the characters experience time differently than we do
yes
>that fact comes hand in hand with appearing to create a paradox
there is no need at all for that paradox to be there and does not follow naturally from their new time perceiving ability at all, thus the reason for it being there is to solve a mess vileneuve wrote himself in. i can see no other valid reason for employing a paradox that can not be solved because of its internal inconsistency

MOMMY AUGIAGUHAGUAHGUAGH!

fat pussy*

you're pleb if you get hung up on the sci fi shit in this film . that's not even the main part of the film. it's just about the importance of communication

>The people who understood and therefore enjoyed Arrival

except this is not a movie about time travel but about perceiving of events differently

I JUST WANT MILKIES

>the importance of communication
speaking abou tplebs i gather this is something that only an utter pleb would need to be reminded of. of course i am focusing on other matters

right but you were asking about the time travel part of it even though that's not what the film is about

see why you're a philistine?

Why even make a thread just for that post?
You could have easily googled your answer if you're so sub intelligent to figure it out on your own.

Or just make that post in other Arrival threads.

where did i ask about time travel you silly bugger? i am entitled to talk about my disdain for a paradox if it is this is so central to the plot

Me too

would not have made a topic if there was any info to be found via google

oh then your problem lies with not understanding the scientific premise, take it up with steven hawking then idk

>if there was any info to be found via google

Nigger since it came out every nerd site out there did an ARRIVAL EXPLAINED ARRIVAL FOR DUMMIES etc autistically going over all the plot points one by one
Just google "arrival explained"

It's non linear causality. The past did not cause they future nor the future the past. They just happened spontaneously at the same time.

what scientific premise? im not arguing for the falsity of any. im wondering why in a movie that is NOT about time travel suddenly a time travel paradox (the bootstrap one) is introduced and, worse, made absolutely vital to the plot

Because free will doesn't exist and everything is pre-written.

Reminder people that liked arrival are the same retards that think BvS is kino

the bootstrap paradox, I haven't seen the movie I'm just going off what I've read.

t. marvel autist

time is just another spatial dimension man, what's there not to get dude

It's just a plot hole and doesn't make sense. There is no answer, so don't bother looking for one.

But if you know the future, you can change it.

Tons of Trek episodes about entities experiencing things differently with time. The prophets seems to be the most similar here. They though didn't even have a concept of linear time, until explained.

>they do not perceive time as linear

aka x and y doesn't have to occur for z to happen

she's a great negotiator and had a premonition that he gave her the number so she called him

>ayys speak universal language
>they have different perception of time
>she learns the ayyspeak which changes her perception of time
>she perceives time differently and acts accordingly
if you think this is too hard to understand maybe you're just retarded

you cannot immediatly draw a conclusion about causality from a premise concerning time perception no, much less see both of your statements as identical. no matter how much sophistery you throw against it in your rebuttal

>>she perceives time differently and acts accordingly

THIS is exactly where the problem arises you insufferable dunce. i'm not asking you to tell me to organize the scenes of the movie in chronical order for me, for they already were. check your self before you make an ass of yourself

i spent 5 years living on debt and now i need to pay it back