Should Delaware, D.C., Maryland, West Virginia, etc. really be considered "southern"...

Should Delaware, D.C., Maryland, West Virginia, etc. really be considered "southern", or is that just arbitrary bullshit?

WV has an incest problems so that's a start.

They're southern states. May not be deep south but they're still south.

t. Marylander

That's racist.

You a want to pretend that southern crackers are the only ones fucking their families.

That's just not true. Vietnamese here, my mom gave me my first orgasm like most Asian boys.

Mason Dixon Line

wait, Arizona and New Mexico aren't 'southern'? How does that work, Americans?

I'd say only WV should be.

West Virginia exists solely because they didn't want to join the confederacy. They can't be considered southern

If it's north of georgia it's not southern. Even georgia is pushing it.

Southerners aren't a race

We all know who we all are talking about be real

They aren't white farmers who drink beer and watch Nascar & Football, in Arizona and New Mexico their culture is desert & beaner things

this

There are Southerners in Florida, but Florida is not a Southern state - not anymore.

Anything north of Tennessee and west of Texas should not be considered the South.

North Carolina feels southern as fuck

You're east coast buddy.

naw we need kentucky and wv. they are southern af.

I've even heard some people on forums claim that PA and New York are Southern states, but they're either trolling or are fucking idiots

And I've also heard people say NY is part of New England, but I can sort of see the connection there a bit.

Yeah but Kentucky and W. Virginia both have rebel shit-kicker take no shit settler mentalities.

>should the state that held the capital of the CSA be considered southern

not anything within 100 miles of DC. the western end of the state is mountaineer southern inbred types tho.

WEST Virginia didn't hold the capital of the Confederacy, that's Virginia

Delmarva is basically more of a state than any of those three states individually, and it's definitely southern. Not sure about the rest of Maryland; southern MD is too rich and they tend to just pretend like they're southern, and the west (from Fredrick on) is more West Virginia than Virginia. And no, West Virginia isn't the south, the only reason the state even exists is because it decided it didn't want to be part of the south. They lost their south privileges. DC isn't south, DC is just DC.

Didn't mean to reply to

Below Mason Dixon line = southern

They weren't states at the time of the civil war. Arizona wasn't a state until 1912.

Very few people in Delaware think of Delmarva as a political or cultural entity. Perhaps a slight few in Sussex county.

Depends on the area.

College towns, big metro areas, retirement areas, and military towns tend to be less "southern" while the rest of the state is.

no one should be considered southern. were all one big country

Maryland, Delaware, and DC have been incorporated into the northeast and are much less southern today. I think the eastern shore Maryland most retains its southern culture.

I can't speak for WV. It has a unique history.

Was it hot? What did she do?

I guess I'm speaking more about MD and VA. DE is its own thing but for eastern shore DE and MD we have more in common with Delmarva than we do with our state.

>t. Maryland garbage person
Virginia is the absolute northmost you can be while being called Southern. Maryland and all it's niggers can fuck off to Maine or Canada or anywhere else.

If you're on the eastern shore then I agree with you. It's interesting to me how different the eastern shore is from western MD, and I think most people know you guys get disrespected and neglected from the state.