Why was everything so much better back then? What happened?

Why was everything so much better back then? What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Good-Old-Days-They-Terrible/dp/0394709411
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No darkies.

Where's that?

Oh yeah because pictures of the past can tell so much about the living condition? Did you know how terrible it was for a minority to live, and the harsh treatments. Not even that, there were no worker rights, or women vote until later in the 20th century. We've came a long way from the past, and we're going forward whether you like it or not.

It literally wasn't, dipshit. Most of the people were working in factories under terrible conditions.

Why is it always a fucking leaf? I swear there's only 4 of you on this board.

>No Woman voting

Why was everything so much better back then?

Looks like NYC
I can tell from some of the pixels

He's right though. Maybe you should adapt to life in the 21st century.

Why was everything so much better back then?

Justin Trudeau pls go.

WW1 happened. The British called it the Victorian era, the French called it 'La Belle Epoch', the Germans had the Wilhelmine era. The optimism was buried along with millions of men

Was it?

Globalisation

>women vote
Root cause of all our suffering.

>manspreading

Working hard under terrible conditions and coming home every night knowing you worked your ass off for your loved ones is a wonderful feeling. Now people have no religion, have no work ethic, have no care in the world other than their own pleasure and the West is more depressed, addicted, and suicidal than ever.

>the good ole days

when will this meme die

amazon.com/Good-Old-Days-They-Terrible/dp/0394709411

>there were no worker rights
you're a fucking moron

why is there nothing like this anymore? These massive science fairs, like the Chicago world faire?

Closest we get is trade shows and business seminars.... all they do is peddle stupid over priced shit and stroke rich mens egos.

More religion
Less technological distraction (ie smartphones, internet, etc)
Opportunity for a fulfilling life
Easy-to-get jobs
Very few foreigners disintegrating host country's culture
Far less degeneracy
Women were kept in their proper place
Men fulfilled their place's role

That's because we are still paying for their (boomer) life style.

My company won't pay for materials, but the retirees just got increased pensions

This

>cars
Ruined cities.

Holy fuck, are you serious leaf? Please say no, I was starting to have faith in humanity again.

>all they do is peddle stupid over priced shit and stroke rich mens egos.
Money instead of values rule the world, bud.

I love hearing loud, obnoxious metal boxes; driven by women and adrenaline pumped meat heads that go really fast just to stop a sec later cause of a red light :^)

Cricket is so retarded

Fuck off you leftist cunt

Yes good times had by all, what a time to be white, everything was easy back then if you were white.

Wow

Much more interesting than Baseball you eternal cuck

>Hunting: A Rampage of Savage Killing

dropped

This is the most accurate comment in the thread. The First World War destroyed the West.

>niggers
>race mixers
>women can vote
>Spread of Communism to the west and infiltrated the minds of the youth
>cars everywhere
>lack of purpose for the white man because the last real generation of white men died off in the war.

>get polio
>have no antibiotics
>medical science has advanced to the stage of electroshock and lobotomies
>better

No one here is arguing that medical science was better one hundred years ago. The nostalgia is for a better culture.

>Niggers
>Globalism
>WW1

Essentially what we did was import elements that weren't comfy and engages in a globalist foreign policy that wasn't comfy. Should have stayed independent nations working together when necessary and taking our aggressions out on Africa by colonizing land, those were the best times.

>tfw you will never be a colonial explorer in the early 1900's/late 1800's
>You will never traverse thick jungles and shoot savages with your rifle
>You will never rape ebony qts and build a business on the backs of savages
>You will never joke with the lads while you fight off malaria and eat bananas

I remember when we thought it would be so great if we could have our entire music collections on a tiny disc and be able to play any song instantly. I remember when we thought it would be so great to be able to talk to anyone in the world on a video phone. I remember when we thought it would be so great if we could watch any movie we wanted instantly.

Now we have all those things and the reaction is, "meh." No one is happier, no one wakes up thinking how great life is because of these things. If anything we all just feel addicted to screens and instant gratification.

Maybe human beings are just designed to be only moderately happy and mostly unsatisfied, no matter what we get. And all this wishing for something better is just an illusion that drives us forward to the next day.

/thread

Shit eating canuck

My flat is just opposite a red light, I love the sound of tires screeching when chavs peel off at the green light, as well as the double decker buses being almost level with my window, forcing me to keep the blinds closed in order to get any privacy.

