Steve is the most ulikeabke and least funny, right?

Steve is the most ulikeabke and least funny, right?

no, steve is the best

>it's a Karl apologist thinks he is actually a misunderstood genius episode

Actually it's Ricky

Steve is at least occasionally tries to understand Karl's dimwitted ramblings, but Ricky is just a cringy cunt towards anyone and everyone because he knows he's the boss and can get away with it.

He's not as stupid as the show makes him look. He says a lot of stuff that make sense and have a good point but still gets ridiculed like "If had a clone how would I know which ones the real me?"

Also he's effortlessly a comedy genius

Ricky is hilarious though. The show wouldn't be the same if he wasn't such a bully and a stirred the pot. He got way more wit than Steve too

From the small amount I've listened to it seems like Steve is the sort of guy that would normally be pretty low in the social pecking order and so makes up for it by punching down on Karl. Karl comes across fairly humble and and secure in himself.

Yeah I'm a Karl fan but he isn't some sort of savant he's just an average bloke. I do like it when Ricky and Steve try to seem smart and just come off sounding like pretentious mongs though. Whoever people like and dislike though it would never have worked without the three of them.

You are correct

It mekes me livid when Ricky and Steve try to sound like intellectuals, strangely enough it only started happing on the podcasts.

they're all nice people. get over it you dickheads. all of them are funny in their ways, and work great together. especially ricky and steve. fuck all of you.

lets talk about the important things: who was in the right here? pic related

It did happen on the radio show too. Like when Ricky tried to explain determinism or the infinite monkey theory. But everything was cranked up a few notches in the podcasts. Season 1 of the radio show is goat though.

I love Karl but Steve was clearly in the right. Karl was out of order for not giving him the 50p

I genuinely can't decide who was in the right.In theory Steve,but in reality Karl. Who cares about 50p

They all work pretty well off each other.

Now fuck off.

>That problem hole/problem bowl bit where Steve wants to give Karl a platform but Ricky wont shut the fuck up

God that was annoying

>LOL HE SAID PROBLEM BALLS LETS MAKE A PENIS JOKE

>Ricky is hilarious
No.

Bad taste. His annoyance and wit are pretty great

He's the wittiest of the three. Karl becomes the most unlikeable once you realize he's a scripted character making stories up

I agree, Compare Season 1 Karl to Season 2, 3 and 4 and Podcast Karl.

Season 1, he just seemed like an ignorant but normal bloke, he used to laugh a lot but it was amusing to bounce stuff off him. Utterly genuine I think. - Ricky and Steve realised they had a gold mine on their hands.

They made up funny stuff for him to say In Season 2 onwards, wacky characters used to keep showing up, Auntie Nora, Smelly Susan off the estate, horse in the house, tattoo stan...

>So Karl, when I say "Karl's doing nothing, he's a lazy producer" - we want a bit of banter, so say to steve "But I got you a badly drawn boy album" and then back and forth a bit

Karl tells the same stories across the XFM shows, Podcasts, Idiot abroad, slightly tweaked all the time to make them "funnier"

-There's nothing wrong with Karl being scripted, every piece of comedy you've ever loved and laughed at was scripted, but it does take away a little of his charm

So how do you view this show

as

>"Famous comedians Steve and Ricky laughing at a gloomy, backwards madman and his bizarre life"

or as

>"salt-of-the-earth eccentric Karl Pilkington wryly humors a pair of educated, haughty, guffawing twats"

scripted is the wrong word to use

I actually hate Pilkington the most cause I don't like stupid people, I mean yea you laugh at them once in a while but that doesn't mean you like him.(a stupid good looking girl is another thing)
What's worse with Pilkington is that he doesn't say I don't know very often and he comes up with those moronic stories that's where the humor comes from I suppose.
Next I think Gervaise is a self entitled piece of shit, that throws arrogant BS and diva shit. He used to do quality stuff and look at him now.
From the 3 I like Steve the most, yea he's ugly and mostly untalented and I wouldn't let him near my kids cause he looks creepy and I wouldn't shake his hand cause he's a wanker but If I had to choose which I like more I would choose Steve.

>What's worse with Pilkington is that he doesn't say I don't know very often and he comes up with those moronic stories

I don't know if you're from the UK or not, but if not, there are people like Karl about, who always think they know something and are ignorant as fuck but will always have some explanation for everything or some half story they heard or embellished. It's a working class trope.

>there are
I still don't like em.

>it's a Steve has had enough of Karl's shit episode

What's the right word?

