FOX ON THE RUN

Why don't people like X-men?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLOMdddg11A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they're not that good, and there are more interesting characters than Xavier, Wolverine, Magneto, and Mystique.
Despite what Fox will tell you.

>X-men were some of my favorite comics growing up
>loved the cartoon
>have grown to hate these fucking Fox X movies

You want another Wolverine film?

They decided to make mystique the main/worst character

X-Men are boring.

X2 is one of the best 5 capeshit movies of all time.

I think people just didn't like Apocalypse.

I've rewatched it, and X2 doesn't age extraordinarily well. They kind of forget about all of the children that run away from the mansion which is the kind of story that I would be more interested in, and then there's the, "Have you tried not being a fagg- I mean, a mutant?"
It's still a really good early cape film, even by today's standards.
I saw Days of Future Past, and the only two redeeming scenes in that movie were watching Halle Berry get killed, and then the Quicksilver scene.
First Class was ass.
I didn't even see Apocalypse, looked embarrassingly terrible.

this. wtf were they thinking. jlaw is a terrible actress, her makeup looked like shit compared to the first mystique, and on top of that they made her character boring.

>jlaw is a terrible actress
I'd say that she's hit or miss, and that Mystique is the wrong kind of character for her to play, as well as having an awful script.
>awful make up
They changed makeup studios, I think, and then she got famous so she demanded less blue scenes (and shittier looking application).
>character boring
This is what bothers me. I never felt like the Mystique that we saw in the first three movies was the same one from the other movies. Like, she was Xavier's childhood friend? What? Didn't she almost kill him in the first movie?

Apocalypse IS embarrassingly terrible.

I quite enjoyed First Class & Days of Future Past however.

Days of future past was the GOAT X-men movie

First Class had its moments, but everything just felt awkward to me. Like, if they just used a different roster, I probably would have enjoyed it more. And they ruined Emma, one of the better X-Characters, only to immediately kill her offscreen.

>the GOAT X-men movie
Maybe one of those fainting goats that lock up when you make a loud noise.

>Like, if they just used a different roster,

Don't think they'd have enough time to cover anyone, so even if there was a more riveting roster, it wouldn't have mattered.
Agreed on Emma Frost. Offscreen killing and minimal dialogue characters are some of Fox's terrible X-men traits.

The problem is that it's really top heavy. Xavier, Mags, and Mystique are too popular, Beast is right where he should be, and Havok, Angel, Banshee, and Darwin shouldn't have even been in the film.
>Offscreen killing and minimal dialogue characters
It's what happens when you lack a cohesive vision for the overall film series. Say what you will about the MCU, but at least Feige has always had some kind of plan set up. Every time I watch one of these movies it feels like they're making up the canon as they go.

The first three X-Men films existed in a time when the only other good capeshit option was Spider-Man

Once capeshit movies starting becoming a dime a dozen they really didn't stand out anymore, Deadpool may be reddit as fuck but at least it tried something new, every X-Men movie is about human prejudice, charles vs eric, mystique, wolverine, a really bad guy that they have to team up against etc

I still think it's amazing how underutilized the X-men film franchise has been treated. Like, so many good characters and villains.
Where's the Shi'ar? The Morlocks? Any of the magical/demon shit that they regularly get into.
They've been making these movies for almost twenty years, and they have jack shit to show for it.

Only capeshit franchise I enjoy desu, I even liked Apocalypse

How are they going to continue it after Logan? I feel like Apocalypse marks the end of the Singer era and LOGAN is obviously the end of the Wolverine spin-off series too

Are they continuing the 1900's prequel stuff? Perhaps It's time for a soft sea-boot prequel sequel reboot

Because it feels like the same fucking movie EVERY time. Its like the team is always forming, Charles/Erik have a disagreement only to reconcile at the end, and public opinion of mutants doesnt change for better or worse

Rumors are next one is 1990's titled 'X-Men: Supernova'
start of the Dark Phoenix saga.

Also a spinoff:, Deadpool 2 and New Mutants.
New Mutants sounds interesting, non-main team and their misadventures.

