Wow. Could this be the first series to ever have back to back masterpiece seasons?

Wow. Could this be the first series to ever have back to back masterpiece seasons?

are we /themist/ now?

What is this from? =) Source pls.

Stranger Things 2 trailer from tonight's superb owl.

I missed the first episode of superb owl ? Fuck.

>back to back masterpiece seasons?
I'd hardly call the first season a masterpiece user. Also, what's with this teaser making people completely forget S1's problems, and now worshiping it as the most perfect show on Netflix? Are we being raided by Reddit?

Yeah it was great. Minor spoiler but... He's started building the wings...

WE LOVECRAFT NOW

Reminds me of Bloodborne, yaknow, giant spider in the sky , maybe pretending to be the moon or some such horrifying thing?

>raided

user hate to remind you but this is reddit 1.5 since TD S1 or even earlier

>first series ever
From season 2 The Simpsons had like 6 back to back outstanding seasons

You only have to look at /got/ to see the extent of the reddit cancer

Season 1 was a fucking shit.

Goddamn this board is the biggest pleb central ever.

South Park
Rick and Morty
The Boondocks
Futurama
Bojack Horseman
It's Always Sunny
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
House of Cards

anybody gonna say what the fuck it is?

ripped off from hellboy

Yeah this is embarrassing.

This is the kind of show that I won't watch but will enjoy spending a couple hours reading about all the weird stuff and monsters on Wiki lol

DUDE

LOVECRAFT

LMAO

a list of reddit shows or?

Reddit: The List

Stranger Things is a Prequel to The Mist.

I wish 10 Cloverfield Lane was actually a sequel to Cloverfield.

This looks intriguing to be honest, first season was just meh though

s1 was good but not even close to kino

You didn't miss much

It's your typical
>owl is an idiot, his crow wife is so smart and always berating him for his stupidity
shit, fucking garbage

this.

>The strained acting,
>the gaping plot holes and predictability,
>the massive, insufferable attempts at aping style from Speilberg, Carpenter, Craven, etc.

this, it looks exactly like a fucking Amygdala

>DUDE WORLDENDING ELDRITCH ABOMINATION ONLY KIDS CAN STOP LOL!

naaah

ill pass

Giant starfish are scurry :((((

>first series to ever have back to back masterpiece seasons?
What? No, fuck off you fucking 12 year old. Simpsons, The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men, Futurama, I could go on, but no this won't be the first ever series to chain together two perfect seasons. Fuck off and die.

>let's do the same shit in season 2
>but make everything bigger
Fuck you, stupid hollywood.

H I V E M I N D

I wish it was a giant starfish. That would be more original.

The best thing about Stranger Things is comfy 80s atmosphere. Warm vintage vibe of the golden age of humanity. Trees were big, music was good and pussies were hairy.

The 80s is fucking boring. It should take place in the 50s.

>It's just a dream sequence
l o l

I hope it's just about Mike and the other kids find some new supernatural thing and adventure. Eleven was the worst part of the show.

50s is good only for noir detective alco shit. There's no way it could be interesting having kids for 70% of time on screen.

>what is Daredevil
>what is Flash

>Sup Forums liked Stranger Things
>Stranger Things got popular
>Sup Forums hates Stranger Things

>50s is good only for noir detective alco shit. There's no way it could be interesting having kids for 70% of time on screen.

Hate to break it to you, but it's been reddit here since 2012.

I hate it because it's shit.

I don't hate it, I enjoyed it, I just think It's overrated and the culture we have today about media entertainment means people will completely overlook the flaws in it. It's like a solid 6.5/10. It's got some good aspects too it, It's enjoyable enough that I'd recommend it and am looking forward to the next season but lets not pretend like It didn't have it's issues.

I think people fundamentally don't understand reactionary behaviour and contrarianism. Stranger Things is fine, It's decent. But because so many people claim It's amazing, so many other people feel compelled to say it's shit just there is balance. They go hand in hand. You can't have contrarianism without also having unwarranted excessive praise.

>I hate it because I'm shit.
ftfy

me too

>Andy Griffith Show
>The Twilight Zone
>The Wonder Years
>Granada Sherlock Holmes (with Jeremy Brett)
>Simpsons seasons 2 > 8
>LOST

It was alright just wasn't amazing like everyone claims. Better than most Netflix schlock

>WE CTHULHU NOW

it'd be hard for them to fuck it up

just make it comfy with decent music

DUDE LOLTH LMAO

member DnD?
member ET?
member Goonies?
member Alien?
member The Thing?
member high school?

>member DnD?
Hate it.
>member ET?
Hate it.
> member Goonies?
Hate it.
>member Alien?
That's good.
>member The Thing?
That's good too.
>member high school?

