You know what really surprised me? It wasn't meeting them

>you know what really surprised me? It wasn't meeting them.
>It was meeting you.

>it wasn't that surprising discovering the existence of extra terrestrial life and then conversing with it to learn the secret language of the universe
>meeting a frumpy looking redhead with emotional baggage was more exciting

Really jogged my noggin

but it's emotional. bitches love that shit.

agreed, worst part of the flick

There is no question that that is a cheesy ass line, no matter do you like the movie or not.

I even saw some normies rolling their eyes at this scene in the cinema.
It's just so jarring compared to the rest of the dialogue.

Well yeah, i'd rather fuck Amy Adams then a tentacle monster too.

>spend life looking outward
>find something worth a fuck nearby

To be fair, the movie mangled that pretty hard. Like everything else it did.

>not wanting to get prostate prodded and anally gaped by tentacle monsters

Lol get a load of this fag

the movie is about human beings, how how petty we are. Here we have aliens landing, them actually making contact with us, but people cannot work together. instead they nearly start a global war.

Amy Adams has been deeply touched by the events of the movie, but it's not the aliens she thinks about, but rather her child.

>they're not talking, they're bumping Bobby shmurder
Really makes you think

>frumpy looking
Do NOT speak that way about mommy!

What emotional baggage?

>the dumb radio internet guy is Alex Jones
>the soldiers that fuck everything up are supposed to be Sup Forums
really makes you think.

>finding love in a world you thought you were going to face alone for the rest of your life
Nigga that is more important than aliens

exactly, without someone to love everyone is alien

Not really tbqh w/ u famalam

that's because you're a normie

>implying Sup Forums is capable of executing an infiltration scheme on this scale
Nah they'd just sit at home and post about how the aliens are actually jews

>without someone to love everyone is alien
how fucking cheesy. a waste of digits to be quite honest

nice numbers

nice post

Nuoh my god.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THOSE ALIEN NUMBERS

literally crying bros

Intergalactic checked

>lets make a baby

>you want to make a baby?

mfw they actually put that line in the movie

it was a fucking pickup line dude, this is why you have no gf

i feel like i should reply to this post, so you can get repeating digits in the past.

exactly what i'd say if i wanted a babby

Why would he phrase it like that? Did he also know the future? Was that his pickup line with her? Would that work in a bar?

>frumpy looking redhead
I sincerely wish pain and pestilence upon yoru diseased body

Dumbass. What you actually say is "oh no yeah I'm totally wearing a condom"

Dumb fucks, he said it in the future.

babbys first babby

i think
>oh no yeah i'm totally on birth control
happens way more often tbqhwy

Look you guys are fucking retarded. This movie isn't about "aliens" It's about the fucking Chinese.

Wow what a strange language you mean they are an exotic race who communicate using pictograms unrelated to their spoken language?
Wow you mean their language has a strange nonlinear conception of time?
Wow you mean General Sheng enounters the "aliens" with the rest of humanity but they are able to play a fucking game of mahjong? Wouldn't you need to have pretty advanced communication to explain those rules?

It's only assumed that the Chinese taught the "aliens" to play mahjong. And they never even tell you who won the game. You know why? The Heptapods are actually Asians. From the future. Sent to ensure their own survival.

There's no fucking proof that the Heptapods even exist. They are just the final stage of the evolution of the Chinese people.

There's a phrase in ancient China; wansui. It literally means 10,000 years. The Chinese people have told themselves since the beginning of their society that they will live for 10,000 years. This is not arrogance. This is just them stating facts. The Chinese people KNOW this is what will happen because they have seen the future and they are not bounded by our linear system of time.

It's so fucking obvious but you people are fucking morons.

>writing things in circles makes you able to see the future
>the "love transcends spacetime" thing again

bravo, nolan does it again

Don't know about that unless the guy has money. Who wants to be a single mom?

i enjoyed both of this things

>you made quick work of those insurgent video tapes
>you made quick work of those insurgents

They found employment for the insurgents in a short amount of time?

>she translated a jihad video once
>samuel jackson thinks that means she can instantly translate alien noise with no frame of reference

you've never met people in the military

You're a big alien

lots of women actually want that

chinese people already look like aliens, and their diet consists mainly of living squids. i guess it's not a farfetched scenario.

Are you saying he was able to time travel into the future to tell her that line, but he really time traveled into the present moment and the movie was actually the past?

To be honest with all the cheesy lines going around the movie did mess me up tho sempais. All the tripping she had imagining that past life and whatever was going on.

And the ost during the first part of the movie when they were first going up the alien ship was really hunting.

The movie deserves all the praise hands down. At the moment pirating Sicario and Prisoners from the same director, he looks based.

