Unfilmable books

Unfilmable books

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzswSMW1Ugc
youtube.com/watch?v=lA0IlDhITkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah pretty much. What films do the unreliable narrator well barring ones with memory loss?

Schindler's List already has a film.

Catcher in the Rye.

Already in pre production

really? fuck. i was planning on doing it once i got into hollywood
not true

Mel could do it.

Better chance of a movie being made about why this isn't a movie.

Mel can't direct for shit get the fuck out of here

On the topic of Gene Wolfe, I think Alien Stones would make a great sci-fi indie film.

the silmarillion

>>>/reddit/

Uou know, 5 years ago i thought inherent vice was so stupid it would neverbe as movie. And 16 years ago i thought galveston wss smuch a hack job bastardazation of the i45 murders tjhat no one would touch it.

Anything is possible. Hell they made a no country for old men movie and no one gers it. Blood meridian is next

>yfw Silmarillion Part I: The Tale of Beren and LĂșthien comes out in 2020

i still need to finish this book, OP

Drink some water and get some rest, user.

oh god, pls no. You just know they will fuck it up
I'd love to see a stage adaption though with shakespearean actors. Same with children of hurin

Wheel of time series

>his son makes himself into a black guy
>his daughter makes herself into an Asian girl

Wew lad

What is it with spergs and not being able to shut up about how their favourite books are unfilmable? Are you trying to say that films with unreliable narrators don't exist?

The Red Spectacles is one of my favourite movies.

I've never understood this meme. It's a bunch of cowboys killing people. What's impossible?

Just cast somebody who isn't slamming Speedball.

I am pretty insanely drunk. But for serioyus why has no one made a movie from the ewan mcgregor book about the baloon. Eternal love. Or some shit like that

Generic fantasy map? I have no idea what this supposed to be

Usual Suspects

Sorry bro. It's gunna happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzswSMW1Ugc

i'd love to see a mini series. then the rest of the books the frank wrote

His worst bookgot oscar nods. Atonement is shit. Even amsterdam gotana adaptation, even though the whole thkrd act was predictable.

But hisbest book, the one about the baloon and the crazy guy, no one even knows about.

It can be. It'll have to be three hours long and ultra brutal however.

Also, the judge played by pic related.

>reverse image search
>google says its aSoIaF
>see writing in the bottom right corner of the image
>squint and lean in close to read
>its Wizard of Earthsea

fuck you Google

Was just gonna post this, the entire series. I even like some of the prequel stuff like Butlerian Jihad.

>wahhh why didn't you make this post specifically for me im confused!!!!

dune

neuromancer

ten little niggers

Nah, you could do Neuromancer. It would take some work, but after movies like Gravity the zero-g stuff could be done easily. The hard part would be creating a cyberspace that wasn't ultra realistic but also not original Tron.

Hitler's not even in it

Only correct answer.

Actually that movie was already made:

youtube.com/watch?v=lA0IlDhITkQ

>impossible to make a film about a whiny little fag
Those movies already exist

you could do that with any book in this thread.
>lol what do you mean Dune, it's totally possible to make a movie about guys fighting in space

>muh narrative structure

Trips confirm. It'd just be talking the entire movie since most of the story is the characters internal struggle which is fine in a book but not so good in film.

>muh narrative structure
well, yeah. It doesn't have one. You also can't make a film about a collection of poems

but you could film the hadith/sira

United 93 is already a film

You sir are EPIC. Just EPIC.

>a collection of poems
literally no one has ever described the quran as "a collection of poems"

the fuck?

This guy is a terrible actor, have you even seen Daredevil on Netflix?

I'm not talking about the quaran, i'm saying that trying to film the quaran is like trying to film a collection of poems, not that it is one.
The quaran is a collection of sura, basically the equivalent of psalms in the bible

Why didn't you like him in Daredevil?

What is this? Earthsea? I don't think I've ever seen a map.

rip off of Apocalypse Now

Have you seen Full Metal Jacket?

Why couldn't you film this?

I can think of at least three directors who would do it differently but also do it well.

>Dr. Strange

Maybe 5 years ago.

Any John Le Carre. Fact, films will never do them justice.

>basically the equivalent of psalms in the bible
another bizarre phrase that no one has ever used to describe the quran in any context

i just did ;)

More like unreadable books

ZING

Every single person who has been attached to play Ignatius has died.

>Belushi
>Candy
>Farley

Tell me about BOTNS. What makes it so good and better than the regular genre fare?

Alredy been filmed, pic related

his works are simply to epic too be filmed

More like The Book of My Wife's Son.

I know how to read that. I just don't want anyone else to know what it says.

The Legacy Of Totalitarianism In A Tundra

but they already made an Assassin's Creed movie

good movie and you can draw some valid comparisons to Catcher but it is not an adaptation.

Is the author of the Voynich Manuscript the greatest troll of all time?

They could, however, make a Timeriders adaptation which is a YA book series about time travel which reveales the purpose and translation of the voyich manuscript. In fact I've been praying for a Timeriders film of series for years

ewww

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex

>ewww
?

fuck off

Not remotely, are you baiting me or something? I'm wondering if you guys have actually even read the Catcher in the Rye. Salinger's own words on why he never sold the film rights:

>...the weight of the book is in the narrator's voice, the non-stop peculiarities of it, his personal, extremely discriminating attitude to his reader-listener, his asides about gasoline rainbows in street puddles, his philosophy or way of looking at cowhide suitcases and empty toothpaste cartons... He can't legitimately be separated from his own first person technique.

he goes on but that's it in a nutshell. There are some things you can do well in a novel but not in a film, and vice-versa. It just so happens that 90% of the actual content in Catcher in the Rye falls into that category.

Too bad the author used the rusted trick "the hero is amnesiac"

Lmao gl dude

Gardens of the Moon is the easiest one to picture being made into a film and its still impossible for me to imagine.

underrated post

That could be a great movie.

They are already filming this though

Blood Meridian can and will be done. The problem with it is the change of focus of the protagonist from the Kid to the Judge not muh horrible scenes

>barring ones with memory loss?
Then there is another Wolfe book that can be made

YOU WANT HOLDEN TO BE AN AUTISTIC FUCK? BECAUSE THAT IS HOW YOU MAKE HOLDEN AN AUTISTIC FUCK!

THE CORRECT CHOICE WOULD BE HAIRLESS JEFF BRIDGES

It is multi layered and faceted, with rich dialogue and a complex story full of puzzles
Shades of Chesterton, Borges, Eco

The Quran isn't a collection of life stories like the Bible. It is mostly a collection of rules and laws.

This, although John Goodman could also portray him