>ITT: Whites whining about being forced to confront the reality of capitalism now that they are finally being obviously exploited by it

Shit sucks doesn't it? Doesn't it make you mad that they are destroying your culture? I'm sure it does. Now imagine feeling like that for almost 200 years. Welcome to the real world guys.

wtf!? i hate old times now...

Non-whites would have done the same if they had the means. The world was different back then, it just so happened that whites were at the top when that age ended. And it was whites that ended it.

What is happening now is different.

Baby Boomers got greedy.

Hippie's came to power

The West became a melting pot that's going to end in civil war in various countries while other's just turn into Brazil 2.0.

>what happened?

Atheists and all the hellish shit they bring with them

In b4 but I'm a red pilled atheist!
>"moderate Muslim" for white people

There's something somebody posted yesterday, a youtuber "pockets of the future" one of the videos he has talks about the decay of infrastructure and how it's more expensive to continually repair the existing infrastructure - buildings, roads, sewers, etc. than it was to build them in the first place.

A big reason all these cities look so neat and clean in these pictures is that the cities are new when you're looking at them. The infrastructure itself is new. In my city, all the roads are cracked and patched over and over again and concrete is stained and crumbling, but that's because they're old. Maybe they could maintain them better? I'm not sure.

You don't expect to see architecture of that era in the state it was in when it was new. You also have the effect that a lot of architecture made after these pictures was just ugly - brutalism, cheap shit, that was placed right next to the now-decaying older buildings. So we don't even have decaying buildings, we have old decaying ones plus new ugly ones clashing together along with everything else decaying. Also I guess just people litter more these days. It would be a much nicer place if people could stop doing only that.

everything good 'minorities' have (read: the other 6 billion) comes from whites

everything bad whites have comes from muds

Back then was more capitalist then we are now, the only difference is our foreign policy and immigration policy which has reflected globalism and diversity, as well as resistance to social conservatism. Capitalism improves lives you commie filth.

Meanwhile in Europe

photos from around 1900 look always so fucking comfy.

Everything looks as if it was made by people who enjoyed what they are doing. It's not just some purely functional stuff someone put into the landscape and then fucked off and never looked at it again.

Effect is called the Hedonic Treadmill - look it up. Pretty interesting.

This looks like Stockholm

liberal peasant and imecile

Third world immigration.

Liberals happened.

Canada is literally Sweden 2.0 all we need are the daily grenade attacks

>not a single person on their phone

This is at least a decade old, isn't it?

>Money instead of values rule the world, bud.

I don't think that's true.
The late 19th century was one of the most capitalistic eras in newer history. If anything it's the other way round. Architecture and interior design of public buildings are done by people who are state employed. They have the state backing to call their own dead and boring creations "modern" and "contemporary" and get support for that drivel in public-funded universities and state-controlled publications.

You gave up your guns and your votes.

niggers destroyed everything

How do we go back? Back to before WWI? Back to the optimism?

>These massive science fairs, like the Chicago world faire?
what happened is they got ridiculously massive, too massive to fit anywhere.
Have you been to any big international trade shows? You have ONE industry showcasing all its stuff and it fits inside a expo complex the size of a suburb.

Less people

nice thanks

Deport everyone who isn't white and not contributing enough(any minority who ain't doctors and shit) ignore sjw's and 85% of women, assassinate Trudeau.

All the genes necessary for the upkeep of this kind of society were senselessly destroyed in WWI.

not an argument.

From my coal miner ancestors, I'd like to say fuck you.

That's brazilian tech stuff.

>Be Britbong
>Trace Ancestry
>Think of all the KANGZ I must be related to
>All those empire great builders
>Find out Grandparents were labourers
>Their parents were labourers
>A few bottlewashers and shoemakers
>All the ambitious siblings went to North America
>Literally peasants for centuries
>Couldn't even fucking read
>Half of them fucking their cousins, all inbred
>Filthy G-G Grandmother fucked an Irish Catholic
>Church of England disgraced
>Close down ancestry account
>Realise that your bloodline is untermensch and barely one step above the people your country colonised

Ah well, least we BREXIT now.

You pol-tard fux wernt alive to fug thing up...
>kill yourself so we can have "that" again

Yeah being poor is always shit.