Is Australia closer to British or American culture?

Is Australia closer to British or American culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YzzCIgfowFk
youtube.com/watch?v=dyjYveL14Lg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Almost 50-50 of both
Very easy to find an Australian that hates everything about America and it's influence.

>american culture

australia is more like the UK
as canada is more like the USA

Hey, there isn't a huge chunk of America that doesn't speak Eng....actually, never mind.

Australian hate American?
I didn't know that.

Australian can recognize American at first sight?

>as canada is more like the USA
its more like china and india you dim-witted cunt leaf

What the fuck even is Australian culture?

They're desert brits except they don't drink tea

It's closer to Chinese nowadays

australia vs canada punjabi songs

>le mebourne is not australia
>le unaustralian city poofs
>cities are shit

Chinese culture is closer to American culture than Australia culture is closer to Chinese culture. They're both ruthless capitalist rat races with limited regard for the individual. Australian society is very, very different from mainland China.

I hear the only real Australians live north of Brisbane you poof

1. no, we aren't.
2. we drink tea.

>They're both ruthless capitalist rat races with limited regard for the individual.
American culture prizes the individual and small family units above all else, that's arguably our biggest problem as well as one of our greatest strengths.

So many Aussies here larp and call themselves brits even though they don't even know any living relatives in the UK.

I think different places with in a country have different socio-economics and different cultures.

about the same unfortunately
rural aussies definitely have a lot in common with rural yanks

Cairns has a higher Asian population density than Melbourne, which is pretty much the only decent cunt between briz vegas and the far north.

>American culture prizes the individual and small family units above all else
No it doesn't, or else you'd have services like universal healthcare.

>So many Aussies here larp and call themselves brits
Not seeing it.

My family moved here in the 1800s but we still stay in contact with our relatives in England
AMA

Looks pretty American to me.

Aistralians want to nuke America me too.

Ever been to /brit/ general?

>/brit/
>so many
No, mate. That cancerous little group of normalfags don't represent Sup Forums in the slightest. They aren't larping, they're merely throwing around phrases, trying to fit in.

This is really true but they will never admit it because they think they are the "true aussies".

The whole stereotype of aussies all living in the dessert and drinking a lot is a pop culture creation that people like paul hogan created.

British.

wonder if Australian would've developed a real culture if crocodile dundee was never made

yes, they are scum
not your city fucking faggotry

we had a real culture, that croc dundee shit is an exploitative fuckheads sales pitch - that is the american influence
they need to make a shekel out of everything

AC/DC is from Melbourne.
Midnight oil is from Sydney.

acca had an irish man and PG is a hypocrite

Paul Hogan is from Sydney.

There used to be an image of him as crocodile dundee that the country people shared to say what a true aussie is.

I started to point out that he is a performer from Sydney playing dress up and the picture stopped being posted.

Drinking tea right now mate

>.com.au on one door
>non-North American phone numbers

Still considered an Aussie band and still loved in rural Australia.

Ah then closer to Britain it is.

traditionally more British but i feel its becoming more and more like America

>still loved in rural Australia
listen to stan coster, he's pretty much the only fella that sings about aus culture honestly

British easily

we're not that American at all

>No it doesn't, or else you'd have services like universal healthcare.
Try to think for a second. Why would a culture that prizes the individual give two shits about universal healthcare for all?

I will give him a listen.

AC/DC were Freo boys m8

literally no one does this, calling yourself English is a point of shame here
I have mates that will get extremely angry if you point out they were born in England

I think that's just bon scott and freemantle is right near melbourne anyway.

>I have mates that will get extremely angry if you point out they were born in England
Tell them they're faggots.

"no"
"no"
"no"
"no"
KEK no
literally fuck off you retarded fuck

>literally no one does this, calling yourself English is a point of shame here

I know but faggots on Sup Forums do it and it pisses me off.

they were all based in WA

Highway to Hell is literally about Canning Highway

>freemantle is right near melbourne anyway.
literally on the other side of the country you retarded fuck

You can't even write a sentence that makes any point so you resort to name calling.

for some insight: slim dusty sings about the experiences of other - stan sings about his own, it's worth looking at his wikipedia or something to see the life he lived
i hope this is bait

I was wrong, they are from sydney.

mate we've all seen your fucking stupid argument about how rural Australia "rips off" the south of America because they both wear hats

fuck off you mong

AC/DC is a British band. Who gives a shit about any other members than Brian Johnson and the Young Brothers (all born in the UK).

Melbourne literally named a street AC/DC lane and you fuck heads try claim it's an unaustralian city.

AC/DC is shit.

Sick of you straw maning that shit in every fucking thread.

There was much more to the argument than them wearing the same fashion but you try make it out like that was all I was saying.

well as the pom in stated, the members of the band were about as aussie as melbourne

oh right yeah sorry I forgot some of them also drive trucks

youtube.com/watch?v=YzzCIgfowFk
australia needs to make more movies

Leave Australia.

Is aussie accent best accent? I like how it souns desu

kick ass flik, a lot was filmed near broken hill
he's not wrong, the only cunts who like it are moptops, middle aged mums and derro methheads

bloke was probably from America

Fucking rural aussies put southern american flags on their utes at rodeos and think they are more aussie than everyone.

Sooo all the fucking utes at aussie rodeos with southern flags are probably owned by Americans?

Lol, that would actually make rural towns even less Aussie.

I have literally NEVER seen a confederate flag in my life

t. live rurally

he has the stockade, might be just a knobhead
i'm more worried about that union jack in the background

yes

A ute decorated like the general lee from dukes of hazzard.

Don't lie to yourself and try say rural Australia isn't influenced by American pop culture.

yeah looks like people are just showing off where they're from

one of the guys from my town had them as mud guards
but he's also the type of fuckwit that gets on the pingaz every week and has a southern cross tatt while pretending to be a city clubber guy

>tfw you'll never be a feral cunt from the outback

youtube.com/watch?v=dyjYveL14Lg

Leave your mums house and go to a bogan ute muster.

kek you fat fuck

members of the outback club

Something I always wondered are Australians constantly sweating and have their testicles sticking to their legs with the heat there? How do you boys do it?

rub myself down with baby powder each day

Hoping this isn't a picture of me.

this

cover yourself in koala piss

Seriously, do you sweat constantly? Summer gets warm here but nothing like what you guys have

when I'm out in 35+, yeah definitely

if I forget to wear deodorant then my shirt will be soaked after half an hour

Rural aussies are truly not influenced by American pop culture at all.

utes are very australian mate

>number plate
they're our mexicans

That's so weird to me to think you've never lived out a year where you get four unique seasons

so you've only got one example of a car with a confederate flag?

Fuck me this cunt is thick

Not when you paint them like a red neck car from an American tv show about red necks.

they're basically yanks 2bh

It depends where you live, most of Australia is like California. Victoria is quite temperate, they even get snow up in the mountains. Western Australia is always hot.

erm no sweaty

I could find at least 50 photos of rural aussie utes with confederate flags on them.

If I did though you still wouldn't admit anything.

>not that guy
theres still weather and seasons
i grew up in a town where everynight gets to minus and my teens in the centre
the desert is freezing at night
even in the middle of the desert theres occasional rain, the heaviest rain ive ever seen was in coober pedy from a big monsoon that made it that far south, though i've never been north enough to experience tropic weather

Also isn't it obvious that one is a VY commodore and the other is a VP commodore you thick cunt?

yeah nah m8 sorry but it's pretty much ausmerica at this point