When Rey grabs the lightsaber before Kylo, I literally got chills down my spine

When Rey grabs the lightsaber before Kylo, I literally got chills down my spine.

TFA was amazing. I never got any feeling like this during Rogue One.

I like TFA more than any of the prequels. If you don't like this movie, that's fine. However, I think it's an extremely well made film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ghHgrjT_Hfk
youtube.com/watch?v=kOn1lwM0gJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i personally love this film

People who hate TFA:
A) People who cling to the EU
B) People who cling to the prequels
C) People are who contrarian and don't like anything mainstream

Fair enough. You've got to be offensive if you want to provoke discussion here though, buddy.
I "cling" tto the prequels but also like TFA.

Get the fuck out reddit

you must have been born in the 90's no one else would hold an opinion so retarded.

89. I'm older than most people here.

87 here faggot and I kind of liked TFA but your post was awful

A)
B)
C)

what is that shit?

>I'm older than most people here.
No, you're not user.

how about people who like movies that maintain their internal logic? or have characters that make sense?

But the characters did make sense. Kylo, Rey, and Finn all had better character development than anyone in the prequels.

Being 30 years old on this website is not much to brag about

Reminder youtube.com/watch?v=ghHgrjT_Hfk

being better than the prequels doesn't make it a good movie, it was just a lazy copy of A New Hope that took exactly 0 risks and was really fucking boring.

>Being this new

Fucking kill yourself it was cliche as fuck and cringe. Rey fucking sucks.

D) People who have taste

Or people who like the originals and don't appreciate that TFA is both a empty blatant ripoff and also ruins the ending of Jedi

Yeah, that's fine. It's all subjective. Personally, I felt nothing when i watched TFA. It just felt like an empty lazy ripoff of the originals. The trailers for that crappy Star Wars MMO were more emotional than all of Episode 7.

So did the turd I just flushed but I'm not claiming that's a great movie

But it's not a ripoff. It's different. I've been watching the OT my whole life.

>ruins the ending of Jedi
This.
JJ fucked everything. nustarwars never stood a chance.

>every plot detail is the same as A New Hope/Empire Strikes Back
Don't make me list the hundreds of examples

It doesn't ruin the ending of Jedi. Luke still redeemed Vader and Vader killed the Emperor and the Rebels won the battle.

Every EU fan fiction involved a new threat. Did you expect everyone to sing kumbaya?

Why is an anonymous image board the only place that people speak openly against Disney raping Star Wars?

>But it's not a ripoff. It's different. I've been watching the OT my whole life.

I don't think you've been watching closely enough, then.

>droid crash lands on a desert planet, Tatooi-"Jaku" carrying secret plans given to him by a member of the Rebellion-sorry, "Resistance"
>they are followed by the Empire (First Order) and their dark lord of the sith, who slaughters people looking for the plans
>the droid is captured by scavengers, then saved by the protagonist
>the protagonist escapes the planet and the Empire on the Millennium Falcon, and meets Han Solo and Chewbacca
>the Empire is secretly constructing a giant planet-destroying superweapon
>this superweapon is used
>the hero learns about the force from a tiny, strangely-colored alien who talks in riddles
>the rebels discuss how to destroy it in a dark room standing around a holographic projection of the weapon
>it has a surprising, tiny weakness!
>so the heroes need to bypass the shield and destroy the shield generator
>father and son meet on a walkway over an abyss
>the mentor character is killed by the sith while the protagonist looks on in horror
>the shield generator is destroyed
>x-wings fly down a trench and blow the whole thing up

It's lazy as shit.

Throw backs. Everyone wanted a movie that felt like the OT, so that's what they did.

Similar plot devices =/= a direct copy

Characters are different. Story is different. The end of the film sets up a more unique story in the last jedi.

Only idiots with no understanding of filmmaking say it's a bland copy.

Mark Hamill is so great, are there any other actors that care so much about the movies they partake in?

Because only autistic faggots like us actually care.

>story is different

No it isn't. There are throw backs, there are similar plot devices, and then there are blatant, lazy copies.

Good job nigger, you can draw parallels to a movie that was designed to draw parallels. I bet you watched a youtube video to list them all.

