Was this the worst mlb playoffs in recent memory? Literally the four biggest markets facing off...

Was this the worst mlb playoffs in recent memory? Literally the four biggest markets facing off. Not a single good storyline to root for. Not a cubs fan by any stretch but seeing them end the drought was heartwarming to people even outside chicago

Ill always root for small market teams. Cities are liberal cancer

>Not a single good storyline
Submit better scripts to the league office, then

Do people have a fixed team that they always root for in American sports culture?

Yes but when they’re eliminated they still watch. This playoff has been horrible and boring if youre not from la or houston/jew york

Cities are trash. Only libcucks like them. Pirates are my team and im originally from san antonio

>Only small cities can be good meme
Stay assblasted

Awww upset you didn't get the first post?

>Astros
>Hurricane Harvey
>absolutely terrible from 2009-2014 and finally a contending team
>bad storyline
Assblasted >rags fag detected.

>hurricane harvey
Nobody gives a fuck

based Austrian

>seeing them end the drought was heartwarming to people even outside chicago
no it wasn't

What wrong with LA vs NY? Sounds like a lot of memes to be made

small market teams play in cities too

>two biggest payrolls
Boring

Pretty big difference in new york and Pittsburgh

I'm not that guy.

>no good storylines
Dude, the Yankees are literally the Indians from Major League in this postseason. Practically reposting from /mlb/, but still. The Yankees have
>at least two Pedro Cerranos, arguably more, the whole team even
>two Rick Vaughns on both the starting rotation and the bullpen
>a sort of Willie Mays Hayes in Gardner/Headley
>an Eddie Harris without the boogers (CC)
>a Jake Taylor without the injuries but just as inconsistent
>were written off completely at the beginning of the season because everyone actually good is supposed to come next year
>defied the expectations of literally everyone by getting as far as they did
>ironically chased down the Indians and won the deciding playoff game with both homer and clutch grit heroics
And they're facing a far more formidable team that led the major leagues in 10 offensive categories, with Altuve as Haywood and Verlander as the Duke, and it's going to a one game playoff once again. We'll see if the Yankees can get that Major League-type finale again tomorrow, with no home ballpark to cheer them on.

You’ve clearly never watched the movie

I have, thank you very much

>lovable losers who improbably go from worst to first
Literally the opposite of the yankees

>lovable losers who improbably go from worst to first
Literally the 2017 Yankees, expected to finish last in their division this year, finished second to last last year, fought hard and barely hung on for a one game playoff (wild card) which they won, went down 2-0 to the Indians and were expected to be swept, fought all the way back and won the one game playoff, went down 2-0 to the Astros, were expected to be swept/beaten in 5, have clawed back to yet another one game playoff tomorrow, they've played the plot of the movie 2 times already, will be 3 if they win tomorrow

>tfw dodgers fan living in houston
this has probably been the best playoffs ive ever seen

>Literally the four biggest markets facing off.
imagine thinking this is what makes a postseason good lol. according to you tampa bay-milwaukee would be a good world series

>expected to finish last in their division this year
Nobody thought that. Everyone expected sox to win and they did. Everyone expected yanks to be ~80-85 win team. They slightly exceeded that. Just because the indians choked doesnt make the yankees lovable losers. Youre fucking delusional

>Not a single good storyline to root for.
kershaw's redemption arc, you dingus

Is everyone in jew york this delusional?

shut up everyone hates you

Yes

Yeah, and that record's good for 4th place in the division, it's not last but it's pretty damn low, and it might as well be last for a team that was so dominant in the last century, and yes it does, they had the most losses compared to every other team in the playoffs but have somehow survived, and I don't know what baseball you've been watching but most people find the Yankees players themselves, especially Judge, to be pretty likeable. And I've already explained all the other connections
Not an argument

>kershaw
>verlander

2 triple crowns, 2 MVPs, cy youngs in what is one of their best chances to add a WS ring to their near complete collections.

astros v dodgers will be awesome, but new york and their faggot meme stadium are trying their hardest to ruin this WS. I really wish their team plane had crashed on the way to houston, fuck that team.

