Still made the World Series before you guys

mfw Yankees get cucked by Houston

Why are Mets fans so obsessed? You're honestly even worse than the Red Sox
At least it makes sense that they are rivals with the Yankees
Yankees and Mets hardly even play each other

fuckin Bobo

I can't root for doy angeles

BASEBALL FUCKING SUCKS

do you hate the yankees as much as we hate the cubs?

i can't imagine how you can't(probably mucn much more) they've won 5 WSs, beat you in a fucking crosstown WS, and the mets havnt won since most of us have been alive. at least both the sox and cubs are even this century.

Yes but it's even worse because the yankees literally never finish with a losing record. So they're never bad and their fairweather fans that don't actually know baseball ironically never go away for that long because the weather is never fair

the weather is always fair I mean

I fucking hate the Yankees, but it’s light. I don’t want them to win another World Series. At least we dispatched their rivals at one point

What a loser.

One word. Jealousy. We have a culture of winning and their team comes up with memes of making more money like turning citifield into a golf course in the off season.

Fuck off. We don’t hate you for that. We hate how fucking pretentious you get over those 27 rings yet you were alive for maybe 6. Us mets fans barely get to see our team in the postseason and have won ONCE with a 100 Win team.

6 WS vs. 1 winning season is still reason enough to be pretentious desu

>pretentious

We're not pretending to be great, we are great. Deal with it.

>We are great

Okay. So because of the 90’s and when the MLB was practically devoid of competition in the early days gives you reason to say your number one? Nobody gives a damn about those 27 rings.

How is it our fault if you suck 95% of the time and we rightfully give you shit for it, you do the same when we choke

6 WS is still more than enough to justify their smug over Mest

t. non-jew yorker

Because you parade around the entire city claiming it’s yours and everyone buys those fucking yankee hats and claims their a fan. And I despise those who flip flop between both.

But that one World Series is better because of Buckner. The Yankees ones are forgettable.

What does that have to do with the yanks? News flash, we don't like bandwagon fags as well.

You need to place your anger and jealousy squarely at your met owners who squeeze everything out of you guys and put out that garbage year in and year out.

For me it's more how they talk about rebuilding when a lot of their fans have never experienced a losing season. Yak fans don't understand rebuilding. Rebuilding is ugly and doesn't always work because for almost every other team it involves tearing everything down and who knows what it's going to look like when you build it back up.
Yak fans don't understand this because they never experience it unless they can remember the late 80s/early 90s when baseball was different anyway.

If our fanbase could speak English or not be a bunch of Jews, we could get it done. I’m sick of this up and down crap. I’m sick of the team signing a contract for a cuban that will be remembered more for a silly armband then his obvious blunder in game one. I’m sick of a bullpen that’s so faulty that our closet blew 3 fucking games with the help of lost players. I’m sick of the owners being cheap bastards, making alderson stay and ruining the team rather then build for a healthy future. And I’m sick of the pitching staff having glass arms, and having ones career fucked because he couldn’t piss at all.

It’s a process that hurts. If we won in 2007, what would’ve happened? What if they didn’t lose to yadi in 2006 and went to face the tigers? What if they didn’t choke in 2008? There’s so many what ifs in this franchise that If they happened, we’d have more rings and flags rather then having to bring up 1986 every time.

Dude, those titles came in the ages of Mack, Cobb, Hornsby, Musial, Gehringer, Foxx, Ott, Williams, Greenberg, Robinson and so many others, when literally all of baseball's most legendary players played; I wouldn't call that no competition, and the '90's was probably one of the hardest eras of baseball to play in.

That's because the Mets haven't won enough World Series to forget about

This desu

I just hate the Yankees because of Roid Rage Clemens throwing a ball and a bat at Mike Piazza.

Also most Yankee fans are douchebags. There is a reason why Yankee stadiums get the least rival fans to show up.

What causes people from New York to root for the Mets or the Yankees? What is it that influences you to be a fan of one team over the other? Same thing applies to Giants/Jets or Rangers/Islanders.

Chicago fans could answer too I guess, but I presume thats more of a north side/south side thing.

It's mostly a borough/who you saw first on the television when you were young type thing, or people root for the Yankees because of the rings or the Mets because they're not the Yankees

Mets fans are children/grandchildren of former Brooklyn Dodger/New York Giant fans, who hated each other but both hated the yankees as well. The Yankees played a gorillion world series against those teams

Bronx-Yankees, Queens-Mets, also I've noticed that Cubans/Dominicans/Puerto Ricans are usually Yankees fans and a lot of Jews seem to be Mets fans. It's often also a family thing, you go with whoever your dad was a fan of.

>tfw Yankees/Giants