What the hell is wrong with richard linklater?

what the hell is wrong with richard linklater?

There was a dude on a site discussing this very topic.

I'll send you the Linklater.

nothing, he's a champion director who consistently makes comfy camaraderie-based films and who I would like to sinnk some beers with

Nothing. Based as fuck director that manages to always get really natural performances and the master of the slice of life story.

>that very special feel when you see Richard Linklater and Ethan Hawke sitting together at the Oscars

>TFW you'll never feel irl the way linklater films make you feel

What's the point anymore?

You little freshmen sluts!

Try romanticising your own life as though it's a novel/movie. it's narcissistic but it can help from time to time

At the time I saw this movie, there was a young girl I know who had been homeschooled all her life, but had just started public high school in her freshman year. I loved her so much because of how nice and innocent she is, and this scene made me feel sick. I was worried to death about what they were doing to her.

She's 16 now. She's still pretty innocent, except I did hear her say "ass" once.

this movie any good?

Best high school movie.

It's not bad. I'm not really sure what the point of it is though. It feels to me like it glorifies underage drug use and laziness.

That's high school.

He is from Texas.

It's like a comedy that's not funny

No way parents would allow that kind of treatment these days.

I'll put it to you this way...he's really popular on Reddit

go on

That's all. She's super nice and I think she's still a virgin, so everything's okay.

nice
congrats

I hope she stays in my life forever.

pics of her pusy pls?

Do you think I'd love her as much as I do if pictures like that existed?

>checking out your sister
what did linklater mean by this??

>dat sub-font
repulsive

>slice of life
>story
I hate it when you people think these can coexist. His movies are about nothing.

fast times is better

Parker Posey was already 34 when she filmed this. Did they really think that she could pass for a 12th grader?

No, Brick, maybe its just because it reminds me so much of my high school and all the people I knew.

she was born in 1968. this movie was made in 1993.

Nice

You don't know what the word 'story' means. Pick up an English dictionary.
What you meant to say was, "I don't find these stories interesting".

>his movies are about nothing

Heh

As far as high school coming of age goes I think The Edge Of Seventeen was more wholesome. Dazed And Confused is a classic in its own right, however.

Why do teen movies from the 70's and movies portraying teens from the 70's seem to make life so shitty or mean-spirited? I remember the 70's as a happier decade. Rock 'N' Roll High School and That 70's Show were accurate representations, not Dazed and Confused, Carrie, Over the Edge, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, etc.

..how is life shitty or mean-spirited in the slightest in Dazed&Confused?

nah, senpai. The Last Picture Show is the true high school kino.

parker posey was so fucking hot in this

noice