>win 5 more games than expected
>omg guys just like major league!!!
Jesus Christ

>the winningest team in sports history are somehow lovable losers
Wew lad

Hey pal. They were under .500 in 92. And now theyre in the playoffs! What a surprise twist!

>expected to finish terribly in their division
>managed to clinch a one game playoff at the end of the season and won
>expected to finish terribly in the ALDS
>managed to clinch a one game playoff at the end and won
Yes, just like Major League
Yes, in this postseason, as of right now, they have the worst regular season record. They are right now the lovable losers against far more formidable teams. "Loser" is contextual you know. No arguments all around

He's pitching like shit

Not in his latest outing, he's learning

When Cleveland lost I felt like it sucked the life out of the playoffs, which was on my made worse by the Nats losing. I'm still rooting for the dodgers cuz it's my home team, but damn, stankees literally ruined the whole ACLS

slowest learner ever

what about smaller teams in big cities? like >my mets?

in brazil do they bandwagon whatever the hot team is?

dont tell me how im feeling

>t. antisocial autist
we don't want you or your neckbeard

Really entertaining post-season so far.

>Two great wild card games.
>Heartbreaking "meme" game (Nationals game 5)
>Heartbreaking blown series leads (Indians, maybe Astros)
>Kershaw redemption story (still in progress).
>Great performances from Verlander, Altuve, and Justin Turner.

Hopefully today's game will be a soul crusher for one of the teams. I want Game 6, 2011, Bartman level shit.

What guy are you then?

This.
Astros are the only good guys left. I would be more than happy to see Verlander, Altuve, Springer and Maybin get rings.

>and I'm an Angels fan

I think everyone on /sp will agree with me when i say..
>LMOA FUCK BOREBALL XD

As a Mariners fan it has been great to have another postseason where stars of one team are former Mariners we traded for nothing.

*kneels*

This guy's retardation is off the charts

>2011
>Bartman

What's up

The guy who was curious about how Americans behave with no malice behind his post?

No. People generally pick one team and stick with them. Also ideally it's a team from your place.

The Yankees and Astros both pulled off impressively quick rebuilds and the Dodgers are the obvious villains, being the highest-paid sports team in the world.

>rags were one strike away twice
>asstros one-up them and get one strike away three times

would be glorious

>doyers making the eries
>kershaw exorcising playoff demons
>altuve making houston and manlets great again
>cusb getting BTFO
>oldlander getting it done
>yankees game 7

what are you watching bro

I would say most Americans either have a team that they root for, or when the playoffs come and people start paying attention they might root for another team with players they like.

>t. Flyover states

>Not a single good storyline to root for.

>Astros gonna win the World Series after Houston being assblasted by Harvey
>Will take out the two biggest Mexican fan bases in baseball to do it
Literally for America

Yes, if the Yankees get knocked out I won’t watch a single World Series game

>heartwarming
it was disgusting. you realize that cubs fans drove an innocent man into hiding for the rest of his life because he was the unlucky one of 6 people trying to catch a foul ball. they should have had to wait another 100 years before even making it to a world series, in which they should have suffered a devastating loss by a rally from their opponent in the 9th inning of game 7.

What team doesn't play in a city? Pittsburgh is a city also dumbass

Angels

>a sort of Willie Mays Hayes in Gardner/Headley
You're an absolute moron.

>anacrime
lol, theres a homeless encampment right next to Angel Stadium

>Astros fans
>Not spic central

Lmao what?

Hickory Crawdads

>Not a cubs fan by any stretch but seeing them end the drought was heartwarming to people even outside chicago

Not a baseball fan at all. Bores me out of my mind. Was fun playing when I was young, but watching, just fucking kill me.

But I watched last year's series, only because one of my best friend's grandma loved the Cubs, and every time we'd be at his house in the summer, she had a game on. She's hoot and holler and jump up, and when she wasn't watching the Cubs, she was making us cookies, even into high school.

So I watched and cheered the Cubs on because I knew she was hooting and hollering in Heaven.

This. With background hope that LA sweeps Houston.

>Was this the worst mlb playoffs in recent memory?
No.