Vodafone says will move to the EU unless

freedom of movement is ensured. They also announced to switch from Pound to Euro for their accounting as of right now.

theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/28/firms-plan-investment-freeze-amid-brexit-fallout-cbi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YuBygHvbBpA
bbc.co.uk/news/business-23924860
independent.co.uk/news/business/news/vodafones-84bn-tax-avoidance-bonanza-nothing-for-taxpayers-in-verizon-deal-while-bankers-share-500m-8794169.html
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/nov/08/businesses-that-dont-like-tax
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vodafone's German operation alone is larger than its British operation.

Of course it'd move.

>Of course it'd move.
But it is just one of many and it has 13,000 people in the UK.

Also, it was just announced that of the 7000 Brits working for the EU, only about 1000 will keep their job, the rest - including their families, will need to move back to the UK, that is around 15,000 to 20,000 people.

Then Tata steel assets, 13,000 steel workers and their families (in total 30,000+) might just be destitute following Brexit.

I am not saying you shouldn't leave, but I want Brits to start acknowledging that there is some pain involved.

>oh no! a bunch of corporate cocksuckers are throwing a hissy fit

This is exactly why I voted for Brexit. To fuck over the big businesses. We need small and medium size business back in this country.

Yes.

There is pain for all the people I don't like.

Most Vodafone employees aren't British anyway. They're a bunch of euroscum. French, Italians, Spanish, Poles, etc...

GTFO of my country euros.

Freedom isn't free.

You eurocucks wouldn't understand this.

Oh, we understand, we just like having food to eat more than being free

Well time for people who want democracy across europe to drop them.

>Oh, we understand, we just like having food to eat more than being free
same here.

The EU will hit UK with the best that they can get to make sure nobofy thinks to leave again.
Sadly Nigel will crash the UK plane WITH NO SURVIVORS

We must grand them refuge if they want. England is going to shit.
We cant let them hanging in thin air. They are ppl after all.

This

Be hungry and free or fed and restricted.

No man that ever feelt hunger the pain from it would choose that again.

Thats the answer of a spoild child.

> Brussels-funded CBI threatens to make thousands of Paki phone shop workers redundant.
> Surly sandniggers face the prospect of having to get other jobs.
> Literally nobody cares.

Well yes, the state could grant them citenzship. But if a private company has to shut down a department because of brexit there is not much one can or should do

Lel, so tell me, is there any field of work that do you think will start hiring people over the next to years.
Yes there is one and it's the lawyer one. Your state is going to rise taxes to pay lawyers.

It's not worth sacrificing the borders to keep them.

It's also pretty much a write off if they're already switching to Euro's.

I'll cancel my account with them next month I guess.

1. It's worth it.

2. Nothing to stop Brits just showing up and demanding welfare and jobs, like Africans and Arabs.

Plus a fucked economy is less painful than a shooting war.

>Be hungry

vs

>Be enslaved

Guess I'm blessed my country was built by Fenian swine.

youtube.com/watch?v=YuBygHvbBpA

Fuck them, worst provider I've ever been with.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Better appease the germans again!

> There is pain for all the people I don't like.

Damn taxpayers.

As an aside, never thought I'd use that phrase to describe vodafone.

Vodafone Headquarters.

Not the fucking chain shops you dipshit.

Just because you pay taxes and contribute to the economy doesn't mean you're not a cunt.

You need to accept that big corporations like Vodafone only care about profit. They have no loyalty to the nation and will relocate at the drop of the hat if it's profitable to them.

Fuck 'em.

They're still a company dickhead, they're just not going to be based in the UK anymore.

They're not hurting more anyone else in the UK.

If you're both lying on the floor bleeding, it's not really a fucking victory is it?

Fuck Vodafone.

They run a shit show organisation here and nearly went bust a few months back. (Rupert Murdoch bailed them out)

>Vodafone among firms that may shift head offices from post-Brexit UK
>may
>MAY
More fucking talk from a company that hardly employs any REAL Brits anyway and actively spies on your text messages. Look it up.

Any Brit who uses Vodafone is a traitor.

was on Vodaphone network. it use to be brilliant. now it's utter shite. moved over to giffgaff.

Hold us to ransom, don't expect people to stick with your product.

Simply create a website for patriotic brits. showing those companies that are leaving because fo Brexit and show them alternatives. it's fucking dead easy to change your mobile phone company and keep your number. just an email.

In this day and age a person with a website and social influence can have enough influence to change the the profit margins of a company.

Once they realise people aren't going to be willingly held to random and it reaches a tipping point of enough of an exodus watch them fuckign back pedal

Why would a business care so much about free movement? It's not like they need a steady supply of manual labourers from Poland either.

You fuck ups spy on ouers.

Deal with it nigger.

No, it's better to live with eu making kids toys regulations, than dying and having to do those too

Who gives a shit about Vodafone?

>Vodafone

Good they're expensive and shite anyway

Vodafone is a shit carrier.
OUT OUT OUT. EE OR BUST

Vodafone are utter shite and losing business in the UK like crazy to 3 & EE. It would actually be a good thing as the other networks (O2 specifically) have stronger ties with the UK.

