Band Geeks was the last episode of Spongebob aired before 9/11 and symbolically marked the end of the prosperous 90s...

>Band Geeks was the last episode of Spongebob aired before 9/11 and symbolically marked the end of the prosperous 90s and american optimism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hMyActacNgo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

O rly?

>Squidward represents both the terrorists victorious over defeating the U.S. spirit and the Bush Administration trampling on the freedoms of Americans
>Squilliam represents the American public, defeated and forever traumatized by the events that occurred
the world would never be the same

>the tail end of 2001 marked the end of the '90s
You're not very smart, are you?

the first few years in any decade is still very reminiscent of the previous one

you must be underage if you think 9/11 didnt destroy any happy vibes from the 90s and 00s

I bet your think the '60s began in 1960 and ended in 1969.

THE WINNER TAKES ALL

I always thought the episode where he tries to steal the recipe was an allegory for the shoah but then again that's just me

Welcome to how numbers work.

youtube.com/watch?v=hMyActacNgo

FLAG TWIRLERS LET'S MOVE

you start counting at 1, not 0.

The 1960s were 1961-1970 you dip

>destroy any happy vibes from the 90s and 00s
Not him, but what the fuck does this even mean?
Do you think that the world was happy and carefree until 2001?

It sounds like the opinion of someone who isn't even old enough to have clear memories from before 9/11, and instead measures the state of the world by his own happiness/nostalgia.

This desu. Actually, despite being a nice as fuck decade the '90s weren't optimistic at all for some reason. Everything was edgy and grimdark and post-apocalyptic. And I know most people didn't seriously buy into Y2K but just think about how many movies, tv shows, video games, etc. came out in the '90s that were based on the world ending in or around 2000, it was such a huge meme. That can't be a sign of optimism.

Also is this thread autosaging?

can i get a quick gestalt on this?

technically the 60s did end in august 1969 because of the Charles Manson Murders.

>Taps
>Squidward just curling into a ball
Will never not be funny.

>People born after 9/11 will be able to post here in two years time

IT'S THE THRILL OF ONE MORE KILL

When the fuck will this goddamn meme end. Yes there is some bleedover but you have to be fucking stupid to push this.

The 90s were only a good decade to be a child in. Optimism ended after the 80s.

damn...

Name one thing bad about the '90s that doesn't apply to the decades before and after it other than the aforementioned grimdark edginess.

You probably think the feel good of your dick ends at your balls don't you?

Lets be honest the 90s fad didnt leave till 2003

>prosperous 90s and american optimism

>aggressive Middle Eastern foreign policy
>unsuspected fringe economic turns
>bigger promotion of violence in music and media
>fickle social causes similar to modern ones
>uncovering of sexual crimes by North American and European political elites

That's how trends work moron

>Aired in Sept. 2001
>Implying Writing and production didn't start until Dec. 2000 at the latest.
>Autism prevents you from realizing people reminisce on recent events or feelings.

I feel so fucking old, i thought i'd be cruising in space by 2017 when this episode came out but instead there's shitskins and rampant marxism everywhere

Send help and WW3 quick

Sup Forumsitics aside I love this episode. Squidward not only finally getting what he wants but shaming his rival (who dies of a heart attack) in this spectacular public event with this obscure kickass rock song playing. Every kid lost their shit for this episode.

That final freeze frame moment of Squid jumping into the air makes me happy.

tupac died

>they didn't start posting here since they were about 13

This. They've been here for at least 2 years already. And we've had people too young to remember for another 5 years on top of that.

yeah, the 90s were great