1 hour is 7 years

>1 hour is 7 years

yeah fuck this shit famm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JwCYwte9NKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>dude relativity lmao
Nolan literally heard this concept, shat his pants with joy, and immediately started working on the movie. Realizing it would take a little more to string together the plot, he wove in this retarded "dude love" nonsense. Easily his worst film.

you aren't doing anything with it anyway

If I cummed over the planet and it dropped onto a girl with her mouth open. How long would it take for the cum to reach her?

I too am watching Channel 7 right now

time dilation 2 deep 4 u??

yes it makes no sense

>Easily his worst film.
This.

Also that retarded plot about how Mcconaughey just stumblees in to a secret space station and they say "hey bro, weren't you a pilot? here's a shit we made from scraps, you should fly it and save the world. You have one day to decide, takeoff is tomorrow. What? What if you didn't just stumble upon us in the countryside with your car? Who would pilot the craft then? Shut the fuck up. Also, this black dude will tell you what the mission is about when you get to fucking Jupiter. You also have never heard of a wormhole or the theory of relativity despite being a pilot, so he will tell you that as well. You have 24 hours to decide."

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

How would that wave even kill you if it doesn't crash

It's a real thing though...

explain

Time = distance /speed
Higher speed means lower time

youtube.com/watch?v=JwCYwte9NKg
For dumb dumbs.

Interstellar was by far the most intelligent movie created in the past 10 years.

As an avid science lover & reddit user, I hate how Trump litterly cut the EPA to death, I mean us Redditors are highly intelligent and thus we understand the complexities of scientific research and space travel, similiar to geniuses like Bill Nye, and Cosmos host, Niel Sagan.

Sadly racism and biggotry keeps us from advancing in these endevours.

You're both absolutely right. Also the dustbowl future concept is too heavy handled, wasn't thought through at all, and ultimately doesn't fit with the sci-fi elements of the movie. It's a disjointed mess, one of the "loosest" films I've ever seen, as if Nolan has expanded his "fuck it that'll do" philosophy to the screenplay itself.

It feels like he had a cool idea (black holes and time dilation) and wrote a script around it while he was on the plane.

I remember the crazy hype around this before it came out. How Nolan was meeting with the biggest and best astrophysicists and quantum theorists etc and how the production of this movie was bringing new questions to the forefront of science, how half the crew had doctorates in physics etc. Then it ended up being an embarrassing mess of a film lol

You sound brain damaged. Does your mum help you change clothes?

Under current of it would pull you under I'm assuming? But it's a little silly, if a planet was that close to a black hole with waves that high the sheer gravity on that planet would crush you, your craft wouldn't be able to land it would just slam against the surface. No thrust would work, you'd literally just go "splat".

Christopher Nolan didnt write Interstellar though, his brother did.

I watched this movie with a friend who dumped his fiancé the year before because she cheated on him. When the "love as a guiding force through time" stuff came up he whispered "bull-fucking-shit" in my ear. keks were had.

The movie is actually about an alien race saving mankind with their reality-altering level powers. These aliens either being humans from the future or a different species.

top kek

I always thought of it as a "love motivates someone to find a way around something" sort of thing? Like the tesseract he's in, it's interesting because time is constructed in a way that protects itself from manipulation (all the paradoxes that prevent time travel), but it does allow for very slight changes like moving some papers around or something very very basic like that. Fuck we could all be being watched right now by people from the future.

>dude speed of light is constant and other shit isn't

what a fucking liar

C is the speed of light in a vacuum, and that's what's constant. It moves slower through thicker mediums, and Einstein never claimed otherwise.

WTF I HATE SCIENCE NOW

>Nolan literally heard this concept, shat his pants with joy, and immediately started working on the movie.

This is exactly how I feel about this movie. It's like he and his brother were screwing around on Wikipedia looking for a concept to base a plot around.

that's why he's in jail for creating such lunacy

How did Sup Forums end up with so many fucking idiots?
Why do people get so upset about nolan using science in a sci-fi film? Not enough capeshit for you? Also loving how triggered people get over the theme of love, must hit too close to home

>Interstellar
>Science

>1 hour is 7 years ago
>yeah fuck this shit famm
y didnt u do this instead op? huh? huh?

>hathaway doesn't age irl
>chastain doesn't age irl
>mccunny doesn't age irl
>the hunger games guy barely aged as well since american beauty
Had they added keanu this would've been a cast filled with high tier eternals

>let's choose the planet right next to a blackhole with extreme time dilation as a potential new home

This movie was dumb. They go to a lot of effort to leave earth when surely they could have funneled those resources to fix earth's soil

>and ultimately doesn't fit with the sci-fi elements of the movie
The dustbowl represents the gradual decline of humanity in a pretty reasonable fashion, and humanity turning away from progress and the only thing that can save it in the long run, space travel.

The movie is a great microcosm of importance of space travel.