>it's another Sup Forums autist with no gf gets trigged by the mention of love in a sci-fi movie episode
Getting tired of these desu

About to watch prisoners and fucking sicario for the first time.

im so jelly

BUCKLE UP

No you cunt, she was having flash-forwards the whole time, he is the future father of the future child that will die and she had a flash-forward to him saying it in the future! Reeeeeeee

Yeah I recently finished The Enemy from him as well. Really good stuff.

But if that stuff didn't happen yet then how did the aliens know that she called the general and made everyone work together? Did the aliens travel forward in time?

Prisoners is really great, Sicario is a masterpiece of the genre

So why did they divorce in the future again?

[autistic screeching]

She tells him the kid is doomed, he cant handle it, exactly as she remembers. It has will have already happened.

Wang pls

they would be Japanese now if we didn't save their asses

So there is no free will.

It's a movie about linguistic determinism becoming tied into temporal determinism coupled with the ability to experience events in your life out of order. Figure it out.

She "chose" to have the baby because she loved her daughter. To be fair, is not a choice at all, she would have always chosen to have her, even with the premature death. So no, appearance of free will but no free will. The future is deterministic (already happen in one way only) in that universe.

Her future dead kid

>"All warfare is based on deception."
-Sun Tzu

No

is about love, when you fall in love with someone they become the most important thing in your life

Yes, she will have did already made will make the choice. Whether the choice was past or future makes no difference, a choice was will be made

Why did she not try to find a cure for her daughter?

Fuck you

there was no cure, it was "unstoppable".

Biggest disappointment since Interstellar

pls elaborate so we can laugh at you

dude it was so deep if you think about it man

your memeing is highly valued and appreciated

Right so I understood the flash forwards and that her kid was the scientists and she made the decision in the past for her daughter to be born just to die anyway because she saw it all and all that shit.

But somebody please explain to me how learning a language made her see into the future?

I know the consequences but we are human y'know man it's like we do it for free but we love eachother man that's life man hey guess what i told ya but guess what I'll see ya in 3000 years bro!

>How do the guns work?
>Why is the axe handle curved?

when you immerse yourself into a language it rewires your brain

how the fuck did you see someone roll their eyes in a dark theatre

GOID I FUCKING AH TE NTHIS BOARD

>she gets picked up alone by aliens
>after some time hey release her and she's behaving unusually
>all the soldiers pass by her and no one seems to suspect her being brainwashed or something and just let her back into the best

don't ask questions user

just praise it like the rest of us before people start asking questions about us

>into the base*

>all the soldiers pass by her and no one seems to suspect her being brainwashed or something and just let her back into the best

sounds like the military to me

>she's invited into the alien's room
>alien ejaculates something
>looks like she's orgasming
>she becomes pregnant
>she says to her daughter that she's special
>she admits something to ian, so he gets angry and leaves

wait a sec...

and this is why you're a virgin

>But somebody please explain to me how learning a language made her see into the future?

It's all based around a hypothesis in linguistic determinism which states the language you speak and think in determines the ways in which your brain works fundamentally, and that becoming immersed enough into a foreign language can essentially reprogram your brain to think in different ways. So it goes something like this:

>Human language is linear, humans think and experience everything in a linear fashion
>Squid language is nonlinear, squids think and experience everything in a nonlinear fashion
>Human starts to learn squid language and allows self to become deeply immersed in it
>Squid language slowly allows human's brain to process things in nonlinear ways
>Turns out time isn't necessarily linear, and now the human can experience time in a nonlinear manner because her brain isn't shackled by the trappings of her native linear language

This is literally all explained in the movie and you should feel bad for not paying attention.

>a bunch of retarded soldiers are put on guard duty on possibly the most important location to ever been guarded
>somehow manage to put explosives up the alien ship without anyone noticing
All the retarded shit that happen in this movie don't even make me feel like commenting about it.

you expect way too much from the military

Honestly they didn't even have a checkpoint or cameras around the entrance or anything. They literally just left it unguarded for 17 hours a day for anyone to drive up to and do whatever they wanted.

Plus how were they allowed on the internet to watch Alex Jones if they weren't even allowed to call their families on cell phones?

That still makes no sense? The future is the future, how would you be able to "think" about things that are going to happen?

its only the future in a linear timeline

She's experiencing her entire lifetime at once is the way I understand it.

Right so teaching the brain to not think linearly still allows humans to know everything that's going to happen? They don't really correlate

it's science-fiction. linguistic relativity is a neat concept, but the movie went full retard.

its not about thinking. she experienced her timeline non linearly

Why couldn't Hawkeye know the future? He was there just as long as Mom looking at the jackson pollock fart language

Also, if everyone learnt the language, everyone would know he outcome of literally everything in life?

Well maybe the movie states that time itself is non-linear, we only perceive it (with our brains) and our lives to be linear from beginning to end. When her brain changes, she can fully perceive time for what it really is. She can see her entire life laid out from beginning to end, or "move around" to see/experience different parts of it, using her brain.

yeah