Should I like this movie? I think It was pretty entertaining and I enjoyed it a lot...

Should I like this movie? I think It was pretty entertaining and I enjoyed it a lot, but I dont want people to think I have bad taste if it was objectively bad.

The only opinion on your taste that matters is your own. If you liked tfa, good for you my dude. What are you planning to watch next?

kys

It was fun but it was way too similar to A New Hope

>implying taste isn't objective

lel he fell for the "subjective tastes" meme

It's a pretty good introductory movie to a series of films that obviously rely on each other to create one big story instead of the original trilogy, which worked very well standalone. Hence the plot "hints" that aren't resolved and no Luke

Besides the overtly ridiculous homages and pacing issues it's decent. Kylo is a highlight

MARY SUE
NO HANDSOME MAIN CHARACTER
THEY KILLED HAN SOLO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but its an action flick thats incredibly boring.

Rey was a mary sue and an awful actor, in fact I think her character being so OP was the biggest problem with the movie, and what ultimately ruined it for me. Her ridiculous ability to solve all problems just by existing is SJW panderbait and you all know it.

That and she literally cannot act to the point of it being unbearable. She just lets her mouth hang open with that stupid concerned expression in every fucking scene.

Pic related

I think it might end up being good in retrospect once The Last Jedi is out and we know a little more about Rey, Finn and Poe.

FUCK WHY IS MY TRIPCODE STILL THERE REEEEEEEEEE

mouth hanging open minimizes the manliness of his jaw.

>Kylo Ren
>Highlight

Literally an emo kid obsessed with dark side because he has to be edgy. Loses to a stormtrooper and someone who just a lightsaber for the first time. Fuck off and kill yourself.

People who say Mary Sue are tryhards

It's a horrendous A New Hope remake combined with all the tropes that have become standard fare since the originals release.

Sorry OP but it's shit

He was literally the only risk taken in a complete rehash movie and ironically the people who criticize the movie for being a rehash still dislike Kylo Ren for not being Vader. Who gives a shit if he was flawed and not badass?

It was an okay little action adventure movie.

But it was also popular so that means it's the single worst thing in the world fuck libcucks and hillary.

>It's a pretty good introductory movie to a series
Not really. It heavily banks on you giving a fuck about Han Solo, Darth Vader, and Luke.

>is SJW panderbait and you all know it.
Nope.

Being the main character, and female, is definitely purposeful. But the only reason she's a bad character is because JJ Abrams is a shit. Kirk in the first Star Trek movie was a fuckin mary sue too. There wasn't a disney board of execs who sat down and said "we can't have Rey be bad, that would be sexist" you turbo autists

He's a SITH LORD you complete retard, why dafaq would Snoke being a Master Sith want an emo kid as a apprentice?

No he's not, you complete retard. It has been explicitly stated that there are no Sith and Kylo is far from a lord of anything.

Well you might be right, but the fact that the two good guy mains were an OP woman and a black guy is suspicious to me.

Don't forget the beaner that they went out of their way to keep alive.

Outside of Jew Jew being a complete utter hack I believe most people were pissed because they simply expected it to raise the bar, because that's what most long running series do their producers understand the fan base has gotten older and starts raising the bar.

Instead we just got cookie cutter shit, fucking Finns so called "redemption" aspect makes no fucking sense because there is absolutely nothing for him to redeem himself for they didn't even have the balls for him to do something bad and then have him defect instead we just got some happy go luck negro which felt bad about something despite being raised in NOTHitlerjugend for his entire life.

Are you actually retarded? The only prerequisites in order to be a sith lord is to use the dark side of the force and form a bond of two, one master and one apprentice, they sure as hell fulfilled those criterias.

The only thing that would stop them from being the 2 ruling siths in the universe is two more powerful siths. And I'm assuming Maul is either too old or dead to challenge this position which makes them the ruling siths of the universe.

TFA is kino. It's well made from a movie making perspective. The similarities to ANH was just a business decision because they were scared after how Lucas was treated following the prequels. It will hold more weight once the next movie comes out.

yes, the next film will be so awful tfa will look good in comparison.

I mean if the next movie is that bad people will rejoice every time they see jar jar in the prequels

>I mean

y u mean?