I thought they were going to do something about Mister Sinister.

more like SJW-MEN

Frankly, Fox has needed a smaller/different stakes type of movie like New Mutants for years, so I'm glad that they're finally going that way.
They said that it's going to be Mirage, Magik, Cannonball, Sunspot, Wolfsbane, and Warlock and that Xavier will almost certainly be in it, and that they have some Demon Bear in it.
Really the best case scenario. Only major issue with it is if it completely ignores the Apocalypse lineup now that it's already formed.

i thought x-men was just watched by hipsters and dude with lesbian haircuts

They better get the group that did Deadpool's costuming for all future X-movies. Teenage Negasonic's uniform looked better than anything we've seen out of these movies before, and it looked like it could have been from the comics.

>Only major issue with it is if it completely ignores the Apocalypse lineup now that it's already formed.
Unless it's just s side story while the main group is on mission or didn't go after the bear because they thought it wasn't a big threat so a minor team could handle it.

Hell yes.

I like all of the xmen movies, even origins.

>or didn't go after the bear because they thought it wasn't a big threat so a minor team could handle it.
The Demon Bear is a specific mental/magical/spiritual problem for Mirage/Dani Moonstar because it killed her parents, and haunts her for a while. Naturally, her team will be the one to deal with it.

That sucks, Deadpool is fucking awful

>X2 is one of the best 5 capeshit movies of all time.
My nigger.

Disney's marketing against them

Magneto is a GOAT character, eat a dick faggot.

Holy shit they're going to fuck up the Phoenix saga all over again.

Not for five movies, he isn't.

First Class and DOFP were great. but they really dropped the ball with Apocalypse.

They'll probably do it better than the first time around, but yes, I expect them to still fuck it up.
I feel like Fox is trying to have all of their big pay-off events without any of the actual build up.

He was supposed to be the villain for Logan but James Mangold decided against it because Logan takes place in some alternate timeline.

It's not like the bar is set high, it was so fucking bad.

>I feel like Fox is trying to have all of their big pay-off events without any of the actual build up.

isn't that already like all the x-men movies?

just wonder how anyone cant take jlaw seriously after have her arsehole plastered all over the interwebs

I think that's actually part of the issue. She's pissed off that everyone saw her barely above average body, and now she is just making millions of dollars giving the bare minimum of acting ability.

X-Men could work in a Universal Horro kind of cinematic universe. They are basically The Avengers before team-ups are even a thing in superhero movies.

There are many reasons why I don't like the movies.

The biggest would be the production design stinks. The action scenes (with a few exceptions from x2, First Class and Days of Future Past) stink. The dialogue stinks, and the scripts generally stink.

Pretty much the only things I like are performances from Patrick Stewart (in each movie he's featured) McAvoy and Fassbender in First Class, Kelsey Grammer and Ellen Page in Last Stand, and pic related Brian Cox in X2.

Yeah, but it made truckloads of money. Don't underestimate the size of Reddit's audience.

There's only one good movie in the series. Magneto and Prof. X are the only good stuff too.

Deadpool wasnt reddit at all

How do you explain how it got reddit movie of the year award?

The Nightcrawler scene from X2 was bretty gud. In fact, I really liked Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler.

youtube.com/watch?v=uLOMdddg11A

Deadpool is Reddit: The Character.

>knowing this
back to reddít with you

No

just because the movie was cringe and the waypool shit was cringe doesn't mean deadpool is inherently reddit

you are fucking obsessed dude

>, and then there's the, "Have you tried not being a fagg- I mean, a mutant?"
I mean, think about when the movie came out dude. At least it was less shitty about GAYS = MUTANTS in the third movie but the subtext has always been there.

T-this isn't fucking real

She was still up-and-coming when First Class came out, and was contracted in for 3 movies. Otherwise she either would have walked after the first film or demanded Mcavoy and Assbender's salaries combined

Days of Future Past and First Class were the best X-Men films since X2.

By which I mean, the only good ones since X2

When they needed to send Wolverine back in time to unite Magneto and Prof x., why didn't they send him here?

Speaking of people who are terrible, why the fuck was Olivia Munn in X-Men? Or anything?

I thought being a mutant was about being black

Wait, what does happen to Emma Frost in First Class? Where do they say she died, or is it just assumed?