Have you considered that this thread is about lost jobs and not Vodafone in it self? Where do you think those people will go? Someone will magical separate Brits and not Brits? Or will jump increase the number of unemployed people, increasing the weight of those who actually have a job?

>implying anyone cares about the pakis that work at Vodafone

Good. Come to Hungary. Budapest is one of Vodafone's largest European centers anyway. We welcome our new Vodafone overl... ...nevermind.

>muh golden shakles!
>muh shiny beads!

>Brits laking the skill of reading 2 lines at the time
> Where do you think those people will go? Someone will magical separate Brits and not Brits?

>switch from Pound to Euro for their accounting

Sure hope they don't consider this a long term investment since the EU and the euro are going to be dead in 10 years.

>Have you considered that this thread is about lost jobs and not Vodafone in it self?

Yes, but then I remembered the Vodafone are expensive and shite so felt like saying so

the end

t. pakistan

I'd count that as a victory. But I'm Australian.

Free movement would only be a dealbreaker for them if they didn't really intend to hire many Brits, anyway. So it's either they employ foreigners in the UK or they employ foreigners elsewhere. For normal British people, their departure would mean less competition for decent housing. Cry me a river.

the lost jobs go into related industries, i.e companies who still stay here. or they retrain and go into a different field. Or on the dole.

Basically, the same decisions that people are faced when companies entrench people before or after Brexit.

Companies will get rid of as many employees as they can when it doesn't' affect their bottom line. You can be sure that AI, increased automation like driverless cars, lorries will decimate jobs across not only low-skilled manual positions but also white collar professions.

What happens to those people who have emigrated here when that happens to them? They ain't going home that's for sure. They'll be anchored here sucking on the teat of the welfare state. I'd rather have fewer people in because these the more that come, will eventually create a massive benefits bill that we will not be able to afford.

>not wanting the state to collapse so you can start the purge

it's like I'm not in Sup Forums anymore

So you do not expect that the high skill unemployment will skyrocket? That sounds optimistic

Call for a boycott on any company who leaves after Brexit.

Traitorous swine.

who cares? bt needs more love

nobody in the UK is starving, and EU nations are on the verge of actually losing national sovereignty to the EU

I don't understand why any of you want to stay in the EU

You literally don't get anything out of it you couldn't still get without it, and you actually lost your right to self determination as a cohesive nation, people, and culture.

You're absolutely fucked in the head is what you are.

asylum is only for non-white non-christians

Why would it? The EU's on the verge of collapsing, anyone with a lick of business sense is moving operations into the UK, not out of it.

This entire "UK shot themselves in the foot" idiocy is first of all, propaganda started by upset (((elites))) with useful idiots (you) to parrot the memes to the proles, and second of all an attempt to obfuscate the fact that it's the EU in trouble with more nations likely to leave in the near future, not the UK that is in trouble.

Vodafone is a load of shite anyway, shite service, shite contracts and pakis for support.

Their goes their corporation tax.

Oh wait.

Why do we pretend as if anybody cares? Corporations switch locations all the time.

Except it's false, Italy gains so much from eu. Without it Italy would be wiped. The only sensible laws implemented in Italy are eu ones. Italy would run much better without sovereignty.

Regarding colture, that is a problem you ask you self only when you have already eaten, not before. Yes maybe every state of Europe will adopt Germany colture, but that one is still better than 99% of the others.

Seconding, mass boycott of vodajew when?

What small/medium business is the UK capable of?

Haven't read a single article about someone moving to England.

If you think that any country using euro will leave Europe you have no understanding of Europe.
There is just no way a state can stop using euro without a 10 year plan to implement the structural reformes needed to do so. No County but Germany can survive the chance from euro to something else without a civil war.

Why in the world would you move business into the UK? We live in a globalized economy, not some sort of anti-globalist wonderland. There's no turning back.

>Why in the world would you move business into the UK?

Low taxes, ease of doing business and the lack of corruption. This is why a lot of countries in the EU cannot attract investment.

If you do business in Italy or France, that means bribing people in private industry and in the public sphere. These countries corruptly favour domestic industry.

Oh, a lot of them are fucked, too. They just don't make it in the news...sadly

Yes except that for the next two years you will need to call the lawyer to know if you can sign on not every piece of paper brought to you.
Except that one cannot hire Brits because he has no idea what will happen
Except market taxation could change overnight

To do finance you need stability, and stability is the thing Britain gave up

They have been saying that since it started...it never collapsed and it looks like it won't.

Maybe learn to speak English because you're not making sense m8

The UK is the same as it ever was. The reason why we have enlarged financial sector is because investors want a firewall between them and the corruption, state interference and bankruptcy in the eurozone.

There is short term uncertainty about market access but the EU is an irrelevance to the vast majority of UK enterprises.

>britain becomes destitute third world country
>people flee in droves, hoping for a better life in europe
>get turned back at calais
>no freedom of movement

Fuck Vodafone, their connection is shit.