I don't know man, I've been that way.

Pretend that there is a FeelsBadMan pictute.

pretend there is a brofist and a cathug picture

The Phantom Menace is the worst star wars movie by far. TFA is better than all of the prequels.

>Rey was a mary sue
nice meme namefag.

the prequels had people train instead of marysuecally getting their skills
the prequels did not kill han solo
the prequels had handsome main characters instead of an obvious mtf tranny just look at that manly jaw

You're arguing with a retard.
>Think about that for a second

There was no training in the prequels. Younglings standing in a room learning how to deflect blaster bolts form the age of 1 is the most retarded thing ever. Did you even watch the Empire Strikes Back? Not once did Yoda train Luke with a lightsaber. The prequels destroyed the concept of the Jedi.

Han solo dies, boo hoo. Harrison Ford hates starwars and always hated star wars. He was only coming back for one movie.

Just because you don't like Daisy Ridley's looks, who the fuck cares? You're a faggot, I get it. She gave a much better performance than Hayden Christensen.

It's one thing to criticize the similarities to A New Hope, but your arguments are retarded.

It does have the most beautiful spaceship in sci-fi.

What's wrong with your face?

>There was no training in the prequels. Younglings standing in a room learning how to deflect blaster bolts form the age of 1 is the most retarded thing ever. Did you even watch the Empire Strikes Back? Not once did Yoda train Luke with a lightsaber. The prequels destroyed the concept of the Jedi.

nice try, troll

>Rey was a mary sue and an awful actor, in fact I think her character being so OP was the biggest problem with the movie, and what ultimately ruined it for me. Her ridiculous ability to solve all problems just by existing is SJW panderbait and you all know it.

She is ridiculously OP, but that isn't even the only problem. Despite being a scavenger her whole life and having to live in that world she somehow is now perfectly morally good in everything, and she faces no serious moral dilemmas at any point. This makes things that much worse. If she was the same overpowered character but she instead became a villain that would actually be interesting because she might be a threat, but they haven't done anything to establish that.

Sure it terms of the actual movies yes but not when it comes to Star Wars content. The prequels added a new era to Star Wars and gave us some of the best Star Wars content ever in form of The Clone Wars series. But TFA has only given us a shitty movie in the exact same setting as the original trilogy. Even though the prequel movies were bad they did soooo much more for the Star Wars universe.

If you took notes on everything Luke learned about the force through both Obi-Wan and Yoda. Then compared it with the prequels - it would shock you at how much everything contradicts the OT. Not to mention the retarded prophecy stuff was only in the prequels.

I'm not sure if that is supposed to be sincere or not. Now that I read my post I guess it seems a bit lazy and half assed, as I could have just downloaded a picture to use but I didn't think it would be persived in a negative but now when I read your comment I can see it.

Anyways if you were being sincere thank you ^^

does tfa have a luke, i am your father moment? NO.
does tfa have a your jedi mind tricks will not work on me moment? NO.

tfa is not a star wars movie. it's just another forgettable movie.

If I say I didn't like TFA because it didn't feel like anything and didn't have a soul, will I get bashed on for criticizing with muh feelings instead of objective arguments?

I'm not completely sure if you're calling me a retard for arguing with a retard while agreeing with my post or calling me a retard for disagreeing.

oh i really wanted to hug you just replied in the same way (and i don't have cathug pic anyway).

The Phantom Menace came out in 1999, TFA has only been out for 1 year. The clone wars cartoon you are such a fan boy of didn't come out until years after the PT wrapped up. You can't compare over a decade of content post-trilogy to one year of a movie that has a new era kept secret for the movies to catch up.

I saw TPM in theaters when I was 10. It was a great experience. However, it was never a good movie. The films are also not meant to be judged on the EU, as people who enjoy the EU are a minority. Star wars main saga is meant to be a standalone. Nobody wants anything important coming out of a cartoon.

does tfa have a obi-wan i need your help moment? NO.

tfa is not a star wars movie. it's just another forgettable movie.

Thank you it really made my night, well time to sleep before I read something really retarded which will ruin my sleep.