>It doesn't ruin the ending of Jedi.
Obiwan and Yoda had the Galatic Reich as an excuse to become hermits. What excuse does Luke have? "boohoo my school was massacred too!" He's supposed to be better than the old school Jedi. Even Snoke fears him. It seems that fear is misplaced since Luke did nothing but cry on an isle.

There's a difference between drawing parallels and blatantly copying and older movie. This is the latter.

>I bet you watched a youtube video to list them all.

No, I've just seen the OT many times so these blatant ripoffs stood out to me immediately.

That's your argument? He's not even in the movie but for a few seconds and has no lines. You know nothing about what he's been doing.

See, people pull these arguments out their ass but they can't back them up.

It's not a blatant rip off you ignorant faggot.

I didn't expect Luke to be a pathetic fuckup , hiding on a fucking island because if he showed up earlier he would have overshadowed the terrible new characters. I didn't expect Han and Leia to be terrible divorce parents. I didn't expect Chewie to look way younger than he ever did in the classic trilogry. I didn't expect tatooine 2.0 or that worthless girl yoda or a super death star made by a weaker empire splinter group. Fuck this movie was complete garbage.

>. Everyone wanted a movie that felt like the OT,
That's what they told you to want faggot

My main issue with it was that it was just too damn similar to a new hope. Not just in basic plot lines, but also unnecessary callbacks. They got so bad that it just ruined the movie for me, and it's a pity, because apart from that the original bits (freezing blaster laser in mid air power, villain worries about being "seduced by the light side", good special effects, nice character designs - there was a great movie hiding under the constant A New Hope references and callbacks.

>too damn similar
shut the fuck up nigger

>You know nothing about what he's been doing.
His school has been dead for years and all he's been doing is talking to Le Force while waiting for Rey. It's not going to get much more interesting than that. Fuck you for ignoring all valid criticism. "the movie didn't tell you jack shit directly" OH THAT'S MY BAD NOT THEIRS? Rey is a clunky Mary Sue.

I made an exhaustive, autism-fueled list in this thread explaining why it's a blatant ripoff. Showing how events, ships. and settings are directly copied from the original. Do you have any argument against that other than "no it isn't"?

The only things about Episode 7 that were original are Rey, Finn, and Ben/Kylo Ren. Everything else is a lazy ripoff. And in a way that's encouraging, because it makes it easier for the director/writers of the next two movies to make something that isn't so lazy.

you shut up and put that disney cock back in your mouth

It wasn't a good movie, get over it. It wasn't passable.

Ah, this is what the internet is all about.

Let's not forget that the entire way the story is constructed is backwards with everything progressing through odd coincidence and happenstance

>everyone standing around the Death Star 3
>Han: "So how do we blow it up? There's always a way to blow these things up."

I get that Abrams probably thought it was just a cute little tongue-in-cheek thing, but all it did was call so much more attention to how lazy and cheap the movie was.

Neither Luke nor Rey are beyond saving as characters, though. The writers just need to come up with a reasonable explanation for Luke's behavior, and for Rey's insane power.

Hiro's cookie tracking out the board'w average age at 31.1, so no, you're not

I hate disney star wars but I don't feel the need to express myself like a fucking nigger.

What's the alternative? Was anyone really wanting the new Star Wars movie to capture the heart and spirit of "cats and dogs 2 the revenge of kitty galore"?

The mouse shill is back. Absolutely kill yourself you filthy fucking Disney fuck.

How about something new you stupid fuck?

This! The OP is such an obvious Disney shill

>original are Rey, Finn, and Ben/Kylo Ren.
So in other words, the three new main characters are original. You just proved to yourself that you're a moron.

As someone who is 32 and been here since 2008 it's actually terrifying to think there are people my age or older that are responsible for ruining this board.

>So in other words, the three new main characters are original.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

>You just proved to yourself that you're a moron.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. The characters are original, but they've been essentially "plugged in" to a story that's a blatant ripoff of the original. I don't know if you're familiar with fanfiction, but this kind of thing happens a lot in fanfics, and it's part of the reason why some people complain that Ep 7 feels like bad fanfiction.

You take 3 new characters, but then you have them go through the motions of a lazy plot that's just a cheap ripoff of 4, 5, and to a lesser extent 6. It's bizarre. It's the kind of thing I would expect from a teenager writing for fun, not professional writers working for a multibillion dollar corporation.