>autocomplete cuts 2 letters at the end of a word
>Muh do not understand
Still proves you can't read.

>.theguardian
after months of lies and propaganda, why are you listening to the Guardian?
They distinguished themselves as Blairite cunts and have turned their backs on true labour supporters. fuck them and the Independent.

The EU increases the personal freedom. As I EU citizens I can choose from 27 countries to work and live in, without any visa formalities.
The EU increases souvereignity as todays power comes from making the rules in world. As a the world's biggest economy we cannot be pushed around by the Americans or the Chinese. If Europeans would be divided, we would be little players in a game, where the other powers make the rules.

Yes but England export financial services not food. Why shuld someone prefer London to frankfourt if England is not the open market?

Better back down goy!

Wouldn't want to displease the big multinationals now would we?

In the open market *

Well since Vodafone don't pay taxes here and the amount they owe the UK would cover the benefit system I say good residence.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-23924860

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/vodafones-84bn-tax-avoidance-bonanza-nothing-for-taxpayers-in-verizon-deal-while-bankers-share-500m-8794169.html

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/nov/08/businesses-that-dont-like-tax

lel..yeah back to 1600 amigo.

I don't think I know anyone that uses Vodafone

>The EU increases the personal freedom.

By crippling national governments, taking away the ability for the individual to elect leaders who then enact the law they want.

>The EU increases sovereignty

Tell that to people in Greece, paying 24% VAT against their will. Tell that to the countries being flooded with migrants, being threatened by the EU with funding cuts if they build a fucking fence.

Your bankrupt euro German empire is failing. Admit the facts, go back to making cars.

maybe that way we don't have to deal with indian tech support anymore

cannot believe what I'm reading.
that someone would actually say all that.
thank god brits pulled out when we did as to end up like, so unempowered.

>British people vote to leave the EU
>Company decides to move to Europe because bitch fit.
>British people switch to a different company.

Sounds like a great way to do business. Hopefully all their foreign employees move back to europe with them.

Who cares dude?
This system is not working. What makes you think nation can be held hostage by big money?

A lot of companies will look elsewhere until this situation is resolved, this kind of uncertainty is never good for investment.

>increases personal freedom
It won't be long before you're taken away to the reformation centers because you're being radicalized by dangerous ideologies on 4 Chan.

Agreed. The European Soviet Union has just fucked up an entire generation.

The Soviet Union didn't collapse with the Berlin Wall, they took it down piece by piece so they could move their headquarters from Moscow to Brussels.

Eh, never been to Italy right?
The other day I saw a politician comming from the south that was part of the North league, menacing a random girl that he would have sued her because she expressed a political opinion while working for city council (behind closed doors, not in public ). He later changed his mind when he noticed that her manager (who he knew personally), would have been involved as well.

If you never witnessed populism, abuse of power and nepotism all the same time you don't know what it means being a 2-3 tier state

Half the businesses in our country want to move to the UK to cut down their tax bill. Obama has been finding creative (read: illegal) ways to shut it down. When's the last time you opened a newspaper, Sparky?

Obviously the EU isn't keeping your drinking water safe because you are clearly insane.

If you think the EU Isn't/can't be pushed around by the us, you need to be committed.

At the very most basic level, you have one energy source that isnt protected entirely by the us military and that would be Russia. If it wasn't for the us, you would all be Russia's little bitch. The same applies to all of your off continent trade routes.

If you don't think that doesn't manifest itself in every facet of your economy.....

Nigga nobody is starving in first world countries. Why do you keep bringing up food? Go eat something and shut the fuck up.

vodaphone started at still operates in my home town. hope this doesnt effect me to much

The brit made the exaggerate call that eu was stealing their sovereignty by making kids toys regulations and I made the exaggerated claim that I will not eat without money.

>13 000 in the UK
Yes but hardly in the HQ.

First of all, the majority of Vodafone's employees - even the ones living in the UK - are not British nationals.

Secondly, we don't give a fuck. This was a vote against big business. We're more than ready to take a financial hit if it means we can preserve our sovereignty and cultural identity from those who would sacrifice everything on the altar of capitalism.

Plenty and I'm certain will see plenty more in the aftermath of Brexit.

You're thinking short term.

I know it might be difficult to believe, especially as a German, but it is possible to not only survive but thrive outside the EU.

The EU is a failed state. Just like the Soviet Union before it. Both were born of noble ideals but both became corrupted and lost sight of those ideals when the power hungry took over.

>>The EU increases the personal freedom.
>By crippling national governments, taking away the ability for the individual to elect leaders who then enact the law they want.

I did go vote for the EU parliament, didn't you? Anyway, England will soon have elected who won't have any power at all. They will always have to say yes and amen to every rule China, the EU and the US is sending there way.

>Tell that to people in Greece, paying 24% VAT against their will. Tell that to the countries being flooded with migrants, being threatened by the EU with funding cuts if they build a fucking fence.
Sigh, if you borrow money and you can't pay back you have to raise the money somehow or you will never get any at all. They did not have to raise the VAT to 24%, they could have raised the money in another way. But I guess all the other options would were even less attractive.