Bozwollocks

they say in one podcast that they act like on purpose when karls with them

Definitely the second. I can't even imagine what sort of a cunt you must be to enjoy the show without seeing Karl as some kind of Zen master. It becomes some kind of shallow bully humor unless he isn't.

second

There all funny in there own way and all make me laugh which is what makes the show so good

as for likeability for me Karl > Steve > Ricky

no you mong. steve funniest to anyone iq >120
just try to listen karl without ricky howling,

Hes done you again

>most ulikeabke and least funny
>in a group containing ricky gervais
Mate, that's fucking harsh

>comparing the times when Steve was a tfw no gf loser nerd and when he got rich and famous but kept pretending to be one

Steve is the straight man
Ricky is the antagonist
Karl is the wildcard

The chemistry of all 3 is what made the show what it was.

these

sorry come again?

>its a Steve finds someones card in a cash point and returns it with a reward for him self episode

Ricky's great on the show but insufferable everywhere else.

WOW you can get 7/10 to have sex with you if your rich and famous.Amazing!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

*GASP*

KARL YOU'RE A MORON

*GASP GASP*

STEVE HE'S MENTAL

AHJAJAJAJAJAJAHAJAHAJA

Why would you disparage any of them?

Fuck you cancerous cunt

I'm convinced he was still a virging during early XFM

do you think he had himself cut for her?

>Karl (on clones / dopplegangers) How would I know which one I was
>ricky: HAHAHA YOU FUCKING IDIOT

smug fat cunt

well go on mate go on. no no i want to hear what you think of this continue

*snicker*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA
*repeats karl's line in high pitch voice*
OH MY G*D AHAHAHAAA

Stephen is the funniest one, then again none of them are funny by themselves.

Ricky is the least funny one but people seem to think he is the funniest one just because he laughs the loudest.

IFFFFF

It turns out that this women had a hairy face or arms longer then legs

you're NEVER doing it again karl , you hear me... okay

(so yeah turn out it was a little monkey)

OHHHHHHHH KARL THINK , THAT MENTAL YOURE A MORON.THATS IT NEVER AGAIN KARL

>tfw there are people posting on Sup Forums who have only listened to the podcasts/watched the animated show but never listened to the XFM shows
Disgusting

>7/10
jej

Lankleted

Yeah, but those chicks are gone now.

I don't like jellyfish
They're not a fish, they're just a blob
They don't have eyes, fins, or scales like a cod
They float about blind stinging people in the seas
And no one eats jellyfish with chips or mushy peas

Get rid of 'em

This. Karl just came to understand what made him funny -or, more likely, was told "Say more funny stuff, people love it," and started to play it up a bit in the interest of entertainment.

whats the name of the movie with the gremlins?

pleb detected

I've only ever done the XFM shows. I don't want to touch the podcasts and the rest of it because from what I have seen it looks to have become too set up for my liking. It was better when it was just unplanned banter -for the most part- between mates. All the animated shit and "Let's try to market Karl. Let's make Karl more funny ," shit is just annoying to me. Just record the cunt having a chat about random shit; that's what he does best.

Also Ricky and Steve became such wankers as things got bigger. Steve genuinely thinks he's a big shot now and Ricky will just say anything to appease the PC crowd whilst pretending to be outrageous.

your wrong here mate. In theory; karl is right its just 50p who cares. If it were me or you with karl, likely we woulda let the 50p slide. But in reality, he owes steve 50p and should've gave it to him

No, you'RE wrong.
It's not for Karl to decide, the amount is irrelevant.

yeah thats why in reality he should've given him the 50p

Karl is the funniest, though mostly by accident. I don't think the XFM days were scripted, Ricky and Steve openly admitted that they came up with things to discuss in advance earlier in the week and that they sometimes rehashed conversations on-air and there's nothing wrong with this imo. Karl's heart isn't really in most of the podcasts or a lot of the TV stuff, he's doing most of it for a paycheck, which is fine in itself but becomes frustrating when he can't even be bothered to tell the stories "we've done it all before, just go back and listen it to, sick ovvit now"
Steve's likable loser shtick is enjoyable, he can be funny when he is self-depreciating, noticeably quicker wit and funnier turns of phrase than the other pair.
Ricky is genuinely unlikable and not particularly funny, at least on air. Does a good job as an agitator though and as the 'boss'.

We all do that, tell a funny story from our lives and pick up on the parts and ways of telling it that get a good reception and refine it net time. Doesn't make our lives scripted. Even telling a joke a few times isn't really scripted unless you act like it's on the spot.

I think Karl just realized that speaking his mind and being a bit dumbfounded worked for the show so just kept doing it, he wasn't some actor called Jeff.

Same way as at the start ricky get exasperated at very reasonable things but then as it goes on he sometimes starts howling with laughter and frustration as soon as karl opens his mouth before he's even said anything odd, ricky is just poised to go as per routine.

What was Karl's worst go at steve?

it's probably one of the offhanded comments when he didn't even realize he's just destroyed him while Steve is grasping for air.

DON'T. TALK. SHIT