How does Sup Forums like it? I enjoyed the stuff that was good, the war was really intense...

how does Sup Forums like it? I enjoyed the stuff that was good, the war was really intense, but sometimes it enjoyed being violent too much and made tonal mistakes. the premise in itself is good, the cast was great but I really don't get what jumpscares and a disgrace of a CGI batttle ship do in it. couldve been better with another director, especially the clunky first half.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Garfield was terrible, otherwise it was OK

>Garfield was terrible,
I really didnt think so, I bought the part. what in particular did you not like about his performance?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc
it's the 2nd best movie after Hell or High Water to actually get a BP nomination

lmao did you make this?

Greatest black comedy of our time.

thats what I mean by enjoys being violent too much, things get so outrageous that they become close to comical where imo they shouldnt get comical. it's not an immersion break, but a tonal awkwardness

to be fair a lot of crazy shit like that actually happened, including Garfield's grenade kick.
no joke

i didn't buy it desu, also he felt a bit "weak"

what about the sled garfield made for the sergeant?

The war scenes were maybe the most intense I've seen in a film, it made for kinda hard watching. The way waves of Japanese flooded in like Orcs was stupid though.

Aside from that it was poor. Just another self-indulgent American war film. The soundtrack was particularly bad, there was 0 subtlety.

I thought it was decent but it is in no way a best picture worthy movie. I thought it was pretty jarring jumping from married in boot camp to Okinawa war scene in like 4 minutes. Andrew Garfield was far better in silence than this film.

>but it is in no way a best picture worthy movie
it's more so than mel gibson being the best director. he actively made it worse than it would have had to be

that was laughable and contradicted him not wanting to touch a weapon. making me laugh at how dumb it is still = entertainment so w/e

Mel Gibson was probably the only director who could have got the religious overtones right.

Should keep his ass away from war movies from now on then, he's awful.

Have you seen Braveheart? How old are you? What country are you from? How many of your relatives eat challah?

what are reflexes
what is self-defense

Love interest was an absolute qt.

I was cool with it until two points - the cheesy 80's style action flick using a corpse as a shield,

And that fucking weird Hari Kari scene

I don't get what anybody sees in this. The second half is sort of interesting when it isn't being stupidly gorey, but the first half is a pointless slog full of canned conflict and cliche.

I guess my problem is that it's a genre movie but it acts like it isn't and then it doesn't even hit the level of entertainment a war movie is supposed to hit. The first half is about 30 minutes too long and that exposition maybe belongs in a different, more serious film, but not in a campy war flick. You really have to be grading on a fucked up scale to give this more than a 5.

It was great. Gave it 9/10.

God she's beautiful. Those eyes are unreal.

>The war scenes were maybe the most intense I've seen in a film
Agreed

Was funny that Mel had the gall to trash BvS and call it shit when this is even worse

Maybe, if you're a literal retard.

great meme

I get that Mel is your father figure but HR was truly shit.

No, your taste is what's shit. Do you see how useless this exchange is?

Maybe you just haven't watched enough war films or even films in general to understand.

Maybe you haven't. Or perhaps your taste remains shit no matter the number of films you've seen.

Well, stay deluded and continue sucking Mel's cock I guess.

Well, stay a deluded pleb and continue sucking whoever's cock it is you're sucking, I guess.

I always see people bring this up but what was wrong with the sled?

People making makeshift stretchers to drag their wounded much easier has always been a thing I've seen in other war movies.

Yeah, I don't get it either desu.

Just finished it. Pretty good movie but the romance subplot was weak also some of the slow-motion and music was cringy.

Miles worse than the last big Hollywood army movie directed by an actor, American Sniper.

With how many people kept telling me to watch it, I was honestly expecting a LOT more than an utterly cliche war flick with mostly middling direction.

The sled was pretty dumb on a few levels.

But mostly just because it looked like a sequence out of call of duty