>Rey
>original
She's femme-Luke. The only thing she doesn't do is fly an x-wing at the end.

In a way, yeah. I wish they had focused more on what was original about the story, ie the race for a map to luke skywalker instead of starkiller base

wow, im technically an olderfag than you and I'm seven years younger.

what a horrible time we live in

And act well

It was literally epic when the light saver went into her hands proving she had the force.

I can't wait for her to kill dark kylo and dark snoke and prove that females are strong and powerful too

>Hey Sup Forums, remember STAR WARS?
>Don't forget about STAR WARS!
>Remember, keep STAR WARS in your consciousness at least three times a day! We still have more movies coming out!
This thread has been a paid message from your friends at Disney.

they are not my (((friends)))

>She's femme-Luke. The only thing she doesn't do is fly an x-wing at the end.

Luke is a whiny, incompetent brat, who needs to be saved virtually every time he tries to do anything.

>Obi-Wan saves him from sand people
>Then saves him in the bar
>Han flies them off planet
>Leia ends up rescuing him, which is hilarious because the rescue mission was Luke's idea
>R2 rescues all of them
>Obi-Wan sacrifices himself to save Luke, Luke has to be told to run instead of just standing their like a moron
>Han saves Luke at the end

The only competent things that Luke does are fly a starfighter, hit a target, and use a rope to swing over a chasm. Everything else, he fails at and needs help. For better or worse, Rey is much more competent, independent, and arrogant than Luke. Her whole personality is different too.

you flatter yourself too much if you legitimately think actual shilling is that commonplace on this website

Yeah it's great.

Prequels are a sad shitpile. Haven't seen Rogue One.

>Rey will never turn to the dark side and penetrate you with her "saber"

It's commonplace on Reddit. Why would Sup Forums be too different?

Sup Forums needs Rey bans

The prequel threads are better tbqh

plot made little sense

>tfa thread

shill?
Sheev?
>prequel prequel Rogue One Prequel
Prequel prequel prequel?
>Prequel
Rogue one?
Prequel rogue
>EU
Contrarian prequel rogue
One prequel contrarian
>shill
shill shill prequel rogue

heh

all I felt was anxiety during the movie. I kept expecting something grand but it never came.

>I kept expecting something grand but it never came.
try laxatives

can't wait until this fucking goblin queefs some force out of her vaj and it turns into sheev and shoots her in the head with a magnum light revolver

then star war can be a western youtube.com/watch?v=kOn1lwM0gJY

We got rey ban vision

I agree, there was an extreme sense of disappointment because nothing even approached the levels of Star Wars that I've come to expect. Even the prequels, for all their awfulness, had a few moments here and there that were incredible (usually involving 0 dialogue and a well-done bit of music by John Williams). But in 7? It just wasn't there, except maybe the scene where the X-Wings are flying over the lake.

When Rey finally gets Luke's lightsaber from Maz and she asks her, pleadingly "What must I do?" I legit got goosebumps. This was it. This was THE Star Wars moment, the encapsulation of the Star Wars spirit we so sorely missed during the prequels. After that point I can't even remember my thoughts--it was such a wild, crazy ride and I was with Rey, FN-247, Han Solo and Chewbacca for every second of it. Thank you, JJ, and thank you, Disney. For me, and for dreamers everywhere--old and young; white, black, and asian; gay, trans, or straight; tall and short, and Mexican--for all us dreamers, December 17, 2015 was a night to remember.

You have to understand one thing: For all the shit the prequels get, most of it is from people who didn't watch them when they came out, because they were too young. These are the people who missed out on both the original trilogy AND the prequels.

They copied the hate for the prequels to fit in with the jaded autists who are now in their 40s.

So for those people, it's their first star wars release that they are actively part of, so they HAVE to like it, it's like "shit, I wanna belong to this fandom, because I missed the two previous trains". So they blindly hype it, completely ignore all flaws. They're forcing themselves. And they'll defend this movie to the death. Every reviwer that uses phrases like "the first good star wars movie since 19xx" falls into the same category of youngsters who have no taste.

