SANFRAN RENTS SKYROCKETING

>hahahahahahahahahahaha

>hahahahahahahahahahaha

>hahahahahahahahahahaha

>A spate of sudden, dramatic rent increases has hit San Francisco, with one North Beach resident saying he recently received a notice from his landlord that his rent was increasing from $1,800 to $8,000 per month.

breitbart.com/california/2016/06/28/massive-300-percent-rent-increase-in-san-francisco/

>hahahahahahahahahahaha

>hahahahahahahahahahaha

>hahahahahahahahahahaha

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/california/2016/06/28/massive-300-percent-rent-increase-in-san-francisco/
google.com/search?q=san francisco population&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was watching one of those realtor shows, about 8+ years ago, and one segment featured a 400 sq. ft. studio condo in Manhattan, listing for....

wait for it....

$1,000,000!!

I own a 1,200 sq. ft. house on 3.5 acres for $109k

It's just an excuse to get commies to leave the state.

whats the matter? dont like the chinks buying up all the real estate? racist! now pay up goy.

Guess they want even more homeless to shit in the street

Just get all of the well to do productive white people out of California.

Leave the Jews and the browns. Glassable.

>San Fran hipsters come to shit up the valley now
pls god no

Couldn't pay me enough to cram me into NY, San Fran, or any one of those degenerate, overpriced shitholes. I don't know how people can even live like that.

guys
look at housing in London
it btfo's most of your cities.

Post a link or quote pakinigger. I don't wanna look that shit up.

The homeless could go somewhere that has affordable real estate. Or maybe it's not actually expensive rent that makes people homeless, but complete incompetence and laziness.

Who in their right mind would ever pay to live in san francisco?

Still better than Sydney.

>progressive millennial software developers gentrify and force out the same SanFran brown people they claim to be allies in social justice with.

It's fucking poetry. Too stupid to realize THEY are the problem.

Basically only ultra rich white people or 20+ muzzie packing into a small apartment can afford living in London.

jesus who the flying fuck would pay 8K/mo (96,000/yr after taxes) just for a rental unit

Yeah and you probably live in a fly over state. The people buying shit in Manhattan are rich people

Welcome to capitalism. Wanna live in a half decent city and work somewhere other than Walmart? Be prepared to fork over 60% of your income to schlomo shekelstein. And remember goyim, he earned his millions!

I blame the Chinese for this.

Your suggestion would be what? We all get closets in huge commie apartment blocks for free? Sounds great.

It's called commuting fucktard. Travel 20 minutes outside of most cities and you can find much more affordable housing. There is virtually no advantage to actually living in a city.

And then they whine and bitch when prices keep going up and they get forced out.

These shitbrains better stay the fuck out of the Northwest, we've got enough already. I just want them to stop coming here and preferably just fucking die, desu.

>capitalism is le evil xD

Fuck off leddit. I live in San Francisco. The reason rents are so high is because supply hasn't kept up with demand because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE to build new housing in this city. Every time a new residential building is planned, fucking NIMBYs come out of the woodwork to point at some obscure regulation that completely halts development. This city's progressive policies are going to eat it alive. I'm just here to make my shekels and get out before it goes to hell

>don't have kids man. Live in a city you cannot afford and struggle for years. It is so much fun. When you are 45 you will look back at your life and be so proud of you accomplishments. You wil think "Woah! remember when I spent 10 dollars per beer at the bar?" You will think why would anyone want to spend their lives going to bbqs and raising families? They could live in a hip city like me.

People that hate the country or small towns lack imagination.

That earthquake can't come fast enough.

t. Northern Californian

BUILD WALL NOW. Before it's too late. They're pondering it right now. The heat keeps putting them off going beyond Sacramento, but you're in danger nonetheless.

How do so many niggers afford to live in San Francisco?

Are you justifying mass immigration?
It sounds to me like you're justifying mass immigration.

>jews act jewishly

who'd have thought

>Breitbart
>Credible source
pick one faggot

What state?

They realize it. They just lie and bullshit and say "oh well I support rent control! we must reform landlords!" blah blah whatever. Liberals are the real racists, remember that because it is true.

I can't understand why any non-whites ever vote for them anymore. Even gibs doesn't entirely cut it.

Because their parents bought houses in the 80s. Plenty of niggers used to work in the military vehicle manufacturing plants in the bay during WW1 and WW2.

Fucking every state East of california and West of Pennsylvania.