He's not a Sith fag fucker. He's a Knight of Ren. Jesus. "oh he has a red sword, he must be a Sith." YOU GOD DAMNED MAN CHILDREN AND YOUR FUCKING SITH THERE WAS NO GOD DAMN UTTERANCE OF THE WORD SITH IN THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY AND IT ONLY CAME TO BE THROUGH THE FUCKING FAN FICTION, THAT'S RIGHT *FAN* *FICTION* BULLSHIT THAT WAS WRITTEN BETWEEN THE OT AND PT.

Go eat a dick, kys, come back to life, eat another dick, kys, and repeat.

It is fucking awful but you're free to like it if you want. People will laugh at your shit taste but it's better than living amongst people who only respect you because you're a fucking coward pretender lying about what films he likes just to fit in

>what if I'm not calling you a retard at all?

Being a meme doesn't make it less true

Everyone outside of Sup Forums though it is a good movie. People here are just pretentious faggots who need to hate it because one of the main characters is a woman (and her being strong has to be unreallistic) and other is a black man.

It's a good movie, you can keep calling your shit tastes good tastes all you want, but you still have shit in your mouth.

Don't know how many can enjoy this more than the prequels. The Force Awaken does not bring anything new to the franchise other than ugly new characters.

>it was pretty entertaining and I enjoyed it a lot
Why worry? You already have terrible taste and simple mind of a child, new fast and furious this year for you too faggot

Yeah, I when i sent my reply I also thought about that. I agree with you on that. Yes the movies are shit which I stated in my post. Yeah the average Star Wars fan propably only watches the movies and doesn't give a shit about anything else Star Wars has to offer which is irrelevant as I couldn't give a shit about them.

Star Wars The Clone Wars is canon and everything that happened there does matter as it makes the galatic republic era so much better. I'm assuming you've not watched season 5 and 6 of the Clone Wars as it sounds like you don't enjoy the cartoon but the content there rivals even the original trilogy. Also you realise that cartoon revived Darth Maul and made it canon?

Then I'm assuming you agree with me which makes you my niggah

Perfect, just another slut who got on her knees who couldn't act her way out of a paper bag at the grade 4 nativity play

It's a shameless rehash of a successful movie with an unlikeable protagonist

On what aspect besides the technical one is it better than ANH?

it's not unrealistic because mtf "women" retain their male strength they just pretend they're fragile flowers

I was first gonna say did you even read my post, but after I got the caps I just dropped it. Fuck off you autist

>if you don't like it you're sexist and racist
Yeep.

It was a terrible movie. The fact that you like it means you are a shit person.

>knowing nothing about Star Wars
>I'm an expert because I saw TFA
Nearly as bad as roasties, disgusting

It's much more diverse and the new robot is cute

>t. buttdevastated reyfag

No
Phantom Menace>TFA
Not my fault you can't understand anything more than
>this droid has a secret map thats the main goal of this mission, oh wait the map is meaningless, the Death Star is destroyed anyway because muh weak woman drops all shields to the good guys... yet is still in command
Terrible movie with no basis in simple reality, Rey would have been raped and murdered if she tried to live on Jacjew alone.
Entire movie is hack work, acting is cardboard and dry across the board, it's almost like a sjw fanfic remake isn't a good idea wowee who would of thought

>she gave a better performance than Hayden Christensen
>there are people alive who oblivious to the art of acting
You should kys, you're so basic

"Treacherous nigger!"
the diverse cast was tacked on by one of the writers to make his racist lines more context sensitive

I've seen all the canon Star Wars content and spent a good amount of hours reading. In The Clone Wars Maul and Savage claimed the position of two, Maul being the master and Savage the apprentice.

As you can see the only thing needed is to make the claim and use the dark side of the force. Snoke and Kylo could have easily been the two siths of the universe as there probably weren't any other strong dark force wielders that could challenge them.

The biggest hint at them being siths is their lightsabers which in case you didn't know in the new Disney canon reflects the character's moral. Red for sith, blue and green for jedi and white for neutral. So please tell me how am I disgusting?

They have been literally said to not be Sith. They are not Sith. They are dark side users, but the Sith are dead and gone. Learn your shit and do your research before acting like an expert.

I haven't seen that in a long time

All hail the Jewish overlords of Hollywood and may they make more white female black make big blockbuster movie couples. I don't know why but I really like it when white women have sex with white black men, the contrast between their bodies is magnificent.

