How religious are you?

How religious are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not

More religious than most americans, apparently

2/10

A friend of a friend of a friend told me he knew a guy who knew magic 2000 years ago.

2/10 because I don't entirely exclude the theoretical possibility of a God existing. But organized religion is illogical.

I pray to allah at least 20 times a day
I hope the 70 virgins thing isn't a joke

>wanting giant translucent skeleton virgins

I believe in God, and the fact that Jesus died for my sins. But I also don't believe that occurred on this planet. Nor do I believe that God has interferred with the Universe since he created it.

The fact that the Bible states that all of the things occurred on Earth is simply due to the fact that they were written by humans. If God wanted the truth he would've written it himself.

was baptized orthodox but now I don't give a shit

>I believe in the Bible except when I choose not to
Fuck outta here, you got some weak ass faith

translucent women are my fetish
I wouldn't be a mudslime otherwise

Not religious at all and have never even been desu.

I'm an atheist

No

Deism is the only way of explaining why God didn't write the bible.

I am an atheist.

Religion is not very big over here.

No

i have an OCD but i'm not religious

Roman catholic

I'm officially lutheran but god and religion are pretty much exclusively for muslims and weird socially isolated christian study groups now

I also believe that if the bible would have been true, then it would have been written as if God was talking to a child from 2000 years ago. A god would talk to a person on a level that he would understand it. With metaphors and simplified facts.

But im not religious.

Not religious at all.

lmao

don't really care and know that I'm too dumb to argue a position

I'll just be a lazy agnostic instead

Some impressive mental gymnastics right there

>sola scriptura
Cherry picking parts of a religion which happen to be convenient to you is hypocritically but at the same time you need to be wise enough to discern what probably is true or isn't true. Way too many issues exist with the Bible involving the social and political contex during the composition of the various books, translation issues and the interpretations of various theologians to simply say "hang on the bible word for word."

>God needs to conform to me and what I think is right

>wahhh it's too hard so obviously deism is the right choice

A very smart and Gnostic interpretation, which states Jesus's passion was for all dimensions and that everyone saw jesus how they were. To angels, Jesus appeared as an angel. to men, Jesus appeared as a man. To gods, Jesus appeared as a god. ect.

Here an example of people that will never know how is to celebrate Easter.

the worst religion meme is that the earth is too perfect for humans to exist naturally

if it weren't that perfect we wouldn't be around to think about how perfect it is for us. fucking brainlet runts

I'm going to KICK YOUR AS- and by that I mean turn the other cheek, but please stop corrupting god's word.

If it were that fucking perfect we wouldn't die of drinking water from an african pond or having a few fleas or mosquitoes killing thousands of us

Easter. Is. PAGAN.

>the worst religion meme is that the earth is too perfect for humans to exist naturally
This is a retarded assumption
But it's not necessarily not based in reality

Science says that it's like a 1/quadrillion chance a planet would ever develop life and then 1/quintilion that it'd develop any intelligence, and then a 1/decillion that it'd develop something as intelligent as humans

found it gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html

>Jesus took them all by stealth, for he did not appear as he was, but in the manner in which they would be able to see him. He appeared to them all. He appeared to the great as great. He appeared to the small as small. He appeared to the angels as an angel, and to men as a man. Because of this, his word hid itself from everyone. Some indeed saw him, thinking that they were seeing themselves, but when he appeared to his disciples in glory on the mount, he was not small. He became great, but he made the disciples great, that they might be able to see him in his greatness.

Religious enough to believe in the literal Resurrection and the existance of angels.

>celebrating the Resurrection of Christ is pagan
Don't think so, buddy.

I'm not religious at all, I have faith but not in a dogmatic way.

well that's the whole point. those 99.999% probability worlds don't have any humans to observe the process, it's a non point

>lets talk to someone in a way he wont understand :^)

Is there a more hypocritical time of the year than Holy Week?

So? 1/quintillion or whatever is still not equal to 0

I'm catholic

Not very. I can't prove that God exists or that he doesn't exists, so I just live my life.

1/10.

I don't believe in miracles, abrahamic religions, spirits, ghosts, magic etc. and pretty much any superstition. I believe though in some higher power that may have caused the creation of our universe. Whether that may be a different civilization or a bearded sky man is irrelevant; that fits the definition of god for me.

0/10 but I love the some of the traditions made by our religion

I'm an atheist
so not at all

Hail Eris.

Recite Apostles creed if you're a real christian

The churchgoing tradition is very weak in Norway, even among those who consider themselves Christian, so that kind of conservative Lutheranism was never really a part of my life. My parents were conservative Christians from a Norwegian point of view though, so I was "forced" into going to Sunday school, and singing in a Christian children's choir from a young age. Not saying I would've changed that if I could, I have some great memories from those early years and met many nice people.

Anyway. Ended up quitting the choir out of boredom when I was about 11. This was very disappointing to my parents as my older siblings had been active in the Christian community until they were adults. All that was left was the Christian youth club my dad and uncle ran, which I quit shortly after.

As the school years went by I started questioning religion more and more. Few of my friends and classmates were religious, and some of the ones who were scared me with their dedication to God and Jesus. Worth noting I grew up in a small town in the Norwegian Bible Belt, where the craziest Norwegian Christians live. By then, my faith was already weak, and I didn't want to end up like those people, so the road to atheism was rather short. Became an atheist when I was 13, and that was the last nail in the coffin for that part of my life.

Still decided to have my confirmation in the church when I was 14. Mostly due to the social stigma, and to please my relatives. Back then I think about 80% of the Norwegian children my age had a Christian confirmation, and the day itself was more of a cultural celebration with very little religion involved. After that day I've only visited church once (excluding ceremonies for friends and family), on Christmas Eve eight years ago. It had been the only day of the year I would visit church for about three years. Another cultural tradition.

That said, I still consider myself a cultural/secular Christian. I celebrate Easter, Christmas and so on, and consider Sunday a day of rest. Would also like a church wedding, and will most definitely opt for a church funeral. My (hypothetical) children will not be baptized in the church though, I feel like that's a choice they should make themselves when they're old enough to decide for themselves.

I guess I would score a 1/10 or 2/10 on the question 'How religious are you?'.