1. Days of Heaven
2. Tree of Life
3. Badlands

*POWER GAP*

4. Thin Red Line
5. The New World

Haven't seen the last two.

sweet digits

The New World > Days of Heaven > The Thin Red Line > Badlands > The Tree of Life > To the Wonder

I feel like insulting you but instead I will politely ask what your reasoning is for having The New World first.

Thing red line, New World, Tree of Life > Days of heaven > Badlands > Knight of Cups >>>>> to the wonder

to the wonder is his worst and i dont get why badlands is so praised, its a fine film but whats the big deal. i like his more pretentious films more but not because of the 2deep4u message that people like to interpret into it but more for the unique feel to it and i think even without going full fedora you can get something out of them.

>why badlands is so praised
>"muh road movies"
>entry level Terry also happens to be his first movie

badlands > thin red line > tree of life > days of heaven > knight of cups > the new world > to the wonder

The Tree of Life>The Thin Red Line>Days of Heaven>To the Wonder>Knight of Cups>Badlands>The New World

not him but have you watched the new criterion release? i thought it was pretty good, and in terms of his films after thin red line its probably his most coherent.

does the power gap represent his career gap from the 70's to 90's?

days of heaven > tree of life > knight of cups > badlands > thin red line > the new world > to the wonder

Hmm. My list is the same but I haven't seen Knight of Cups. Maybe I should finally check it out.

1. tree of life
2. days of heaven
3. badlands
4. the new world (director's cut)
5. The Thin Red Line

His most recent two

liberal atheist spotted

For sure, a lot of people shit on it because they see it as a vapid hollywood circle jerk, which it might well be but that doesnt mean it's without tenderness just like the rest, just a different perspective and possibly autobiographical.
don't really wanna go into detail because like most of his latest movies it can boil up to how much of yourself you can see in the character and if it hits the mark it can be a revealing experience

>a lot of people shit on it because they see it as a vapid hollywood circle jerk

The film considers Hollywood lifestyle empty.
Malick doesn't even get his funding from Hollywood

the only correct ranking is.

badland>powergap>transformers4>rest of his filmo

>dude criminals lmao

The thin red line
The new world
Knight of cups
The tree of life
******************POWER GAP**************
to the wonder

These are the only movies of his that I've watched. Shoudl I watch badlands next?

I don't expect anything, just to go a little of our way together

yes, but it is nothing like the films of his that youve already seen

1. The Tree of Life
2. The New World
3. The Thin Red Line
4. Voyage of Time
5. Badlands
6. To the Wonder
7. Days of Heaven
8. Knight of Cups

I am insurmountably excited to see Radegund
>German side of WWII
>A conscientious objector
>All European actors
>No Chivo (it's nice to have some variety

Terrence Malick makes me wish there was a heaven just so that he can go there.

Whne the fuck is "Song to Song" releasing (they cahnged its name from "weightless'

This. It's as if Malick wanted to make a conventional film and he ended up making one of the few flawless films ever made. That being said, it's only as good as a film can be within conventions. He must have seen this and decided to go beyond what is expected of cinema. I honestly believe that in 50-100 years film will evolve to look like his work and he will be praised as the prophet he is.

These. It's incredibly vapid because it's supposed to represent the shallow puddle of depravation that is sin in Malick's eyes.

The only thing that pulled me out of the movie was the abortion scene with the little girl dancing around Natalie Portman. My knee jerk reaction was to laugh but looking back on it I'm sure it was as sincere a gesture as every other creative decision he makes. Still, a little too blatant.

March 17th. Save the date, lads.

1. Knight of Cups

2. Badlands

3. Days of Heaven

4. The New World

5. Thin Red Line

6. The Tree of Life

7. To the Wonder

Did anyone watch Voyage of TIme?

When's the blu-ray coming out? What was it like?

Is it even worth watching without IMAX?

Tree of Life had nice visuals but I just couldn't enjoy it. Too pretentious even for Malick standards.

>inb4 2deep5u
>inb4 pleb

I saw it in theatres with the INSANELY WIDE aspect ratio and no narration. I think it was only out in that format for like a week and imo it was worth it.

If you liked the nature/cosmic parts of The Tree of Life you'll like this. There are quite a few clips from the film on yt if you're really unsure.

>no narration.
w-what

Wasn't that the main point of the story? THat it was narrated by Cate Blanchett?

Voyage of time. Birth of the Universe and its history. Why does it need narratioN?

>all these plebs ranking To the Wonder last

B-But I head it has narratioN?

With Brad Pitt and Cate BlanchetT?

It's my favorite :) t

There's also a version voiced by Brad Pitt.
This. I'll re-watch it for the full aspect ratio and narration but I was super happy with what I saw. From what I read the super wide aspect ratio / no narration was Malick's idea so maybe they'll include that version on the bluray as a director's cut.

If not then hey, I got to see some one-in-a-lifetime Malick kino