Most of them commute in from the east bay to commit their crimes. There are also some cheaper areas along the edge of the city that have govt housing

how can you afford internet nigger?

I pay $2k a month in rent btw - live with 2 roommates in a decent part of the city (Nob Hill)

You can make 100k a year and not be able to afford that apartment. That is not an incompetent person you fucking idiot.

>b-but you can be a millionaire if you weren't lazy/competent

If you were all millionaires we would be full blown Idiocracy and it didn't solve a god damn thing.

Colorado? Maybe you shouldn't have enticed them with the DUDE WEED

>Fuck off leddit. I live in San Francisco. The reason rents are so high is because supply hasn't kept up with demand because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE to build new housing in this city. Every time a new residential building is planned, fucking NIMBYs come out of the woodwork to point at some obscure regulation that completely halts development. This city's progressive policies are going to eat it alive. I'm just here to make my shekels and get out before it goes to hell

This is all true, but I'm glad of that. At least it keeps the city from being completely ruined. The fundamental problems SF has are one, no new land--it's water. You CAN'T make SF bigger unless you tear down and then build up or dig down, and only so much of that can realistically be done before again, you ruin the place. Fuck people, I like SF the actual city, not counting the fucking shitheads who swarm there nowadays.

And then there is overpopulation. We cannot get around this anymore. I'm sick of everyone avoiding the issue, even here. There are too many people. Period. And it's getting worse because the only people who should be breeding, like white people, aren't doing much of it and all the fucking third world roaches pop out babies they can't even care for or feed every thirty seconds.

It's fucking disgusting. And I see no solution.

>dude its millenials lmao

dude its NIMBYs (not in my back yard). its baby boomers that like having a 400 sq ft house that is worth $1,000,000. So they go to city hall and protest development of new housing. So whatever new housing that does get built (very little) caters to the higher end market since supply is so low and demand so high they can charge even more for some shit hole that has a good set of paint and granite countertops.

Tip its always the baby boomers.

"I DON'T WANT THIS CITY TO CHANGE" ends up forcing out all the minorities and causing the city to change lmao

They live in Oakland or Vallejo.

Where do you work?

Except Colorado

Currently renting a house with 3 others for 2400 a month in Southern California. While it isn't bad because we all have decent jobs it would be shitty to live in an apartment solo at this price.

So it's 6k total? How many sq ft?

It's not legal to increase rent from $1800 to $8000 in San Francisco.

>living in Manteca
>ever

You might like the smell of cow shit but I'll keep the ocean breeze of Pacifica, thanks.

Rare

I live in an apartment in SF with 4 people, the room I'm in right now used to be a bathroom.

>supply hasn't kept up with demand
Implying SanFracisco isn't a ghost town compared to what it was 15+ years ago

>paying $2700 for solo apartment

and it looks like apartments opening up in my building are now $3000. probs gonna move out since I bet the rent increase will be stupid.

>breitbart.com/california/2016/06/28/massive-300-percent-rent-increase-in-san-francisco/

GET THOSE SHEKELS, BOYS!!!

Project housing or grandfathered in due to someone in the family having bought a house or apartment building way back. Lots of eccentrics, hippies and old folks still there due to having bought thirty or forty years ago as well. But as they die off or sell out to go live somewhere mellower, the situation gets worse and worse. Latino and nigger activists wail loudly, people write articles, wealthy liberals cluck their tongues, guilt trip each other and say "something must be done!" but of course nobody does shit, kek.

Actually, there are a lot less niggers in SF than there used to be, because the areas they used to dominate like the Tenderloin and Hunter's Point are being gentrified at last. They will gentrify every square inch of that city within the next ten years. Watch.

Hence Oaktown and especially Pittsburgh/Antioch, Stockton and the valley in general have become much worse. Niggers like hot weather. Good for BBQ and makes chimping even more fun.

>someone's trying to get me a job in the silicon valley

>2000 - 777k
>Today - 837k

google.com/search?q=san francisco population&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

????

I'm an American tourist, fuck off.

(Do you really think a nigger would be able to write my posts? If you do, you're either a liberal or a nigger yourself, or both.)

>100k a year
>a lot

That's literally nothing in the bay area.

Depends on the pay m8. The high cost of living doesn't really matter when you make $150k/year if you're okay with an apartment.

And you can actually find something cheap ish if you're willing to have room mates. Generally you can rent a house.

What city?

This.
They're pushing these asshats into moving into cheaper areas, or even states.
Red states, as it so happens.

