So,according to most people,this is the best of the franchise

So,according to most people,this is the best of the franchise

What did you like and did not like about it? Also did you prefer the book or the film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=62lD2BSrbH4
youtube.com/watch?v=DzmgTU6VI2Y
youtu.be/MrZB9nPMvS4
youtu.be/wpOc-Yqvp-c
youtu.be/3hZ_ZyzCO24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>inb4 pasta

>alfonso cuaron

who knew a director who does perv movies make an HP so well

The movie is better directed than all the others, it had a great aesthetic and the CGI still doesn't look completely awful. The story is the first of the series to really touch on mature themes, but doesn't go over the edge into the melodramatic, high-stakes storylines of the later films. It's both an entertaining romp and a meaningful, character-driven story at the same time.

I haven't read the book since it came out, nor have I felt the need to, so I'd say I probably prefer the film.

who even gives them (you)s anymore

It's no great achievement to make the "best" movie in one of

Hermione looks the hottest in this one

Nah she looks the best in the first one

hate this one

>worst acting aka "HE WAS THEIR FRIEND"
>jamaican head
>no explanation of the marauders
>pink ranger hermione

the only thing they got right was harry's hair. There's a reason why this one earned the least out of all installments desu

Puberty was the reason it was so well received.

>Ywn experience Hermione reaching puberty

>There's a reason this earned the least
Kino usually goes unappreciated by the masses.

the ending shot is the apex of all cinematic shots. even the way the audio cuts mid-yell is divine

I liked the confrontation, nothing in the entire franchise is more thrilling or better acted than this sequence.

youtube.com/watch?v=62lD2BSrbH4

youtube.com/watch?v=DzmgTU6VI2Y

Nothing ever comes close to it again.

>click first link
>dan rad's acting in the first 2 secs
>close tab

kill yourself

no u kys

It's terrible and ultimately nothing matters at any point ever and there's never really any danger to Harry at any point

kek

as they went further along, they didn't show the classes anymore.

for example: In the half blood prince there's a big storyline on learning to perform spells without yelling them out loud. Harry isn't very good at this, and gives him a disadvantage in his fight against Snape

It would've been great to see them learning new skills every year that they could apply in their fight against Voldemort, like learning to apparate...

youtu.be/MrZB9nPMvS4
Why did Williams have to leave after the third one?

The school classes were the worst parts.

Because he knew the direction it was going to go

>ministry suspects hagrid opened the chambah
>they just leave him in the school so he can open it again

Another dull flick from the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy Arnold having to be all like "damn, Jamie Curtis, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Arnold and not only sit in that chair while Jamie Lee Curtis flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance.

Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, JAMIE LEE CURTIS LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before.

>a-and now you swear you can taste the sweat
"No!"
That's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you.

Smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty. The beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Arnold. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

It had the cinematography, darkness and more competent acting of the latter films and the whimsical nature of the first two films.

the edgy haircuts ruined it but yeah it's pretty good the director was the only one in the series to deviate from the motif and kinda do his own thing with the material. I think the birdman director did this one i could be wrong tho

>competent acting
>he was their friend

pick one

why are you namefagging?

w-what?

I remember leaving the cinema thinking it was awful. Now I just think it's ok.

The magic died in the series in this film, that's for sure.

There is something just different and magical about the 1st and 2nd.

in the books the best parts to read were just the trivial classroom/homework/studying shit. I don't know why it was so comfy.

I actually just used to skip the boss fights.

The operative word was "more". Daniels acting has never been good, but the third film marked a significant improvement from the child acting in the first two movies.

That's the magical comfy feeling from Chris Columbus, the franchise never recovered after he left. Even if a change in tone was necessary it still could've been handled well Columbus-style instead of feeling like a generic YA flick adaptation.

it's almost as if books and cinema are different mediums

Psychic Vampire Kabballah Tier: Native Son

Ah, a daring meme synthesis.

not wrong

the other thing that bothered me was that they never wore their school robes

i remember watching and thinking that they shouldve been wearing robes a lot more than a few scenes. I get that having normal clothes every now and then makes sense but honestly the lack of school robes bothered me. Probably just proves how much of a pedo the director was that he cared so much about deviating from the source material to put tight clothing on the kids.

I always felt from the 3rd film onwards, the director wasn't really reading the books but just getting a script/summary of what to do

This.

It's also the movie that introduced the blue-black t-shirt that Harry would wear for the next five movies.

Dr. Pavel, I'm the boy who lived.

Why have you taken Atlas Shrugged out AGAIN!?

>Not Dr. Pomfrey, I'm DA

well he's a fucking orphan and it's not like they sell t-shirts at diagon alley

It was the best book so it makes sense that this would be the best movie.

