Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

shouldve been gunther

How could they afford these huge Manhattan apartments?

I can never connect with hardly any TV shows due to this, even the "poor people" seem to have money coming out of nowhere.

THEY WERE ON A RENT CONTROOOOL!

why did ross even want rachel after she got plowed by that floreign guy with the confirmed massive cock. i'd be too insecure to go near that pussy after that. she's damaged goods

How the fuck does that work? Can I waltz into a $2 million place and rent it for $1000 a month? Where do I sign up? Also who are the retards giving those for rent instead of selling?

Monica's apartment belonged to her grandmother and Rachel paid rent to her.
Ross was pretty wealthy from being a professor.
Joey was rich from Days of Our, as was Chandler from his "office" job.
Phoebe's apartment belonged to one of her relatives as well.

They were illegally subletting from Monica's grandmother or some shit like that. Due to rent control that stopped the rent from going up as fast as it would have gone up for a newly-moved-in person. Also Monica's parents were fucking loaded and probably helped her out for the months where she couldn't pay.

Chandler on the other hand had a very lucrative job and basically took Joey in as company, and Ross simply had money.

College professors, telenovela actors and mid-level managers don't make shit

The jewish one.
/discussion

Says the unemployed neet

Rachel is a bitch and ross is a complete beta faggot

So they are perfect together

Does that make it untrue?

They were on a break

Depends what you mean by "make shit"

Are you coming from a 90's perspective? Are you a millenial who saw it in retrospect and doesn't really know economics from that period? Are you over/underestimating the cost of renting or living?

These people weren't rich in the 90s and they aren't rich now. According to one estimate the rent for these places is over 60k a year. Yes I know it was already explained in the thread about rent control etc. , I'm talking about pure numbers

So context is irrelevant?

I'm addressing the later stage of the discussion as opposed to the premise that started it

Ross was such a smug, insufferable twat. And Phoebe could have been cut out of the show entirely and it wouldn't have made a bit of difference.

the real answer is that people like to see normal people in comfy apartments, so they blabla'd in some rent controll or some shit.
they don't want to watch RICH people, but they do like comfy rooms

I think some guy claimed that half the reason two and a half men got so popular was that every location looked so damn comfy, but I'm too lasy to look it up

Rachel, always Rachel

This. Phoebe was always completely pointless.

>not subscribing to the book of the phoebe-fu
>current year
ISHIGGYDIGGY

Ross was a beta faggot and Rachel was a tipical stupid whore.

Phoebe was actually a high class expensive call girl, but she'd adopt this bag lady persona when off work in hopes of not being found out.

it's canon.

That was her sister

They used to work "together" if you catch my drift.

That's why they had a strained relationship, her sister knew they'd make more money together but Phoebe wanted to go solo.

The woman is always wrong.

Ross deserves it though for being such a cuckolded bitch.

As a dedicated Aniston fapper I have to admit that i'd tell her anything she'd want to hear.