These people, from a subconscious fear of never really being part of this fandom, are now praising the movie to be the next coming of christ. Everyone who isn't still shitting their diapers and can actually judge the movie objectively will tell you: This one is the worst of the bunch.
Yes, worse than the prequels. It's like a chinese knockoff of star wars, bearing nothing that made the previous 6 movies charming (I say charming and not good, because they were both good at something, but not at the same thing". The only thing this has in common with star wars is the title. It's blatant nostalgia fanwank down to copying most of the plot from ANH, ripping off all major setpieces and shoehorning an "epic phrase" ála "i have a bad feeling about this" in the dialogue every 2-3 minutes.
Do me a favor and watch the prequels when you have the time again, just do it, and try to note how much they relied on recalling the original trilogy. It's not a lot. That's why the prequels, while having a different focus than the OT, succeed as a movie series. This movie does not.

I'm assuming this is Sup Forums bait, but I wish I could feel the same way you do about it. I felt nothing. And I fucking love Star Wars, to a degree that it's unhealthy. I've read objectively awful Star Wars EU novels, like the "Legacy of the Force" series, with my headphones on and John Williams' music playing, and gotten chills. And felt that same wonderful feeling I felt when I first saw the originals, and even certain parts of the prequels (I was born in '95 and saw the prequels as a kid, so I have some appreciation for them for nostalgia alone).

But 7? Absolutely nothing.

Kill yourself. That's all.

It's not a 10/10 film.

It's a solid, witty film that has a good sense of pace and excitement.

The New Hope parallels are unnecessary to an extent, and a lot of the characterization is relying on the sequels to determine everything.

It't s worse than Pluto Nash with Eddie Murphy.

Is it worse than Air Bud?

This is fact.

God can you TFA faggots get over it already with the constant whining

D) People who cling to the Original Trilogy aka Reddit Letter Media / plinkett fanboys who can't form their own opinion and instead get it from their favorite e-celebs who make funny voices and act retarded on the internet for everyone to see. (see the rogue one review where they dance around going shouting star wars buzzwords like thats the only reason the film was good)

I watched every prequel when it came out. I just watched all prequels this week. You are talking out your ass. I'm not a prequel hater, but they were extremely flawed. The TERRIBLE camera shots every bit of dialogue. Terrible character development. Terrible plot holes. They took most things that Yoda and Obi-Wan taught about the force and the Jedi in the OT, and then twisted it making it something completely different. You are clinging onto nostalgia. You can break down the prequels in every category, and the force awakens will beat it every time. Also you can't say that the prequels work well as a movie series and say that this one does not when only one has been released.

Well Red Letter Media gave TFA a good review, so they are not in the hater camp.

Nobody is saying it's a 10/10 movie. Why does everyone have to look at movies as completely garbage or completely kino? Nobody breaks things down anymore. They refuse to list things they dislike and things like.

>can catch a blaster bolt mid-air, fired from a blind spot
>can't catch a fucking lightsaber handle flying right infront of him
what

i personally REALLY loved this film

>look at me i'm a professional jedi instantly with no training and know more about the millennium falcon than han despite that fact that he's owned the damn thing for 40 years
It's SJW filth, totally retarded. Series is dead, good job libtards.

To me is simple:

If you grown on 70´s/80´s and you watched a lot the Original Trilogy, you will feel a bit scamed by Disney and The Force Awakens, because it feels like an auto-rip off. Is an OK movie, but feels forced.

If you grow up on 90´s/00´s, yeah, you will love TFA.

I'm not looking forward to a year of this meme.

Who clings to the prequels? I've honestly never met anyone that has liked those movies.

Actually, the older fans who liked the original movies and disliked the prequels like TFA.

>I'm older than most people here
Why are people on this site so fucking presumptuous?

It makes no difference that there is a black and female lead though. It's not in your face, therefore it's not SJW filth.

>better character development than anyone in the prequels.
You're going to have to stop jumping to bashing the prequels every time you defend TFA. Let it stand on its own feet. Having to constantly compare it to a standard that low isn't something to be proud of.

> Fans give The Force Awakens a free pass for sickening levels of fan service despite it taking place thirty years after Return of the Jedi and being a best hits collection of the Original Trilogy

> Fans complain about fan service in Rogue One despite the film taking place like an hour before A New Hope and introducing loads of new ideas

What does the time period of the saga matter? The idea of fan service is a 4th wall concept and has nothing to do with the film itself. The point is they both are the new star wars films and people react to things they remember from prior films.