English will not be an official EU language after Brexit, says senior MEP

English will not be an official EU language after Brexit, says senior MEP

>Being this mad

www.politico.eu/article/english-will-not-be-an-official-eu-language-after-brexit-senior-mep/

When will Arabic be added?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n730FWycrTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oy vey, don't forget Hebrew.

What will they make it, arabic?

Hah THATL SHOW EM

I'm sure this is definitely a union of which Scotland would be a valued member.

:^)

>the world language will not be an official EU language

poor ireland

Makes no sense because some EU nations have English as an official language like Ireland or Malta.

They'll have to keep English anyway, because America, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand all use it; even the Japanese learn English in high school. This is an Anglo world.

Well the EU is all but irrelevant at this point, so who cares?

>they will no longer speak the world's lingua franca
kek, the EU can kiss their trade deals goodbye

They speak Gaelic you colonial prick

youtube.com/watch?v=n730FWycrTY

>EU confirmed butthurt

Is the EU desperately trying to be some fag friendly modern equivalent to the USSR? This should be a lulzy fucking few decades.

Not only that but English was only proposed as a language there by the Irish. The UK government was so europhile they didn't even care if English was recognised.

Honestly can't tell if this is bait, or a retarded MUH HERITAGE nigger who doesn't know shit

every nation has 1 official language slot

ireland and malta used theirs on some obscure gay languages because english was already covered by the UK

they'll probably sort it out but it's still amusing. i guess either gaelic or maltese will lose its status.

>international organization
>not using the standard international business language
Alot more people are going to leave no matter what they choose to make it.

>implying anyone believes they weren't planning to ban English sooner or later anyway

Frankly I'm surprised Obama hasn't tried to ban it over here yet.

I want them to do this and see where it get's them.

>tfw nobody actually speaks Irish
>tfw only people who 'speak Irish' are people in living gaelteacts for gibmedats

>can't tell if this is bait

If I move there can I get gibmedats for knowing Gaelic?

I don't think anyone read the item through.

Ireland probably will nominate English as the language. Fuck knows the Irish curriculum in schools is fucked up enough. There are more people speaking Polish than Irish in the Republic, for fuck sake.

No, fuck off yank. They don't get too much gimmedats, it's mostly for a point based entry into university that students get additional points for doing their exams through Irish.

Plastic Paddies are pathetic and ignorant.

A bunch of children throwing a temper tantrum

Lol we won't even speak english anymore >:(

Can't believe this. Time to #RepealBrexit.

You get comfy grants for houses too lad.

Getting into college on reduced points is piss as well I was approved for DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) for some obscure learning disability.
Got a free laptop for secondary school too.

Deutsch lernen, Kameraden!

Yea my mate got DARE too because he was deaf after shooting his father shotgun by age 16, the twat.

Comfy housing grants offset by shitty nationwide broadband. My folks at home are still on 50kb/s download "broadband"

>When will Arabic be added?

When London secedes.

I get a nice 1.3mb/s and will be getting upgrade late this year assume Eir (renamed Eircom) stays on schedule.

RIP EU global relevance

Swedish official eu language when?
i love that language

>International Language of Commerce
>Not used by the EU

Sounds about right.

>Forgets Ireland speaks English

Thats pretty insulting to the potato wogs desu. Irexit when?

IT'S ALL FALLING APART DUTCHBRO

That's what the coup government of Ukraine did when they banned Russian as an official language followed by calling them Subhumans and then burning over 30 Russians to death in an Odessa opera house. It directly led to the uprising in the Donbass region.

deutsch habe ich gelernt und ich habe es bereut. es ist grausam jemandem zu empfehlen deutsch zu lernen. das geht zu weit.

English is spoken in Malta which is an EU member

lol they'll all now learn basque in brussels out of spite, i suppose?

>Odessa opera house
I am a retard and missed this part. Please explain/tldr.

Makes no sense
English is the lingua franca of our times
>Bulgarian
>Czech
>Lithuanian
>fucking Maltese
>all of these official languages and not English when Republic of Ireland is still a member and their official Language is English

Trashed

The shilling for scaring other EU nations from GTFO of the EU is getting dumber and dumber, it's almost like they're catching at straws

Why is the EU still trying to talk to Britain? It's over, you can go. Write your press releases in whatever language you want and fax them to some country where they give a fuck