He inherited a big load of gold from his father

Hermione peaked in this movie.

best scene in the series coming through
youtu.be/wpOc-Yqvp-c

he cant spend the gold for shirts because wizard shops dont sell shirts dumbass

I have fond memories of when this came out because my neighbor realized she was never getting into hogwarts

I liked that aspect about Harry Potter the most.

I found the whole Voldemort thing you just be silly and sort of cringey. I would love to basically have more of a slice-of-life solve some mystery in Hogwarts focused HP where we get to know the world, magic and all that stuff rather than just "feels guy goes around zapping dudes while people around him act edgy".

so whats stopping harry from just going to the mall and using one gold coin to stock up on mugglewear?

Because muggle stores generally only accept British Pounds?

I agree, or at least strike some kind of balance between the two and dont make the stakes so high they face off against literally hitler every year.

>be me
>go to riverside shopping centre in Surrey
>go to the clothes shop
>some manlet is pointing a stick at the cashier
>"imperio!" he shouts
>wonder why he's shouting about mints in H&M
>The cashier turns 360 degrees and walks away from the till
>the manlet starts stocking up on S size shirts
>notices me
>points the fucking stick at me
>what the fuck?
>Avada Kadavra!
>just wanted to buy some knickers for my nan

fucking wizards

do me a favor next time you go shopping for clothes, take a look at the bored sales associate and tell me they wouldnt find some way to take a gold coin as payment.

There is a video that sums it up well.

youtu.be/3hZ_ZyzCO24

Yeah. I mean, they do need some conflict.I just think Voldemort should have been more in the backseat and a scary little reminder rather than a main antagonist.

The Chamber of Secret strikes a pretty decent balance, but it goes a bit too heavy with the Voldemorting at the end.

this is the best film in the franchise exclusively because the kids at the qtest age

erm don't you think that's quite inappropriate thing to say given the kids are all under the age of consent in this film?

Reported.

He can convert wizard money to muggle money

Kek. This is actually what Harry did at Gringotts in book 7

>qt
>sexy

fuck off nonce

it's okay. i don't like how they don't wear their school uniforms, they keep dressing in muggle clothes all the time

>360 degrees away

LastActionHero.gif

It achieved max ridiculousness with Draco's black suit in HBP

You don't have this in Mediocre Brittan?
No body would by a gold coin in Abby Road Market?

this, in the books its a huge ongoing joke that wizards have no idea how to dress in muggle clothes, with ignorance to the point of not knowing a dress was not for men

you're not fooling anyone paedo

Love the books but the films besides 4 are better. 3 6 7 top atmosphere, acting and direction. 1 2 were the perfect way to start off the series.

Because the adult children who praise this hogwash are easily impressed and have seen nothing real.

That is the most reddit shit I've ever seen

This shit is purr autism so no wonder you fags complain about it. Not once did it bother me. Harry has jeans and adidas on the cover of the fucking book prisoner of azkaban

you wear your school robes over your regular clothes
also, even as far as the fifth/sixth book, harry talks about wearing dudleys old clothes that are six sizes too big

Lnao how much have you postes that 100 tines? You have no life. Lifeless.

THEY AR AWLL KINO
TREE SIXO AN SEVN AR BESTO

>1984 above harry potter

ughhh

shit list much???

You guys seen the pretty decent movies where daniel's been in?
Also that one show he was in, something about a doctor

That guy has some range, all the other faggots from HP have been doing jack shit or doing literal shit

That guy has talent

1. Stop talking about the books look up the inverview with Cuaron where he explains his choice of costumes
2. I watch them often and they wear their robes a shitton in 3 4 5 6. They don't when they aren't in a normal schoolday and during the climaxes obviously. Get over it.
3. It's autism

Dan isn't good in anything . Most people here can't gague acting.

Holy shit

Read the book then, it doesn't matter

What the fuckaru did you just say

What

Are you blind or something?

A Hogwarts twin peaks murder mystery tv series would be fucking comfy

>no big bad
>everything about the school, spells and students
>4 protags coming from 4 houses
>we get to know the ghosts and the professors more

No are you?

He has dirty Chinese eyes mate. What do you think?

The best is 7.1

Theres actually a fic i remember that's similar

lol

You must not be very familiar with reddit

protags coming from 4 houses

gayest trope ever

You sound like you know more than me,redditor

>What did you like
The characters, the setting, the concept.

>did not like about it?
50+ literally most best dark wizard in history beaten by a less than 20 year old mary sue chump.

>the book or the film?
Book

>Open up Harry_Potter_Prisoner_Of_Azkaban.avi in VLC
>Ctrl+F "Stretched his legs"
>2385 results found

I visit reddit.

What are you gonna do about it? Next thread you won't even know it was me.

I think it's the second best. Definitely the most underrated of all the Harry Potter movies.

congratz

you are the cancer killing Sup Forums

i hope you are happy

>vlc
>not realplayer

>realplayer

Fuck off dumb weeb.

There is nothing you can do about it.