Should I finish stranger things? I ended up dropping it at the second to last episode, just didn't really give a shit about any of the characters.

To be fair Simpsons season 1 is watchable at least

It has a really quiet eerie tone to it

to unlock an achievement? sure
to enjoy it? doubtful

the last episodes were forgettable as fuck so I don't think so

A small clique evolved around ST. Don't lump the entirety of those cunts with Sup Forums. Poofter.

fuck off back to kings cross cunt

>the last episodes were forgettable as fuck so I don't think so

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNIIIIIINNNNNNNNN REDDIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I can't remember them, which for a season final isn't a good sign, nothing stuck out to me really except the tease for a season 2.

Do you fucking reddit plebs need everything laid out right in front of you?

>Are we being raided by Reddit?
we are reddit
if you dont know this you are from 9gag

user you're just a contrarian faggot fuck off back to 9gag.

No it wouldn't, it'd just be compared to Starro

Hope they upped their CGI budget, first season was kinda lacking.

What's to hate about DnD?

For some reason this movie really takes me back to my childhood days of going to blockbuster video store.
I remember when I was like 9 and my moms close friend had a daughter (19-20) who worked at the local video store. My mom arranged for the schoolbus to drop me off there because my mom worked late.
It was cool. She let me play on the PS2 display cabinet. And watch movies. And during her breaks she used to make me play this game in the backroom where I had to lie down and she'd climb on top and try to tickle me, but the twist was that she "wasnt allowed to use her hands". She invented this game and basically would dry-hump me for like 10-15 minutes at a time.

She'd be there hard grinding against my confused boner and heavy breathing, making noises and the whole time I'd be smiling like an idiot because I thought I was winning.

>mfw I realized years later she was using me to get off

Nobody knows who your random DC villain is. It would be more original than DUDE TENTACLES or CLOVERFIELD BRAH.

it looks ok... I guess...

I just hope... we get to see more minorities... and genders~

Same

no that would be Babylon 5 seasons 3 and 4
it's like a novel

Haven't seen first season.

But big monsters are god-tier so maybe I watch it before second season comes.

Or is this just some kids fantasy? There is no big spider destroing town?

>79154583
>outed as reddit and plebeian taste

Time to get the fuck out, faggot.

tis the Sup Forums way
t. Sup Forums

>absolute skepticism in philosophy postulates that we don't know anything and can never know anything — it is looked down upon in the field because it requires no thought or mental work and doesn't explain anything but is still a valid theory

This is you contrarians, you are the absolute skeptics of critique, you aren't contributing anything worthwhile.

dropped stranger things after 2 or 3 eps

spoiler me

things got strange

things got stranger

>this much butthurt

Just admit you have no taste and fuck off, chil

Mike kissed El

it's dr stranger

was it hot?

The 50s are fucking boring. It should take place in the 20s.

ok

>it has a gigantic monster in it
>it must be a masterpiece
American logic

>Time to get the fuck out, faggot.
now thats some spicy tryhard.

It was adorable :3

If Sup Forums had magically enforced no shitposting rules it would be the slowest board on Sup Forums desu. There are like what, four or five genuine replies in this entire thread?

>If you don't agree with OP you're shitposting
ok

the entire thing is a homage to the golden age of horror/sci-fi. why would 'attempts' at imitation be a flaw when it's literally what is intended? the directors aren't carpenter et al, they just simulate it with a constrained budget and child actors. this isn't a fucking bela tarr movie, you inbred, nobody's expecting cinema heritage to be developed here.

At the end of the last episode the kids are fighting a Thessalhydra in D&D. I'm guessing that's what they're going to call this thing. Like the Demogorgon it isn't meant to be a 1:1 version of that creature, but it's interesting that the Thessalhydra and the Greek monster it's based off can regrow their heads, whereas this thing seems to have a lot of legs -- and some of them fork into two. Maybe it can regrow two new legs if one of them gets cut off by something... bigger? I don't think we can gather much information from this teaser and the season itself will probably leave a lot to the imagination as well.

>this isn't a fucking bela tarr movie, you inbred, nobody's expecting cinema heritage to be developed here.

>masterpiece

Clearly inbreds like OP are.

20's was such a shit decade it should take place 1800's

/r/asoiaf blows the got general out of the fucking water. Sup Forums has become a worse place for talking about game of thrones than Reddit.

1800's are literally rose-tinted nostalgia pleb tier tho, 1300's were the shit

To be honest the OP itself has a shitpost-y vibe, but at least it's obvious that it's trying to be a discussion thread for the S2 teaser. The rest are bashing the show for being popular in an attempt to build cred on an anonymous image board.

honestly, I've never seen this show but I remember it was liked straight away.

I literally only saw positive opinions about this show here when it came out.