Marvel on suicide watch

Marvel on suicide watch.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/the-lego-batman-movie-review-will-arnett-the-joker-animation-funny-warner-bros-a7555581.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DELETE THIS

>it already got a better rating than any other DC movie thus far

Lego kinomatic universe

It was fucking great.

>not directed by Zack Snyder

>Children's tie-in movie from a different creative team gets significantly better reviews than any of the DCEU entries so far.

Yes, this certainly reflects well on DC and isn't embarrassing at all.

Critics hardly praise actual movies anymore but go ape-shit for children's products. Like how the fuck does the Lego Batman Movie have a higher rating than Silence and Nocturnal Animals?

Movies are a confirmed children's medium.

>DC can only make Lego movies for autistics

The fact that this movie will be better and more enjoyable than any other DC movie is just sad. pathetic, even. they don't even need to try that hard with this movie

>Implying Marvel gives a shit about non-Marvel shit.
>Implying Rotten Tomatoes doesn't bribe critics.
>Implying critical reviews can be trusted.

Neither was Suicide Squad, and we can see how well that went.

To be honest, the Batman from the first Lego movie was better than any of the recent WB Batmans, so it doesn't surprise me that this movie is so praised.

The LEGO™ Batman™ movie from Chevrolet™? I'm sure consumers will be delighted.

The tomatometer is only really useful as a broad measure of critical consensus, not as any sort of definitive ranking system. Well-made children's films like the Lego Batman movie will tend to get 90%+ ratings because they clearly fulfill their purpose and few critics are going to bother criticising them too deeply because they know they aren't the target audience. Movies like the ones you mentioned are intended to be challenging and provocative to adult audiences and so the reviews will inevitably be more polarized, although the positive ones will likely be a lot more passionate and involved than the ones you'd read for Shaun the Sheep or whatever.

lego batman is literally marval tho.

bubblegum movie

You Zack Snyder on suicide watch. People obviously hate his grimdark, edgy, pretentious crap.

If anything it shows that Marvel is doing things right, and trying to be more like them instead of trying desperately to be different at all costs is the way to go.

>not part of the DCEU

I can't speak for silence but Nocturnal Animals was trash. It's literally an entire movie about Amy Adam's reading a mediocre airport paperback revenge thriller in various states of gasp with some pretentious "shocking" imagery ham fisted in there for some lame attempt to leave the viewer feeling uncomfortable and confused. Performances were solid though.

>Kids on Sup Forums don't know the difference between RT score and average rating.

Your rights to talk about RT have been revoked.

Same way consumers thought The LEGO movie was the best animated film of 2014

DC finally buckles to the Marvel formula

movies do not get low ratings anymore unless the reviewer was politically loaded
the same goes for video games
any old mediocre movie, for children even, will get 90+ rating guaranteed unless there's something controversial such as the angry birds movie

i really like the lung cancer detective dude

>Directed by one of the lead animators behind Moral Orel

Literally movie of the year

No, it's because RT uses a metric that counts any Score from 5/6-10 as a straight 100% and anything less as a straight 0%. It's a system that rewards mediocrity because most mediocre movies get high scores whereas anything creative usually tends to be devisive which leads some truly great stuff to be stuck at 50%-60% whereas stuff like a star trek which almost everyone would consider just okay lands in the 90%'s

I think everyone in the book half gave fantastic performances. Even though I disliked the film I don't disagree with Shannon's award nominations.

It's average ratings has higher ratings then the two movies I talked about, dumbfuck

Nocturnal Animals is trash and deserves 6.9. Lego Batman will drop below Silence in a week

DC animation has always been on point and miles ahead of Marvel. Why can't they just let these people write the DCEU, just keep Snyder's aestethic and boot all of his retarted ideas. Guy clearly doesn't understand shit about the characters or stories. It's like they're in some bizarro/what if world, where no one acts like their comic counterpart

Not liking one of the most cerebral movies of last year. How was the lasted cape-shit, faggot?

>DC animation
has been shit since 2011. Young Justice withstanding

>BvS and SS get bashed by RT
>b-but critics are bribed cretins and RT rating means nothing!
>animation for kids gets good rating as almost every animation does
>take it Marvel!
Is there anything more pathetic?

The 2003 HULK was straight up visionary. It's stuck at 65%. Here's something to think about, the film Any Lee made before HULK won an Oscar, and the film he made after won an Oscar. So either Lee forgot how to make a good movie, or his audience didn't appreciate it.

People went into HULK expecting the cheesy 70's show (this was before Batman Begins and TDK and comic book shit was still regarded as immature), and were bored by long stretches of character drama. It's literally the same shit from Crouching Tiger and Brokeback that get tons of praise, but because mouth breathing cunts get easily bored or confused, they drag down the score.

DC paid those critics

I have no trouble believing this, the lego movie was fucking awesome (except for that part in real life which was fucking retarded)

I'm sorry that people didn't like your big dumb green monster who punches dog monsters while whining about his daddy issues movie.

The first lego movie was kino. Creative, fun, not too obnoxious. Outside of existing to sell toys its the perfect kid's movie, and even then legos are top tier toys.

Make sure to watch after credits
It shows Ben affleck playing with the Lego set

It's a kids movie, who even cares?

I really fucking hope he wins the oscar
"Hidden Figures" got an nominated over Silence and Nocturnal animals which pisses me off
Nocturnal animals was really great

>Batman movie get 94% on RT
>it's not dark and gritty, it's "fun"
>not part of DCEU
>not produced by Zack Snyder
>full of quips
DCucks unironically think this will make Marvel on suicide watch.

>posting two liberals.

What did he mean by this? Are Marvel fans dare I say it libcucks?

