Just watched this pile of shit for the first time

Just watched this pile of shit for the first time.
After the events of Aliens, Weyland-Yutani should've realized Ripley's story was legit, so why didn't they just get some Xeno eggs off the derelict instead of going to the prison planet?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3#Development
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They wanted the queen from inside Ripley.

The real question is why anyone would want to shoot an entire Alien film in someone's basement.

I thought the assembly cut was alright, it's quite depressing.

Read about the development hell this film went through. I hate the film but it's a miracle it's even as good as it is. It's like 3 scripts balled into one by a dozen writers over several years. The whole thing was a fucking disaster.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3#Development

3 feels like maybe possibly there was a good movie there but the end result was pretty bad.

I prefer Resurrection because at least I can laugh at it. But both are not good.

I know im in the minority here but I really liked 3. It returned alien back to being a stalking monster rather than just fodder for the main characters to shoot at. I also really enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the cold off colony prison its set in. To me it had more of that original Giger feel to it than 2 did. I also didnt mind the dog alien. The scene where it kills Tywin Lannister and reaches towards riply is one of the most iconic horror shots of all time. I think a lot of people misunderstand it, plus being the followup to James Camerons "run and gun high action" take on Alien and conpletely dismantling every idea of it by killing off 3/4 of the main characters immediately and secluding Ripley to a prison without weapons and etc. caught a lot of people off guard. Just a personal opinion.

Here come the stream of contrarians coming to tell you this is actually the best of the Alien films

Alien 9/10
Aliens 9/10
Alien3 8/10
all the other sequels sucked
Prometheus 6/10

why they switch from dog to ox?

>the script where the planet is made of wood
>the script where an army of power loaders fights an army of queens

jesus could they not come up with one good concept?

Agreed

Alien>Alien3>Aliens

>>the script where the planet is made of wood
>implying that wouldn't be GOAT

user pls

>I know im in the minority here but I really liked 3. It returned alien back to being a stalking monster rather than just fodder for the main characters to shoot at. I also really enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the cold off colony prison its set in.
This is exactly why I like it, too. It's nowhere near the first two, obviously. But all of the original quadrilogy have their merits

It's a good return to form, executed poorly

Fuck off cameron DUDE SHOOT EM UP FUCK KINO

Newt is the worst most pointless character in cinematic history. Fincher is based.

Theater version is okay, but assembly cut imakes it on par with the first 2 movie.
Also I think this has the second best costume design in the series after Alien.

Alien 3 feel like a light hangover on a grey sunday morning.

I honestly couldn't tell what was going on in the final chase scene. It was fucking incomprehensible.

OP is a faggot.

you're a fucking retard

How did they know she had a queen inside her? Did the medbay transmit the information from the scan to WY Headquarters?

Muh niggers

3 and Resurrection are GOAT

I've never seen Resurrection but it certainly doesn't have as many people championing it as Alien 3.
Is it actually good or is this just a meme?

That monastery planet concept would have been incredible

It's good campy fun and an indulgent, guilty pleasure for Alien fans.
It's much more enjoyable than 3, not as memorable as 2 nor as well-made or cerebral as 1.

It's totally a meme. There's some inventiveness in there, and they really do put new spins on the xenos and how humans interact with them, but overall the film is a fucking mess

It also has peak Winona

Godsdamnit

>DUDE SHOOT EM UP FUCK KINO

Have you ever actually watched Aliens?

I liked Alien Resurrection the most for me anyway. You can see and feel Whedon all over it and it makes it perfect.

looks amazing but would've been way too expensive. alien3 takes place in a basement for a reason I suppose.

I think Aliens 3 will always have a special place in my heart because it's literally set on a planet for NEETS

Alien 3 is a miracle considering the production hell it went through.

Personally I think it's a great film. A grim final chapter in the Ripley story arc. It captures the hopelessness of her fight and refreshingly veers away from the predictible happy ending tropes.

Resurrection is watchable if you consider it non-canon fan fiction for a bit of fun.

They literally did nothing but work and pray, what the fuck are you talking about?

>why didn't they just get some Xeno eggs off the derelict
Man, this plagued my mind for decades now. Also why go after the stupid aliens at all? There is a huge ass spacecraft with who knows what kind of technology on board. Warpdrive, super weapons, immortality machines, who knows. But no, fucking acid blood is more interesting.

>planet is made of wood
My grandfather used to talk about the old days, when the world was still made of wood. I always figured he was just being nostalgic, but maybe he was from a different planet? How is life in JUST WOOD?

>Man, this plagued my mind for decades now. Also why go after the stupid aliens at all? There is a huge ass spacecraft with who knows what kind of technology on board. Warpdrive, super weapons, immortality machines, who knows. But no, fucking acid blood is more interesting.

Sounds like Covenant and Prometheus 3 are going to answer this.

Alien=Aliens >>>>>>Resurrection >> 3

>You can see and feel Whedon all over it and it makes it perfect.

Reddit is down the hall and to the left

Underrated gif

i like it, it's a fun 90ties action sci fi

Maybe he meant incels?