ITT: Underrated Horror Kino

ITT: Underrated Horror Kino

it was bland and boring imo

I liked It Follows but it's not really underrated

>Based Nuke scene in movie history

Shia pls go, your parole officer wants a word with you.

Disturbia was good for a highschool audience, rewatching that shit 4 years later it just did not stand the test of time. Cool concept though. It just wasn't scary.

Lights Out

I admit I haven't watched it since high school but I always liked this movie

no, it was rated right for what is was bc it was rip off of this masterpiece

>underrated
>good
this is neither

? ? ? ? ?

It's adored by critics and audiences (even though it's shit).

Actually overrated as fuck

All style absolutely no substance

oh ok

is this the walking upside down under france in the labyrinths then awaken evil spirit that kills all your friends movie? it's pretty shit bro. when you're in those types of situations you literally couldn't care less about videotaping when you're trying to survive.

EDT is essentially a Jap Argento film.

I reckon The Houses October Built was pretty underrated and kino

While it was an overall really shitty movie, particularly when compared to 28 Days Later, it's handling of the abject failure of American / NATO forces to contain the second outbreak in London was exceptionally done.

This is how a zombie epidemic would go down - everything and everyone shits the bed real quick.

My pick is this. It's not very scary but it's a super comfy Halloween movie.

I wanted to kill myself watching that movie. A massive chunk of it is just fucking retards talking about nothing. I hate found footage man.

I loved the premise of HOB even though I don't like found footage. It was the only found footage I liked. I rewatched it the other day and had forgotten how much of it is pretty dry talking about stuff but I do think it was underrated

I hear you there. The only FF films I've actually ever liked is Man Bites Dog and Troll Hunter, and TH isn't even horror.

Gets better every time I watch it

Also highly recommend Blood and the Black Lace for a kino 60's slasher film that has a lot of great visuals

That's actually got a lot of critically acclaimed.

Also I'm still wondering if the sequel is going to be made.

I liked the idea and the style of it but it was a decade past the point where people stopped tolerating shaky-handheld "found footage" films, and the acting was really, REALLY bad.