Why are kids so obsessed with this show?

Oldfag here, and I honestly don't get it. What is the appeal of this show to teenagers? It's like 20 years old.

Its a friens simulator for normies

It's a show about 6 young people living in the greatest city in the world in a time period where alot of modern fashion is based of off. In an age where teens want nothing more than to be adults, this show showed them how to do it without the needs of parents.

Also, why would you ask this to a board that is strictly 18+?

I have the same thing but replace "kids" with Sup Forums and "Friends" with "Seinfeld"

>why would you ask this to a board that is strictly 18+?
I'm like 30, and the median age of this board is like 23, I figured somebody closer to that age might have better insight.
How dare you. Because it was fucking good, that's why.

>How dare you. Because it was fucking good, that's why.
Not really

It's pretty timeless, with the exception of a couple of scenes here and there in ten years of shows, like Chandler's computer. And most normies probably don't even know how outdated his computer was.

You didn't watch old sitcoms as a kid?

Haha I'm so old and don't understand these crazy kids anymore XDD

Hi Ray. How's your wife's fat son?

it's a bunch of men and women hanging out together

I watched a whole season in a bus while ago and it's pretty funny show desu

The show isn't that old. If you are 18 now, you could've still watched the show when you were seven. Plus there were reruns on all the time on several channels. It set the standard for other sitcoms today, like The Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother. Unlike Seinfeld, the show was about relationships and dating, which appeal to teens/young people as they go through it for the first time. This is also why Seinfeld is better.

you were on a bus for over 5 days straight???

Will The Big Bang Theory be revered in the same way with 20s kids?

He was on a break.

No, more shows like the office (US), Arrested development, community, it's always sunny.

You know, actually good sitcoms.

No black people

Friends always seemed like a shitty knockoff of Seinfeld to me.

Why did the Joey spinoff fail so hard?

They aren't really alike at all other than taking place in New York and being on the air at the same time, so they always got compared.

friends is the bbt of 20 years ago

I literally came to post this
Netflix made it popular again, but it really is Big Bang theory tier

I don't know if it was that similar, but it was definitely watched by the same group of people (read: most people) when they were both on.

We used to have current events trivia every friday in 6th grade and the one topic I always used to smoke was television and film (don't ask why, it was a really liberal suburb). And we used to have to try and guess the top 3 rated tv shows in order. Every week without fail it went
>Seinfeld
>Friends
>fluctuating free space that you actually had to be paying attention to know

Smelly cat=Bazing

What else?

That is certainly a plus.

hello fellow oldfag.

I think its about a pre911 world theyll never know.