I don't understand how anyone can care deeply enough about capeshit to foster a rivalry between two equally shit companies.

They're all kids movies

How the fuck can you bribe a calculator.

>Marvel are doing just fine.

Is it just american children who think you can only like one thing?

And that liking that one thing means you must necessarily hate all rival products?

>The only good recent DC movie is Lego.

>2017
>Being a retardican
How's it like being poor?

Topkek why hire Gadot and Batffleck if you can animate that shit!

So you're saying literally the onlyway for DC to be successful is to ride on the backs of another property?

In this case Lego?

Hardly a glowing recommendation for a company, is it?

>LEGO Batman is better than anything in the DCEU

I'm not even american

>Lego Batman get positive reviews
>Box office surpassing every DCEU movies
>Warner Bros said "fuck with DCEU, let's just focus on Lego DC universe.

MFW

That Asian guy is a liberal?

>be me, movie critic for a big paper and rotten tomatoes
>dceu fag to heart
>walking down the street at night a few weeks ago
>3 guys dressed in black suits coming up
>they grab me, I feel thick, strong fingers holding my mouth
>the smell of chloroform takes over me
>they throw me in the back of a van
>rear suspension instantly snaps
>next I find myself tied to a chair, in a dark room
>the men in black threaten me, say I shouldn't give good reviews to DC
>I resist, dcfag to heart
>the biggest one of them picks a pair of pliers
>he begins to pull my nails off
>just in time, a thin, high pitched voice says loudly "STOP!"
>the rotten tomato HIMSELF comes out of the shadows
>says I better do it or they will hurt my family
>I agree, but I ask him why is he doing that and not the Marvel himself
>he kicks my in the gut, after that they drop me in a dark alley
>I run home as fast as I can
>find my batman pillow right where I left it
>relief takes over me
>hug it and cry myself to sleep

More like Snyder on suicide watch

Only Disney can bribe Rotten Toma-

No joke, I'm more hyped for a LEGO Extended Universe than I am for the DCEU. I would rather see LEGO Justice League than the Justice League we're gonna get.

so are DC fanboys still going to hide behind their "reviewers are hating on DC!" shit now or has that been BTFO?

It's a cool bit of trivia that the Lego Movie robbed Gal Gadot from being the actual first cinematic Wonder Woman

>Snyder upset that some quirky lego movie is accepted by the masses

Try again numale

>the rotten tomato HIMSELF comes out of the shadows
>Implying Rotten Tomatoes doesn't bribe critics.
>Implying Rotten Tomatoes, a WB-owned company, bribes critics to shit on WB-produced movies
Son, you are retarded.

>critics giving good pity reviews to the non-DCEU film knowing they have their review for Justice League pretyped calling it the Donald Trump of superhero films due its problematic portrayal of (alien) refugees

The Mouse thinks he has us fooled

That's the difference.

See the LEGO universe movies are children movies presented in a children-friendly way.
Any other capeshit flick is a children movie pretending to be a movie for adult audience.

I'll gladly watch the LEGO one.

Ever consider that people lower than standards with kiddie flicks? I'd use RT to prove it to you but for some reason the website isn't working right now.

Lego Wonder Woman's voice actress

This. Why are redditors confusing Snyder with Affleck? Snyder isn't a sniveling homewrecker jihadi.

>with kiddie flicks

How exactly aren't superhero movies kiddie flicks?

See: Nolan's trilogy, Watchmen, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman

Because this is a comic book hero film that's fun and silly. It's also a comedy and kid safe.

It isn't a highschool tier philosophy and theology film called Batman vs Superman that only has 20 mins of actual Batman vs Superman fighting, cramped with forced attempts to tie in other films and fuck loads of cuts with "plz buy blu-ray for BEST INTENDED EXPERIENCE".

What a surprise a fucking fun film for kids is doing well? Guess what, different films are reviewed differently. This was a fun comedy film, done well, rather than some DEEP GRIMDARK GRITTY SERIOUS MATURE ADULT comicbook film attempting to quickly set up a 'universe'.

>that only has 20 mins of actual Batman vs Superman fighting
It's gross how thin that criticism is.

best capeshit movie of the decade desu

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/the-lego-batman-movie-review-will-arnett-the-joker-animation-funny-warner-bros-a7555581.html

>Every age, every iteration becomes prime target for parody: from the whiz-bang camp of the '60s TV show to Tom Hardy's indecipherable mumbles in The Dark Knight Rises.

Big guy confirmed

Mate I could spend ages telling you why BvS is shit. But it's been done before, many times. Stop defending shit because you're obsessed with fanboy company wars.

I like Snyder's movies. It is not because of system wars. It is because he makes good movies while other superhero director's make shitty movies. YOU are the one who is hypnotized by shit. Now go jack off since kikes will defend you like a woman.

A movie called "Batman Vs Superman" should be about them fighting.

Yet you wont because you cant cunt
So far youve admitted to not understanding the themes of the movie and wanting more bang pow fighting to munch popcorn to

Ironically, The best Batman related movie last year was also for kids. Batman: Return of The Caped Crusaders is much better rated than both Snyder movies.

see DC can make good marvel movies too

It was also better than most recent animated DC movies
It wasn't exactly for kids though. It can be appreciated by kids, but the "parody" comedy was targeted at adults who know the TV show.

Although same could be said about Lego Batman. The comedy aspects are more for adults while children will just enjoy the fun story.

The real problem is that it was much less than 20 minutes.

Nocturnal Animals is pretty high and its made for people with a childs understanding of cinema

But then again
>tom ford is the new kubrick
A tasteless drone

>Wonder Woman was literally played by a Marvel actress.