I was ironyzing the ones who can't grasp the idea of a woman having power.

I never even imply that. What I said is that people on Sup Forums are sexist and racist (which is pretty obvious), not everyone that doesn't like it is.
What I see here is people doing huge mental gymnastics to justify their hatred and hide their real reasons for not liking the movie. Don't pretend it's not it. Sup Forums always goes apeshit when the protagonist is not a white male. I've seen that for years since I started lurking here.

>I've seen that for days since I started lurking here.

>doesn't matter what you say I know the real reason for you hating the movie is because you're sexist and racist
Yeep.

I've watched all of Rebels. I've watched the Clone Wars movie and I watched a few episodes like the finale and the one where Anakin confronts the son or whatever. I understand it's all canon. Personally, I think that it takes away from the prequels even more. All of the things that Lucas explained in terms of Palpatine's influence, his plot, and how Anakin turned to the darkside becomes quite silly when you look at the shit that happens in the series.

That being said, when judging the films, the clone wars, novels, and cartoons don't belong in the film discussions. Star wars has always left several things mysterious and open ended. However, the necessary questions were generally always answered through the films. Even the minor things in the prequels that a lot of people get confused by is mixed in some form of bad exposition in the prequels.

Movies will always be judged by the movies themselves. It goes against everything that is good story telling if the film relies on other mediums to answer questions. More is not necessarily better. The best films leave questions open ended or implied, instead of having extra content to spell everything out.

I've always hated Darth Maul. He's the worst character in star wars in my opinion. The only thing he had going for him was the mystery similar to Boba Fett. He's character that is only cool to some people because of a long drawn out fight scene - that is also the most fake looking fight in the entire series. Loved it when I was growing up. Darth Maul's character seems interesting in Rebels. However, that doesn't redeem the fact that in the films he's one of the worst characters in the series. Kylo Ren I actually can see how he feels. He has an agenda and a personal conflict. Darth Maul had absolutely nothing.

I love how autists can honestly post shit like this and think it's rational, sane discourse

Of course Kylo Ren has to turn out to be an insecure, confused, autist hiding behind a mask that makes his voice sound scary to completely round out the movie as pure SJW

Daisey Ridley's performance would have been much more bland if it wasn't for her acting. She did a great job. Hayden Christensen's performance was awful. Now I don't necessarily blame Hayden for all of that, Lucas never gave him a situation where he could succeed. That dialogue was atrocious and even Ewan McGregor struggled to deal with the blue screens for entire movies.

I dare you to argue that DR gave a worse performance to HC to anyone who know anything about acting or film making. They will laugh you out of the room.

Again, you if you think TPM is better than TFA, nobody will take you serious. Nobody in the entire industry will agree with you.

Grow up.

meme response for the "at least its better than the prequels because it just copies ANH" meme

>Again, you if you think TPM is better than TFA, nobody will take you serious. Nobody in the entire industry will agree with you.

but niggers kikes feminism mary sue!

blow me

Keep yourself in denial if that's what makes you happy. Just don't harm anyone m8.

Only few people present actual arguments for not liking the film. Mostly is just a bunch of Sup Forumstards disguising their motives and you have to literally be autistic not to read through that.

only argument defending the film is "racist and sexist much?", so there's not much to say against that. But then again, the movie was designed to shield itself against criticism with the diverse cast and pander to nostalgia with the references and the stolen plot, I don't see what else is there to discuss on the matter

>only argument defending the film is "racist and sexist much?"
No it's not. Even ITT you see other arguments. Stop playing dumb.

yes, like mr "agree with me or people will laugh at you" up there

TFA - 8/10

FUCK OFF

adam driver is handsome

>Rey was a mary sue and an awful actor

100% agree

also agree

rogue one >

She's the daughter of Palpatine wich explains why she's so powerful

force ghost sheev would redeem this abortion of a trilogy

she's either palpy's bastard child or a force abomination like anakin

if she's obi wan's daughter i hate this series forever

Ask yourself like you'd ask a kid: did you like it?

Stop rationalizing things.

>meymeycenter

End yourself.

>babies first taste of culture war
just kys if life is so hard