I like how Apocalypse made it so Halle Berrie is an Arab

> Movies try way too hard to be one shared universe, when only the original trilogy actually feel properly connected.
> Large cast of barely developed characters
> Power limits are never mentioned
> Wolverine heavy
> Villains are over-the-top or stale

Storm grew up in Cairo. Please don't talk about things you clearly know nothing about.

But in this movie you find out he was in the holocaust when he was a kid

Yea, the MCU knows how to put characters "on the bench" killing characters like fox does makes them throwaway. Their appearances end up like the cameos in rogue one. Just there to nod to the audience and not service the story or even BE a character. How hard would it have been to have another cell near magneto with emma asleep in it as a cameo? Then again.... that would have done so little. They just don't know how to be a franchise .

Emma Frost almost ruined First Class.

>Why don't people like X-men?- 66 posts and 11 image replies shown.

Disney smear campaign and not even memeing. The movies are ok, not worse than your average Marvel flick at all.

The fact that Deadpool was a hit and Logan is going to make bank so the Mouse will NEVER ever get those rights makes giddy inside

Storm grew up in Harlem

because "muh capeshit"

No one had a problem with the X Men movies until the 2010s, X3 was slightly mediore but still massively popular and so was Wolverine: Origins/The Wolverine but they were still generally well liked but now because of severe retardation and contrarianism people started saying they're shit movies just for the sake of it.

X3 was hated from the get go. They got a new director who's pretty much the boogieman to Xmen fans. Singer (who did X1 and 2, and director or produced all the new ones with Fassbender and Mcavoy) had his critics, but he wasn't hated the way the X3 director was.

Wolverine Origins I don't recall because I didn't see it when it came out, like the rest of the Western World

>People hate Apocalypse

It was weak I admit it but it had more fun moments than CW and BvS combined.

It felt like an X-Men comic, they had to setup shit so of course it was gonna feel weak.

Magneto's daughter arc and Mystique was totally unnecessary though.

It felt like I'm watching the same movie over and over this time with more CGI™

I hope the actor that takes over the Wolverine role after Huge Jackedman will be a proper manlet like Wolverine is supposed to be.
>tfw movies pandering to fags and trannies all over the place despite them being only a fraction of the population while manlets like me are not represented at all

IT ACTUALLY IS!

Magneto's daughter was good. They didn't spend that much time on it, just enough that you could emphasise with Eric and see that he had genuinely been trying to be good. And the scene where he takes the metal locket and fucks up everyone who killed his family was cool.

Agree the movie was meh overall, but that scene and that arc was good

this.

also when some """"critics""" say that the whole mutant thing which starts to show signs in pubertx is the allegory of homosexuality

>X2 is one of the best 5 capeshit movies of all time.
not really. probably just because of nostalgia.

also first two places is already owned by Shyamalan's movies, then Watchmen,1989 Batman and Deadpool

>X2
also that casting was shit too, for what I remember at least:
Rogue and Ice-man. Magneto is shitty too, too fucking old.

the fucking wolverine film in japan

>muh action
>wolverine goes and just slays married jap pussy
>more action

i hate movies

It's bec ause of apocalypse. First Class and Days of Future past are great, Future past less so (quiksilver was obviously added in the last minute as part of FOx's dick waving contest with marvel) but their good films that explore their ideas in a satisfying way, without become too bogged down or too heavy. Their blockbusters that still make you think, which is a hard mix to get down. First Class especially has some great imagery that demonstrates the hypocrisy of Magneto without laying it out there. It also adds flaws to Charles' character without stripping him of his heroism.

But Apocalypse is just fucking awful. I really thought we were finally going to get a film about the young X-Men coming together and saving the day but they might as well not have been in the film at all. The actress who played the Pheonix was godawful and fugly as hell to boot, her arc is super truncated and doesn't work unless you've seen the other films. Scott's entire arc is based on your investment of another character past films treated like a curtain. Kurt doesn't even have an arc and the film outright forgets ab out jubilee halfway through. The CG is also god awful. Despite being far more detailed, they don't even try integrating the characters with it half the time. Every frame of Psylocke looks like trash, though that's mostly because Olivia Munn is an awful actress.