>I don't realize half the city is built on landfill that will literally liquify and fall into the sea if 1903 happens again

I hope you're having brunch at the ferry building that day, faggot. :^)

Unnamed investment bank in the financial district

No idea, not that big but not NYC small either

I thought you said you lived there?

Seriously, down town will be completely dead with in an hour. There are for rent signs everywhere.

I pay like 300 usd a month for rent, fuck ripoff metropolises (in the US)

Well I hear since you guys made weed legal you get the worst fucking people in your state now. I assumed things are expensive in Denver, Is it real expensive in Colorado Springs and the like?

That's cuckshed tier muh dude

>That's literally nothing in the bay area.

Its a little under a starting full time engineering salary here

HOWEVER a lot of companies give large bonuses and other compensation (ie stock, good 401k match)

So in total its usually $150k+ (starting). However things like stock and 401k match you don't really see in the short term; unless of course you sell the stock.

>sharing territory with another living creature

location location location

> renting

Pacifica is a perfect example of how funky weather can repel gentrification, only for once it's cold instead of hot. I should move there, I hate heat. Buy if you can so you have a permanent in. (Not too close to the ocean cliffs though, haha.)

>commercial space is residential space

fuck off holland

Fuck you, I live in a small town, 13k population, it's impossible to find a 2 bdr for less than 800, fucking studios go for 700
Nobody is developing housing anymore, it sucks

>I'll sell unvested options !

Let me know how that works out bud

Dude Sup Forums has fucking IDs I never said I lived there

However I do live in the South Bay. Living in SF isn't worth the cost of living or the commute.

A quarter of the city is built on land fill and most of it is financial district, wharf, and the lovely ghetto of hunters point .

Eh. Not really capitalism, part of the problem w/San Fran is the city government being filled with a bunch of fruitcakes and not allowing high density housing because MUH SKYLINE and MUH HISTORICAL ARCHITECTURE.

Vesting schedules are p quick

Does it really sucks that bad living and working in Silicon Valley?

kek i'm from socal but whenever you drive through chino hills or rural riverside or bakersfield it reeks of cow shit everywhere

I like the cold. And the fog. Never leaving.

Nah, Washington. We're DUDE WEED plus cushy tech monkey jobs. We've dealt with these cunts for longer than Colorado has, and they just keep coming because they keep fucking up their own state worse and worse all the time.
They're so incredibly stupid and up their own asses they don't even see that the reality of their situation is literally their own doing in every single way and so they just repeat the same shit anywhere and everywhere they go.

lol I pay 320/month for 1bed/1bath in a good neighborhood in a mostly white town in Kentucky and have a great job. $80 in utilities a month.

Chino Hills

I'm not so sure its weather so much as mold

This user gets it, dont live in a fucking city

Commuting relies upon the government to manage the roads and public transport competently. Something that is not true for most Australian capital cities. In Brisbane people's commutes can be in excess of 90 minutes per day and public transport for most of Brisbane is near non-existent. This lead tradesmen to start their commutes as early as 4am, but our roads are so badly managed that this simply means rush hour starts at 4:30am to end at 9:30am.

>hipsters and liberals move into a city
>vote for liberal policies/politicians,drive up taxes and prices, and just shit the place up (literally in this case)
>city is now barely habitable because of them
>they move to another city and repeat the process

>they never even consider the possibility that they are the problem
I just hope they never move to Charleston

There was that Somalian nig that was a good poster. I thought you were just a very insightful Kenyan lmao

>Be blue state
>Constantly be "for the poor"
>Price out the poor by jacking the price on everything
STOP SPREADING YOUR CANCER, KOMMIEFORNIA AND JEW YORK!

Los Gatos is gorgeous.

>Kenya
Thanks for Obama, you fucking Mau Mau scum.

You cannot commute in the bay area. Its a mega city. "20 minutes away" and you're still in it.

>There are too many people. Period.

just too many people with the wrong lifestyle

i don't want to live or work in america, but if this lovely friend of my family's finds something for me, i'd be an idiot to refuse in the present economy.

fuck my present existence. i cannot believe how absolutely fucked my province is right now. it's unreal.

just set me in front of a computer and give me something to design goddamn it. i need work to import a lovely romanian boy.

1908, faggot. :>)

Live on a hill with nothing huge situated right up from you, and you should be okay. Don't do the Marina District, that's the worst landfill. And have an earthquake kit and supplies, always.

Why not a beach city?

Newport or thereabouts? Irvine?

The subway is good if you can afford the $14 round trip.